Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! -- Lucie at the 2013 Australian Open - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #31
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! -- Lucie at the 2013 Australian Open

Yes! Lucie wins on her first MP, 7-6(4) 6-4. That's a really good effort to dig in and turn that second set around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #32
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Yahoo! Hopefully Lucie will feel a little less pressure having gotten through the first round and recorded her first victory of the year. Good stuff, got the job done in straights. A very winnable match against Jovanovski next. And not looking ahead in the draw, but Petrova lost so Peer or Date-Krum would be third round. Hopefully Lucie doesn't know that though because I don't think it would do her mindset any good honestly.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #33

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Lucie is third up tomorrow on Court 22. tomorrow She and Pavlyuchenkova play Timea Babos and Laura Robson.

Thank You, Kim
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #34
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Back to my room now...Im very very happy with Lucie today, I'll write a full match report soon and upload my pics, but lots and lots of positives

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #35
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

So let me start by saying Lucic played the best she can play these days...winner after winner, extremely deep flat shots non stop and really contained her errors. Lucie did a fantastic job at maintaining that, she was absorbing pace and constructing the points behind her serve really well. She also didn't return that badly, Lucic was just playing too well on her service games. In the 2nd set she got broken and that was mostly due to her having a bit of a mental lapse, but that was the only one all match. At 0-30 at 4-5 she served great, and hit winners and was really mentally clutch in that moment. Her BH was solid too, hardly made mistakes off it and hit some nice winners, and Lucic was really attacking to the BH. Lucie also was trying to get her FH spinning up to Lucic's BH but her BH was working really well, so Lucie changed and started going for her FH down the line more, and made some nice shots.

It was overall a high quality match, and at 2-4 in the 2nd Lucie started taking control with her FH and really dominate play. Also she won with a return winner Her serve can be worked on, i would say her 2nd serve was too pushy a lot of the time but she didn't do many DFs. It was a tough match and she figured out how to win which was why I liked it. Hopefully she can put in the same tough performance against Jovanovski. Not even looking to R3 yet.

Pics uploading now and I'll go to the doubles tomorrow. Oh btw she looked great in her new outfit

Oh btw forgot to add...Lucie stepped it up in the TB. She crushed 2 returns to get the 2 mini breaks and really went after her own serves. Lucic did 2 good serves at 1-6, then hit a big winner at 3-6 and screamed come on..and Lucie seemed a little annoyed, then bombed an unreturnable down the middle Biljana was being very positive and they both were really happy at the end

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos

Last edited by Davodus : Jan 15th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #36
country flag Davodus

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122363...yJanuary152013

Practice pics early on in the album

Then match pics later in the album

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #37
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

She looks so buff in that last pic :O

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #38
country flag Davodus

Yeah she looks really fit

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #39
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Thanks a lot David for the nice summary and for your impressions.

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #40
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Thanks so much for getting the match report out so quickly, I was intrigued to see how much of my predictions were right as it's always quite difficult to guess what's going on following the livescores!

I actually had a funny feeling Lucic was playing a lot better than she normally would, the big hitters often seem to find their game against Lucie, maybe I'm biased but it does seem that way!

There seems to be a lot of positives in the mental side of Lucie's match play and that is really encouraging as it's usually a determining factor with Lucie not believing in herself or struggling to think for herself when an opponent is on their game. Sounds like one of Lucie's better played tiebreaks which is also good.

I can't believe Lucie won on a return winner though, that is shocking!

I won't get too carried away as Lucie can follow a well executed match with a terrible one but a better win than it looked on paper and encouraging signs.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #41

Thanks for the match report, David!

Thank You, Kim
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #42
country flag Davodus

Lucie was best player on court by far in the doubles today...she was controlling play from the baseline, she outhit Babos and Robson most of the time. She looked confident...she served pretty well after getting broken early, and she returned well too. She also crossed at the net a few times and hit volley winners

Pavs was also good, they just looked like the better team from the start and it was fun to watch. Lucie looks 10 times more comfortable on court than she did in Brisbane. Also they won on a netcord, pavs went down the line and it hit the net and jumped over the volleyer but i think it would've been a winner anyway.

Lucie 3rd on showcourt 3 tomorrow...its going to be stinking hot. 39C maximum...so it might get delayed for heat. Im hopeful for a good win given how she looks and is hitting, but who knows really.

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #43
country flag Davodus

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122363...yJanuary162013 pics in here...got some from practice with Pavs early in the album

Then match pics and a new outfit at the end

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #44
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie into AO R2 !

Ballbashers like Lucic are very good opponents for Lucie. Jovanovski in R2 is another one. Thanx for the report, Davodus. Seems like Lucie was playing great tennis. Hope she doesn`t turn shit vs Jovanovski. The draw is widen open to R4 now because Petrova - another headcase - lost. Lucie is the best player left in this part of draw. Just hope she won`t stop herself.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #45
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

This Duckworth/Kavcic match is starting to piss me off especially Kavcic. I dont know who these people are but that Kavcic guy has had numerous match points, numerous breaks of serve and still cant close it off. Its his fault this match has been going on for 4 and a half hours...Gah 8-7 in the 5th and Im getting tired over here waiting.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote