AO R2: [10] Wozniacki def. Vekic 61 64 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #16
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlame View Post
PLS PLS PLS let her have a good coach, if she has one this girl will be top10 without a doubt.
She has David Felgate. I'd say he's pretty good.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #17
country flag Slamniacki

Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all
Re: AO R2: [10] Wozniacki def. Vekic 61 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedG View Post
Boo...who does Woz play next? I need her OUT
then go there and kick her out

next is Tsurenko after that Kuznetsova or Navarro
Slamniacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #18
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

Vekic need to mature, that's all.
I don't think Tsurenko,Carla,Sexlana will beat her, Vika to destroy Woz in QF
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #19
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Vekic's time will come. When she calmed down in the second set, she played pretty well. She's going to have a brutal serve/forehand combo in 2-3 years. Very good movement too
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #20
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
She has David Felgate. I'd say he's pretty good.
Still, i think this girl wasn't prepared right for this match. Maybe it's the heat that got the better of her, but she wasn't thinking. And i blame a coach for that. So hopefully he'll do a better job next time.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #21
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she's 16. she hit with konjuh and majoli this morning. i'm sure that between iva and david they told her the right thing...she's just really young
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #22
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Caro played okay up until 4-1 in the 2nd, then she started missing out of nowhere. Needs to get these mental lapses under control.
Vekic has a good forehand and that's about it. At least that's what she showed today.
Nice handshake
Caro just lost her concentration for a short while because she had been winning her games fairly easy. She quickly regrouped and served out the match with a love game.
PMBH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #23
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlame View Post
Still, i think this girl wasn't prepared right for this match. Maybe it's the heat that got the better of her, but she wasn't thinking. And i blame a coach for that. So hopefully he'll do a better job next time.
I think she was not prepared for the heat. Her game was fine in the second. Don't blame the coach. She's young and inexperienced. You expect her to be a world beater already? The fact that she stayed with Caroline is good news already.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #24
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Borz is coming. I was impressed at some of her FH winners, and that one BH CC roll + BHDTL combo on the line at 6-1 4-3 was amazing.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #25
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I think she was not prepared for the heat. Her game was fine in the second. Don't blame the coach. She's young and inexperienced. You expect her to be a world beater already?
Of course i don't. That's what i've been saying. But there were certain points in the match where i think she could've done more had she played more tactically. You could see she needed to calm down in that first set, but in that 2nd set it actually could've been closer with the way she already is now. Definitely on the serve she went for broke too much early in that second set, where margin shots(maybe a little pace off the serve) in the body for example would've been better. She has all the shots and the only parts where i could really see technical issues were on the backhand-side when she was dragged into backhand crosscourt rallies with caroline.

So yes, really impressive. I just hope they work on the mental side and tactics with this girl, cause there's so much to gain there!

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #26
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here we got to se how Caro can play against an opponent who allows more normal rallies. She played quite well most of the match, asserted pressure without hitting many errors. She slipped a bit at the end (the heat?) but it didn't get too close. If she can improve further for next round, this could be a good tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carling View Post
Really? I didn't think Woz was impressive at all. I don't know if she can last another round playing like that. Serena, Maria, Vika, Venus, or Bartoli would have beaten Vekic love and love.

Vekic is adorable and I love her game!
You love Vekic's game but you think Bartoli would have double bageled her! Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit odd?
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #27
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Donna Loads of potential

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #28
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNALI View Post
Vekic need to mature, that's all.
I don't think Tsurenko,Carla,Sexlana will beat her, Vika to destroy Woz in QF
Woz's fitness is unreal and that may get her through another round, but Tsurenko beat Pavlyuchenkova, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Tsurenko beat Caro. I'm a Woz fan, but this Vekic match has me worried.

I hope Caro can turn it on in the next round because IF she beats Tsurenko, she may very well get bageled by Vika. The disparity between the quality of their games is huge at this point.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #29
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say the true: Wozniacki was number one but the real star will be Vekic
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #30
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Well, here we got to se how Caro can play against an opponent who allows more normal rallies. She played quite well most of the match, asserted pressure without hitting many errors. She slipped a bit at the end (the heat?) but it didn't get too close. If she can improve further for next round, this could be a good tournament.

You love Vekic's game but you think Bartoli would have double bageled her! Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit odd?
I don't give a flying fuck what you think! Are you kidding me? Bartoli is the better, more experienced player than Vekic at this point. What kind of dipshit are you?
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote