Rape and how societies react - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #316
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Whatever this thread should be called)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
UR correct. I'm perfectly open to this thread being about rape everywhere, and the Mods can confirm that I had asked after the Ohio rape thread was derailed with posts about the Delhi gangrape for that thread and this one 2B merged; with a title regarding rape and other violence against women.

I'm still open to that, and to the posts ITT (including mine) about "other things Indian" being moved to the (dormant) South Asia thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #317
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape outrage, and the "big picture"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
Because people are against the rape of women they're against India? Why don't you ask the woman that just got gang raped in her home if there's nothing else to discuss.
Yeah the poor woman wasn't even out in the street at night and she still got gang-raped.

Start da game: what's your explanation for this one?

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #318
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The India thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
I'm going to India next month
T'es pas une femme ! Alors pourquoi tu t'inquiètes ?

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #319
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Whatever this thread should be called)

Quote:
UR correct. I'm perfectly open to this thread being about rape everywhere, and the Mods can confirm that I had asked after the Ohio rape thread was derailed with posts about the Delhi gangrape for that thread and this one 2B merged; with a title regarding rape and other violence against women.

I'm still open to that, and to the posts ITT (including mine) about "other things Indian" being moved to the (dormant) South Asia thread.
You really need to go outside and breathe, for a change... go on a vacation, or somethin'.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #320
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rape, but not just in India (thread title TBD)

though the discussion about rape of that Indian girl has been derailed to politics and other stuff, it should not be closed as the trial is still on and we need to find out if justice can be served for the poor soul

we need to learn from the mistake we made and improve and should not try to hide it. There are for sure more important things to do in life than keeping faces. Just like some Japanese officials now, are still trying to deny the invasion and brutal killing of so many poor Chinese people during the World War II and even amended the history text book to erase the occurence of this war and re-wrote it to a "peaceful co-operation (excuse me for my bad English), this is absolutely an act of cowardice to the upmost. Why didn't they spend more time to make their economy better instead of doing such a coward thing, ignorance of how they hurt the feelings of Chinese people? (sorry, I am derailing the thread too).

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.

Last edited by Miranda : Jan 17th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
Miranda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #321
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
Yeah the poor woman wasn't even out in the street at night and she still got gang-raped.

Start da game: what's your explanation for this one?
i have already explained that......99% of rapes happen when women are alone......you are clinging on to the rest 1% and trying to make a strong case......

a woman when accompanied by a man is much much safer in general than a woman who's out all alone in the dark......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #322
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
i have already explained that......99% of rapes happen when women are alone......you are clinging on to the rest 1% and trying to make a strong case......

a woman when accompanied by a man is much much safer in general than a woman who's out all alone in the dark......
No offence, I hope you won't mind. I know we are friends for a very long time but I don't agree with you about this. The most important thing is to erase the evil concept of those men who think raping women is nothing wrong (I am referring to ALL those men who committed the rape crime, not only for those in India). I don't know what is the best way to achieve this (may be imposing a more severe punishment first?) but this is the primary thing to do along with providing more protection to women such as sending more polices to patrol on the deserted roads at night etc.

A woman when accompanied by a man is safer in public is not always true, just see the case of this poor 23 years old girl, she got a male companion but still got raped right? It is not very possible that a woman can get male companionship all the time even though she got a boy friend or hubby, they also have a job to do and cannot stay with her all the time right? A woman can only get a male companion to protect her 24/7 unless she is rich enough to hire a body guard.

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Miranda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #323

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
No offence, I hope you won't mind. I know we are friends for a very long time but I don't agree with you about this. The most important thing is to erase the evil concept of those men who think raping women is nothing wrong (I am referring to ALL those men who committed the rape crime, not only for those in India). I don't know what is the best way to achieve this (may be imposing a more severe punishment first?) but this is the primary thing to do along with providing more protection to women such as sending more polices to patrol on the deserted roads at night etc.
like all of you, i will be in the first line of people who wish for that(bolded part) to happen......all i am saying is that i just don't see it happening with the world getting badder each day......we can make all laws we want but once again we will only be opening up opportunities for criminals by sending women out alone in the dark......

Quote:
A woman when accompanied by a man is safer in public is not always true, just see the case of this poor 23 years old girl, she got a male companion but still got raped right?
read my post above.....

Quote:
It is not very possible that a woman can get male companionship all the time even though she got a boy friend or hubby, they also have a job to do and cannot stay with her all the time right? A woman can only get a male companion to protect her 24/7 unless she is rich enough to hire a body guard.
it's not 24/7, i only stressed "during the night"......IN GENERAL, many women go out alone freely during day time and return home safely without any issues......

i don't understand why a woman needs to go out alone in the night unless in exceptional circumstances......

enlighten yourself...
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #324

mods,

lock this thread now......we will open a separate thread when the judgment comes out which will take one year......there is no need to go on discussing about this until then......

JR,

open a separate thread and collect all the rape statistics and related articles around the globe......it seems to be the subject of your interest......

enlighten yourself...
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #325
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rape, but not just in India (thread title TBD)

Outrage in India over rape of 7-year-old girl,OMG,not rape again

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...248110/1/.html
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #326
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of
Re: Ohio Rape: High School Students Joke About Rape In Leaked Video !

Off Topic

Quote:
In addition to (official) taxes, as Mr. Anna Hazare would remind you:

http://www.ipaidabribe.com
I didn't get your point. Well, let me update you once again:

Anti Corruption movement (for Jan Lokpal Bill) is the brain child of Arvind Kejriwal et al. Anna was roped into that movement because of his vast experience with social campaigns, elderly status, clean image etc. Many either forgot or unaware that Arvind played a good role in achieving Right To Information (RTI) Act. He was bestowed with Magsaysay Award. You could refer more about him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
I'm going to India next month
You are welcome to this land anytime unless you are connected to any dubious NGO. Foreign nationals (work visa) are under scanner; some got deported for Visa violations (including French).

I'll respond to Ashi tomorrow.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #327

Re: Ohio Rape: High School Students Joke About Rape In Leaked Video !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
Off Topic

You are welcome to this land anytime unless you are connected to any dubious NGO. Foreign nationals (work visa) are under scanner; some got deported for Visa violations (including French).

enlighten yourself...
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #328
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Violence against women, including rape

Quote:
Gang-rape case committed to fast track sessions court

The trial in the gangrape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in New Delhi was on Thursday committed to sessions and proceedings in the fast track court would commence from January 21.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who will be heading the fast track court, will conduct the case against the five accused.
The case was committed to the sessions judge by Metropolitan Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal, who conducted the proceedings in-camera and all the accused were on Thursday supplied with documents related to the case.
Defence counsel M.L. Sharma, V.K. Anand, Vivek Sharma and A.P. Singh told reporters outside the court that they have also received the e-challan copy of the charge sheet and all the documents related to the case has also been supplied to them.
The counsel also said that the court has rejected prosecution’s plea for bringing the accused in handcuffs.
The court had earlier fixed today for scrutiny of the documents which has been completed.
The five accused -- bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh -- were produced before the court.
The case of the sixth accused -- a minor -- is being heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16, 2012 and she died of injuries on December 29 in a Singapore hospital.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...?homepage=true
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #329
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
mods,

lock this thread now.
.....we will open a separate thread when the judgment comes out which will take one year......there is no need to go on discussing about this until then......

JR,

open a separate thread and collect all the rape statistics and related articles around the globe......it seems to be the subject of your interest......
Don't come in here if its bothering you that much but please stop whining people don't agree with you.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #330
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of
Re: Violence against women, including rape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
I said that Indians are in general very mindful of what others think of them, which you also concur to in this thread.
Let me emphasize for the last time that I care less what others think about us except I cogitate on prejudice and propaganda against India/China/Russia etc. I engage confidently because I'm well versed with what's happening in many countries not just in our homeland.

Quote:
How the western media potrays India. What 'looking at big picture' stuff are you spouting? Or are you alluding to another post?
This stuff you should ponder as it shows present situation (vote bank):

Quote:
What's happening in India across its vast borders from Bangla, Nepal or Pak? Say, did you know the extent of damage to the economy from counterfeit notes? Or infiltration? Or how would you explain the killings of Soldiers? Or Sarpanches? What about 500,000 displaced Kasmiris who are living almost like beggers in Delhi and other parts? What about the recent Assam riots?
Quote:
But blaming only one community for your woes is never the solution & telling them that they should have gone across the border during partition is disgusting & highly insulting to any Indian citizen. That is my world view.
This isn't applicable because I never say such things.

Quote:
You said it yourself.
As I said earlier that it's not about me; once again you avoid point:

Quote:
The question is about millions who can't afford paying for paltry sum of Rs. 3,000/- on return-trip family rail fares, not AIR!
Quote:
Don't blame the Goverment for everything. I'm sure they do their part for the pilgrims.
For everything? Strangely you defend a non-performing and over-hyped Government, also sure of them? Next, you solely base your defense on a Wiki article. Now I'll share about a few facts which you can't get on Wiki or Google:

a) Top accommodation (tin sheets, not tents) at Baltal (base camp) is ~1500/- for two/day - not affordable to many.
b) Forget about tents - over crowded and unhygienic conditions
c) Food in the camp not worthy, though hot served.
d) Helicopter services? They are NOT free. About 5,500/- per head (in 2007) or $100 so ~11,000 for two. Truth is this service is 'premium' to 95% pilgrims so most go by hiring local Kashmiris (for aged) or walk in groups for Kilometers to reach the destination.
e) Most importantly, death rate at the camp and/or en route to shrine is poorly managed due to lack of better medicare and staff.
f) Less said is better on protection. Even after many hardships, pilgrims visit the shrine by literally risking their lives.

There's more to write but it's quite sufficient. What's happening is unacceptable from the Govt's accountability PoV.

After reading the way you put up your defense, one could easily deduce that nothing more could be done and it's their fate. You could have done better than that.

Irrespective of religion, one can't equate mass pilgrimages (Melas or Dargas or anything) to most holy pilgrimage. It's a flawed logic.

Quote:
Yes I do. Link me to where it says that the Govt in all states has a subsidy for Indian christians to visit the Holy Land? Select state govts(TN) give subsidy to garner votes. Every religious community gets their share of subsidy.
You thought I make things out of thin air? I knew this from a good time. Read this A.P. Govt. G.O. (State Minority Finance Corporation) letter (2008):

The tour will be aided by Govt. of A.P. to the extent of only Rs.20,000 per head (equal to Haj) and the balance to be borne by the applicant.

http://www.apsmfc.com/i/MS29.pdf

Then late CM and his family members (2004-09) are culpable for their active involvement in religious conversions under the false pretext of alleviating the poverty. He toyed with Caste quotas. He was responsible for 5% quota for Muslims; High Court threw away the case but pending in the Supreme Court. Whatever happened and happening is rubbish. It's criminal.

Offer holy pilgrim discount to every community else stop it for all. My take is NO need for anyone because this country can't survive economically from huge vote-bank appeasing subsidies, schemes etc since many parties are playing with budgets every year (national and states level) on various Scam/Ponzi schemes. Latest one is Cash Transfer farce to derive votes.

Quote:
Deviate from the topic? I countered a post for religious intolerance, but you mentioned me a couple of times in your posts. If you allude to my posts, expect a reply.
I mentioned you because you threading on a similar path like his. You may reply any no. of times but present it better balance, perspective and facts but not by bias; try not to dodge any point/topic no matter if it doesn't match to your taste or liking. I may not like some things but I can't run away from reality. That's it.

Quote:
You tacitly support his views by saying 'I'm not defending him or anything'
False. I don't approve his or your stand.

I quote this para from a bookmarked article on Indian Economy:

Poverty is a challenge that’s becoming increasingly important in relationship to the alarming rate of new births. This implies that ever more rapid change, or birth control policies like the ‘One Child’ policy in China, are needed to reduce the numbers affected by poverty in the vast Indian economy.

Note: they didn't drag Religion, Caste etc into the scope. It should be same benchmark for every major issue. Hence my stand is quite clear:

No more appeasement. Same Rules, Law, and Justice for every Indian Citizen irrespective of Religion or Caste or Gender

By saying that I conclude now. If you wish you reply then go ahead but I won't be visiting this forum until March/April. Thank you very much.