Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1951
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Yeah, but Petra played it, too, and she's played a grand total of three matches (two of which she's lost). I didn't really care when she lost to Pavs because Nastia was in good form, reached the final, and at least lost to everyone's Player of the Moment. But then she lost to Domi. Who got to the final and lost...0 and 0.

I don't think you could pin all the blame for that debacle on one or two extra tournaments/exos/team & group things that Petra did over the offseason – but I can't help but think that better scheduling (forgoing either the exhibition, Fed Cup or the extraliga) and more time to establish and get used to a training schedule could've prevented Petra having to get used to playing tennis again while the other two girls you mentioned seem to be doing quite well.

Just my opinion, of course.
I think we are overanalyzing a bit. That Sharpie exho had been scheduled looooong in advance and she didn't want to disappoint those 10,000 paying compatriots. It's possible that Maria will never come to Prague again. It would have been sad to miss this event and the chance to kiss a famous icehockey player.
Same for FedCup. She'd been looking forward to the final since April and her large family had bought 100+ tickets, expecting her to be the main star of the event. Unmissable!
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1952
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Sorry Petronius.

You had to read what we said.

Petra was sick (and needed a full recovery). Aga wasn't/didn't.

Plus, Petra played an Exo and Fed Cup. Aga didn't.

Plus, Petra had a new fitness guy. Aga didn't. Petra needed that added time to acclimate herself to that/him.

Etc., etc., etc. You get the picture. It's not the same.

I appreciate your loyalty and Patriotism (mind you I've defended Petra today several times as well). But Petra and her team really appear to have their Top individual Tennis players goals for her, all screwed up.

Sorry.
Aga was injured and played half of the season with an injury producing decent results and even playing some 3 hour+ thrillers at YEC. She too needed recovery

Exho was a joke and Petra was most of the time standing still, i bet she wasted more energy with her bf after it

She rested before FC till last day where she had some warm ups before FC, also she produced some GOAT tennis vs Empress. not an issue if look into this, cause it gave her confidence boost after not so impressive Asian swing and year in general.

Extraliga was great warm up before start of the season shaking off some rust or to see where you are but Petra wasn't even playing at 50%, so this time it's ok. I had an issue with it because she pushed herself too far last time.

With the way our girl plays, she needs to be in those tournaments to keep her in game form cause she's lazy and wouldn't even put close amount of effort during practice.
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1953
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Aga was injured and played half of the season with an injury producing decent results and even playing some 3 hour+ thrillers at YEC. She too needed recovery

Exho was a joke and Petra was most of the time standing still, i bet she wasted more energy with her bf after it

She rested before FC till last day where she had some warm ups before FC, also she produced some GOAT tennis vs Empress. not an issue if look into this, cause it gave her confidence boost after not so impressive Asian swing and year in general.

Extraliga was great warm up before start of the season shaking off some rust or to see where you are but Petra wasn't even playing at 50%, so this time it's ok. I had an issue with it because she pushed herself too far last time.

With the way our girl plays, she needs to be in those tournaments to keep her in game form cause she's lazy and wouldn't even put close amount of effort during practice.
I love it when you're funny and honest Shifty ('Petra's lazy', 'more energy expended with her boyfriend', 'bad practice player'). Tell us how you really feel?

I hear ya Shifty. However, the problem with playing those matches, is that Petra's now complaining about pain as a result of her fitness training.

She should have taken that extra playing time (Exo, Fed Cup, Extraliga), and used it for rest and/or training time. That's the problem.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 14th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1954
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hear ya. However, the problem with playing those matches, is that Petra's now complaining about pain as a result of her training.
that's how rumors star to fly around Petra didn't talk about pain or being fatigue, she talks vague things about her technique(serving motion, footwork etc).
FC\Exho\Extraliga etc. are not the issue, it's her ability to wilt is
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #1955
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I appreciate your loyalty and Patriotism (mind you I've defended Petra today several times as well). But Petra and her team really appear to have their Top individual Tennis players goals for her, all screwed up.
Sorry.
As for patriotism. This is what happens if someone is from a small country (like Petra). Could you imagine the level of patriotism if the US split into 50 states and everyone in the former US suddenly cheered for their separate little country? The Fed Cup semis could be Connecticut vs. Italy and Czech Rep. vs. Florida
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1956
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's how rumors star to fly around Petra didn't talk about pain or being fatigue, she talks vague things about her technique(serving motion, footwork etc).
FC\Exho\Extraliga etc. are not the issue, it's her ability to wilt is
Oh yeah (Whether it's pain, range of motion, muscle memory, who the hell cares, its' Petra).

I tell ya, this thing is just weird (but not highly shocking).
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1957
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
As for patriotism. This is what happens if someone is from a small country (like Petra). Could you imagine the level of patriotism if the US split into 50 states and everyone in the former US suddenly cheered for their separate little country? The Fed Cup semis could be Connecticut vs. Italy and Czech Rep. vs. Florida
I here ya/it Petronius. And I think that's both wonderful and commendable.

However (as you know), to be a top tennis player, sometimes/many, most times, you need to be a little selfish as well.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #1958
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Any comments from Petra apart from that Tweet?
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #1959
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I think we are overanalyzing a bit...
Psssst - we've been doing that for a long time now

Petra's only problem is fitness and training. I think she's slower - she sorta looks like she has lost the spring in her step that she used to have. She's too much in reaction mode now.

Maybe this is all due to all the new duties that has to do since after winning wimbledon (all the sponsorship and PR stuff that she has go to and conduct - all the lessons that she has to undergo with or without Katie Spellman - all those things might be interfering with her old routine.

So maybe she needs to forget the fame and fortune - forget about speaking smooth English and what-not and go back to basics: re-prioritize tennis - put 100% focus back on what she used to do. Pick up her old daily routine.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #1960
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Any comments from Petra apart from that Tweet?
Source BBC Coverage of Robson Match : " I don't think that I ever had a worse serve than today," said Kvitova.
The Czech added: "I think that she surprised me with the serve. She's lefty, it's dangerous and I had some trouble with it. She's trying to play very fast and her forehand is good.
"She had a serve for the match and she didn't make it, but she had a second chance and she did it. She did pretty well."
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #1961
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Somebody knows if Petra is gonna request a WC to play in Paris??
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #1962
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Somebody knows if Petra is gonna request a WC to play in Paris??
Yes she will, it's all in Melbourne thread discussed
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1963
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes she will, it's all in Melbourne thread discussed
Should open a new thread and move on with Melbourne!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM   #1964
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova
Thanks to @opengdfsuez for the wild card! Happy to be returning to Paris and hope for some good matches. I have nice memories from 2011
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #1965
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova
Thanks to @opengdfsuez for the wild card! Happy to be returning to Paris and hope for some good matches. I have nice memories from 2011