Donna Vekic - Page 215 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #3211
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

To my knowledge she never said Wozniacki is her idol She said she models her game after her and Sharapova.

And chingching most players have 3/4 Top 100 wins when they first break Top 100 themselves, nothing new there.

Last edited by BlueTrees : Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #3212
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
By the way I took a video of the last game. I wasn't in such a great position because the seating was so full, so it doesn't look so great. But I'll post it when I'm home next week if you really want. On match point Hlavackova missed the return
Yes, please
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #3213
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre...is-open-vekic/

"It was amazing," Vekic said. "I was quite nervous at the beginning but as the match went on, I started playing my tennis and it was really good.

"I definitely didn't expect it to be that easy, she's a great player and she played better in the second set but I can't really complain with that win."

"Obviously she (Wozniacki) was number one for quite a while and I just want to go out there and see how it is to play against a player like that," she said. "I just want to see if I can do any damage and see how it goes."

"I have belief in her, she likes the big stage," Felgate told Reuters. "She enjoys playing, working hard and listens. Over the last year and a half her rise has been amazing.

"A win is great but the performance, that's what you look at. For someone's first main draw appearance at a grand slam, the performance was incredible."

ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3214
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Before the Aussie Open started I thought Donna would get to the 3rd round. Wozniacki was just awful in Brisbane. Didn't see her loss in Sydney, but Caroline wasn't that impressive today. Lisicki basically gifted her the match in the 3rd.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #3215
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Would love to see it on RLA, but not night, because I'll be out Thursday 6:30pm-9:30pm
Maybe not RLA but she would be on a TV Court for sure.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #3216
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Bravo Donna!!! Win it all!!
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #3217
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all

OMG I see chingching hanging himself after that win.
Oh wait I see he's already making up for some excuses trying to minimize that huge victory.

What a pretending fake ass fan.
cro123456 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #3218
country flag kulysport

kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice

i didnt watch the match, but it is amazing result, im sure i will watch the game vs Wozniacki! and her qoute about playing for the england is great, i like her more after that, i would like her even more if she didnt pose with Dokovic at that party!
kulysport is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3219
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulysport View Post
i didnt watch the match, but it is amazing result, im sure i will watch the game vs Wozniacki! and her qoute about playing for the england is great, i like her more after that, i would like her even more if she didnt pose with Dokovic at that party!
C'mon we don't want nationalism on the forum...

Serbian and Croatian players were always a great friends, Djokovic is a big friend with Ljubicic, Ancic and Cilic

Umag was the first ATP tournament that Djokovic played and his mother is a Croat if you didn't know...I mean c'mon...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #3220
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

I just saw this girl was injured from September last year. This year she won just 2 games in her one and only match. All that means this win is nothing that big, it's big because Vekic is just 16, big promise and it is GS. But we really don't know how good Vekic really is.
However, we can't expect big results until her 20th birthday.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3221
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

14.-27.01.2013. -WTA Grand Slam – Australian Open , Melbourne, AUS hard

04.-10.02.2013. -FED CUP , Eilat, Israel hard

25.2.-05.03.2013. -WTA INTERNATIONAL – BMW MALYSIAN OPEN, Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia hard

This is from Donna's web site.
After Australia Donna will play Fed cup and than she will play WTA in Malaysia.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3222
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
I just saw this girl was injured from September last year. This year she won just 2 games in her one and only match. All that means this win is nothing that big, it's big because Vekic is just 16, big promise and it is GS. But we really don't know how good Vekic really is.
However, we can't expect big results until her 20th birthday.
Well, partially you are right, an injury time-out is a factor, but given Donna's age and inexperience on the big stage (compared to Hlavackova, who has won huge titles and an Olympic medal in doubles), Donna could've easily choked this match away, like so many of her peers would in the same situation. An in-form Hlavackova surely would've been a bigger obstacle, but if we consider the scoreline, I'm not sure Donna would lose it. We can also say that Donna had quite a long break, of course minus the injury, cause she played her last competitive match in early November.

And could you please define "big results"? For me, for example, a big result is a 4th round of a grand slam, because of how rarely our players ever got that far. I don't think we'll have to wait 4 more years to see Donna achieve it. Also, winning any WTA title is a big result if you ask me (Majoli has done it only 8 times in her whole career), and Donna was already a match away from achieving it.

I think we Croats as fans suffer from too high expectations syndrome, and need to try to play the sport ourselves in order to appreciate results of our pros a bit more. But then, with grand slam champions and Davis Cup winners, who wouldn't be spoiled...
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #3223
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

What a scoreline She is on fire!
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #3224
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Come on, Donna! More and more Chinese people know you and become your fans.
SurfingPikachu is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #3225
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Let's make something clear. Wozniacki is not Donna's idol. She said that she plays similar game like Wozniacki.

I watched Lisicki v. Wozniacki match and I truly believe that Donna has nice chance for R3.
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread