17 & 21 year old freshmen clubs - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #121
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: 17 year old freshmen club

2/8/12

- Naomi Tran of Mississippi State joins the club. She turns 18 June 2012 at the end of her freshman year.

gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #122
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: 16 year old freshmen club

3/31/12

- Julyette Steur of Colorado joins the club. She turned 16 July 2011 prior to her freshman year.

- Steur is just the third 16 year old freshman I've uncovered.

- Amazingly the number of 21 year old or older freshmen and 17 year old or younger freshmen are equally balanced, both counts at 60 each.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM   #123
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
3/31/12

- Julyette Steur of Colorado joins the club. She turned 16 July 2011 prior to her freshman year.

- Steur is just the third 16 year old freshman I've uncovered.

- Amazingly the number of 21 year old or older freshmen and 17 year old or younger freshmen are equally balanced, both counts at 60 each.
There are some countries like Russia and Ukraine as well as certain South American countries where it is normal to graduate from high school at 16 to 17 and now with the prevalence of home schooling all around the world, I think we're going to see a lot more of this.

As far as the 21 y/o freshmen, I think that's going to become a lot more unusual now with the 6 month rule. Even 20 y/o freshmen should become very unusual.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #124
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
There are some countries like Russia and Ukraine as well as certain South American countries where it is normal to graduate from high school at 16 to 17 and now with the prevalence of home schooling all around the world, I think we're going to see a lot more of this.

As far as the 21 y/o freshmen, I think that's going to become a lot more unusual now with the 6 month rule. Even 20 y/o freshmen should become very unusual.
Do you think more European players will go to US colleges at the age of 18 & 19?
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #125
country flag gouci

4/10/12

- Jesse Grace of Tennessee joins the club. She turned 17 December 2011 prior to her freshman year.

Old May 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #126
country flag gouci

5/24/12

- Victoria Parshikova of North Texas joins the club. She turns 18 May 2013 at the end of her freshman year.

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM   #127
country flag gouci

Re: 21 year old freshmen club

7/3/12

Johanna Hyoty of Boston joins the club. She turns 21 February 2013 of her freshman year.

Last edited by gouci : Jul 4th, 2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Removed junior transfer Ann-Sophie Porry from the list.
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM   #128
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
7/3/12

Ann-Sophie Porry of Central Florida joins the club. She turns 21 January 2013 of her freshman year.
Porry is a junior college transfer, so I don't think she will be a freshman.
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM   #129
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Porry is a junior college transfer, so I don't think she will be a freshman.
Same ol'hang ups... new year

form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #130
country flag gouci

Nice catch 10sE. Tennisrecruiting.net listed Ann-Sophie Porry as a recent graduate from the high school class of 2012.

Form have a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

As for the 7 Long Beach St. players we know about for 2012-13, they are 100% foreign so they don't celebrate July 4th.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #131
country flag 10sE

Quote:
As for the 7 Long Beach St. players we know about for 2012-13, they are 100% foreign so they don't celebrate July 4th.
Americans have no more exclusive rights to celebrate the 4th of July than Irish do St. Patrick's Day?
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #132
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:

Same ol'hang ups... new year

10sE.... have a great day. St. Patrick's Day is not celebrated in Irvine. But it certainly is in the Long Beach/Seal Beach area!
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #133
country flag 10sE

Re: 17 & 21 year old freshmen clubs

Nicholls State University has a freshman that will turn 24 this year! How is this possible? She is Natalia "Cardiff", previously known as Natalia Cheng 548 WTA high rank!

Something smells fishy:

http://geauxcolonels.com/roster.aspx...2115&path=wten