Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #76
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of
Re: Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year

Well, it's Na Li at AO, so she's probably gonna have to play her best. 4R against Julia would be such a dream, over 100 UEs and all that
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #77
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

A humiliating defeat in the next match against Li and that will be the end of the "great" Romanian campaign at the AO.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #78
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3N View Post
A humiliating defeat in the next match against Li and that will be the end of the "great" Romanian campaign at the AO.
A defeat against Li can't be called humiliated. After all she is a slam winner and former finalist where at AO.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #79
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

I think ALI3N meant a possible harsh score defeat.
But this will not be the case.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #80
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

I hope you're right.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #81
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone seen the match or at least a write up of the match?
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #82
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

1st set again seemed a mess, won't get away with that v Na Li. Needs to be on form from 1st point to have a chance. Best of luck to her, wud be amazing to win this one
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #83
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand ALI3N in a general lack of spirit with most of our girls when they are on their way out.

Yes, there have already been a good amount of baking products so far this year, but we shouldn't get ourselves dragged down that easily.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #84
country flag ALIEN

I've been watching our girls play fore more than 3 years now so I was dragged down a long time ago
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #85
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Sori's draw shows just how important that top 32 seed is. The average ranking of her first two opponents was over 100. Compare that to last year where she met Stosur, Li, and Wickmayer in the first round, and Li in the second round at Wimbledon.

I hope she brings her A game today. She seems to like playing in the big arenas.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #86
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Well, that was pretty disappointing. Na was definitely not at her best, but it was enough to get an easy win against Sori.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #87
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok Sorana.

You are still having the more enthusiastic fans on court.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #88
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't watch it, but Sori

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Kovinic Bencic Vekic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova

Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #89
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sorana played languidly like someone with fever: her first serve was very slow comparing with her standard and with no precision at all, her reactions were nowhere, her footwork was worse than usual. She even didn't play in ball bashing mode, most of her UE's coming from a bad hitting not for a try to hit through the opponent.

It was the Australian heat or is she seek, I don't know.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #90
country flag overrule

Li Na was reading Sori's first serve very well and returning it with interest. Sori should have mixed it up a bit more.

Also, when is she going to learn she needs to start playing better % tennis? She always goes for the winner DTL when pushed out wide on the FH side. She only hits the shot about 5% of the time.

Li is a very good player, and there is no shame in losing to her. However, I'm concerned Sori may have topped out. I don't see any improvement in her game from last year, nor any indication she might eventually get over the hump and become a top 10 player.