Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #1
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

The draw is out!

Team GB are in Group B and will play Portugal, Hungary and Bosnia Herzegovina.

Portugal don't have any particularly good players other than MLDB and Koehler and Heather/Laura should be too good for them.

Hungary could be tricky with Babos, Czink and Arn but again, GB should be too strong.

Nothing really needs to be said about Bosnia Herzegovina

If they are to win that group (which they should!) they will play the winner of Group D (Slovenia, Netherlands, Bulgaria or Luxembourg).

What a great opportunity for Team GB

Go Heather, Laura, Anne and Johanna! Only a few weeks to wait
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #2
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

I agree Joe, a very promising section of the draw they have, with Poland and Belarus most likely having to face each other in the opposing half.

In group B, Hungary will be the major threat. Babos hasnt really produced the form i thought she would after juniors where there were numerous tough matches between Laura, Hev and her. I believe if Hev and Laura are on song, the three Hungarian girls shouldnt be a problem and should win their group.

I can see Slovenia coming through Pool D, Hercog can be tough and Srebotnik is the most accomplished doubles player present.

All we need is for Judy to pick smartly, it would be a major risk to put Keothavong and Konta against Hungary and then the winner of D if we were to get there, Hev and Laura are our best bets to get us through to the playoff !!

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #3
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

I'm going to be honest, I liked last year's team a lot better than this one. Yes, Laura and Heather are both considerably better than they were last year and, as the rankings show they're stronger players than Bally and Anne were too. However, I can't help feeling that this year there's a lot less depth to the team. Last year, nobody needed to compete in two matches for the qualifying tie. Bally and Anne took care of the singles, Laura and Heather the doubles. It worked. This year, I don't think there's an argument that anyone other than Laura and Heather should play the singles matches. Heather's also the best doubles player (by a considerable margin) and should play the doubles because of that. Arguably, Laura's the second best at doubles and her doubling with Heather would probably be the strongest doubles team we could muster. Which potentially means that Heather and Laura will be involved in most if not all of the matches in this weak group.

My point is that last year, team GB felt like a team where everyone had a part to play. Now, it feels like Team Heather and Laura, plus two people ranked 100+ places lower.
KeysisGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #4
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Very well put. And my point exactly, Hev and Laura are our best bets to get us through. Konta would benefit from a singles match which of course would pay no relevance to the overall outcome but I differ slightly in your thoughts as i believe Anna wouldn't be a disastrous pick for doubles. Nevertheless, Hev and Laura will have to play the singles matches undoubtedly when it counts. Lets just hope Judy somehow already knows this at the back of her mind

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #5
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Well it's undoubtedly the best draw we could have hoped for. Slovenia have had some withdrawls both Hergoc and Srebotnik are out so the Dutch could potenitally win that group. Anyway if both Hev and Laura are fit and playing half decently we should really be through to the playoffs.

Agree its Team Heather and Laura + support (no disrespect to Anne or Jo). Lets just hope they take care of the singles so we don't have to play any live doubles rubbers and both can be rested as much as possible! If one was to pick up an injury or something we would be in trouble as neither Anne nor Jo are really playing at that high a level atm. Pity Bally is still out, she has an amazing record at fed cup!
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #6
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to miss Bally at Fed Cup
2008- 25K Jersey, 75K Torhout
2009- 25K Changwong, 75K Shrewsbury
2010- 100K Midland, 50K Nottingham
2011- 100K+H Nottingham
2013- 50K Nottingham
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #7

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mforensic View Post
I'm going to miss Bally at Fed Cup
Yeah will seem odd without her
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #8
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I think we should top the group, barring injury or some lights-out performances from unexpected quarters.

Group D: Slovenija's team looks weak - surely Netherlands are favourites for the group? Does Bulgaria have any doubles back-up for Pironkova?
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #9
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Romania looks to have a good team. Glad we will avoid them.

Last edited by pesto : Feb 4th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #10

We play Bosnia on Wed, Portugal Thurs and finish with Hungary on Fri. Saving the best till last? 9.30 slot for all three matches (so 7.30 UK time). Possibly on a streamed court? Assuming Israel's matches will be the streamed ones in the afternoon slot.

Go girls!
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #11
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to them!
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #12
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be surprised if we don't win this group
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #13

Good to see the team bonding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1B9c7y0xEY
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #14
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Great draw Good luck ladies

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Good to see the team bonding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1B9c7y0xEY
Haha i love that video!