Tennis Forum banner

AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

122K views 2K replies 122 participants last post by  Icky80 
#1 · (Edited)

Voodoo Magic​

Cow On Plexicushion Evolution

See less See more
#1,009 ·
Not to quote you twice, I totally agree about unis not being reasonable in respecting our stanning needs :sobbing: Anyway, Masha will win it in two, I ain't worried. With the loss of 6-8 games :cool: It's Doi for Chris't sake, a player I don't know anything about, and I've watched my fair share of tennis :lol:

#1,015 ·
I would actually love to see her come to the net more often and play classical volleys, I think they are pretty good, but for some reason, she only uses them when necessary. I think it would make her life on court a lot easier, if she could finish the points off in that way, instead of always pounding the ball from the baseline :shrug:

#1,024 ·
I actually thought she was coming to the net quite well in her R1 match. Although she backed off and let it drop a lot of the time (that epic missed put away in the first game :inlove:). I'll put it down to lack of confidence in her first match but it's clear that it's something Maria and Thomas have worked on/intend to do.

#1,027 ·
6-0 6-0 win against Puchkova ! :lol:

Puchkova was weak. Now do the same to Doi, Maria :devil:

#1,036 ·
In her 1st round match, I felt like Maria was going more for her shots, like before surgery and I do not know how to explain but I just loved the way she hit her backhand in this first round, it was different from other years. Also, serve motion has changed a bit, but again, I could not explain how... Can anyone help me ?

#1,042 ·
I actually agree with this. I thought her service motion, backhand and particularly the forehand looked much more dynamic and fluid than they had in 2012 - especially the latter part of 2012. She looked like she was swinging through the ball more rather than going up on it and she definitely looked more comfortable taking things off the bounce. But then again, Puchkova's shots were soft enough that doing that just wasn't a challenge for her like it is when she plays the top girls.

#1,048 ·
I believe there are more vids of Doi on youtube :p

#1,054 ·
I don't think I'll be able to stay up for her match. Hoping for a good performance and a nice easy win :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.