Scotland striker tweets racist rant - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #61
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scotland striker tweets racist rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
At least football's powers that be are at least making noise about racism being wrong.

As opposed to trying to roll back voting rights, as in the U.S. Or refusing to admit anything happened, like IW.
Can't say the same about some of the posters on TF making excuses for why its acceptable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #62
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Williamsser, isn't griffiths showing the exact same attitude as all of those who are opposed to immigration? personally, i don't think such attitudes should be tolerated, but i wonder how many republicans, tea party morons, and conservatives throughout the world share in griffith's view.

if you're trying to show that racism exists in europe, then congrats, but there was no real need cos we all know that. just like we know it exists in the usa. if you're trying to show that it exists in football, then congrats, but we knew that already too. just like we know it exists in tennis.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #63
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post

Danilo sentenced to prison for racism

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-abuse?cc=5901

Udinese defender Danilo has been found guilty of racist abuse and been sentenced to a year in prison by a court in Brazil.
Prison for saying something racist!? I've never heard that before.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #64
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Is that scaring the pants off of you?

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #65
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Is that scaring the pants off of you?
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #66
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
Williamsser, isn't griffiths showing the exact same attitude as all of those who are opposed to immigration? personally, i don't think such attitudes should be tolerated, but i wonder how many republicans, tea party morons, and conservatives throughout the world share in griffith's view.

if you're trying to show that racism exists in europe, then congrats, but there was no real need cos we all know that. just like we know it exists in the usa. if you're trying to show that it exists in football, then congrats, but we knew that already too. just like we know it exists in tennis.
Indeed, quite a few people were more than happy to share their negative stereotypes of football fans, despite the fact that millions of us enjoy and admire the contributions of athletes from around the world. I've also found that no matter where I am (outside of the US) I can strike up a friendly conversation over a beer about football with almost anyone. The idea that all football fans are racists is as stupid as the idea that no football fans are racists.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #67
country flag currie84

currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post

Scotland striker tweets racist rant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ist-tweet.html

Anti-racism campaigners called on the authorities to punish controversial Hibs and Scotland striker Leigh Griffiths after he sent a racist tweet to one of his Twitter followers.

The SPL's joint leading goalscorer is being investigated by Lothian and Borders Police and the SFA - and faces separate disciplinary action from his club - after a heated exchange with one of the 13,000 Twitter users who follow him on the social network site.

Griffiths is understood to have told Livingston-based tweeter Zak Iqbal to: 'F*** off back to your own country ya clown' during a heated exchange on Thursday night.

The 22-year-old striker, whose loan deal at Hibs from English Championship side Wolves looks likely to be extended until the summer, later apologised and deleted the message before closing his account.

But Show Racism the Red Card last night described his comment as 'totally unacceptable' and challenged Hibs, the SFA and the police to dish out appropriate punishments.

A spokesman said: 'Show Racism the Red Card is saddened by Hibernian FC player Leigh Griffiths' tweet to one of his followers.

'We wish to see a Scotland free of racism and condemn all incidence of racism across social networking sites, in football and wider society.

'Online racism is as serious and damaging as face-to-face racism and the comments made by Mr Griffiths were totally unacceptable. We feel the negative reaction to these tweets are indicative that the majority of people in Scotland are in agreement with us.

'Mr Griffiths appears to have realised the grave error he made and apologised to Mr Iqbal and the general public.

'He'll now face possible punishment by his club and the Scottish football authorities. We hope the matter can be dealt with swiftly by the relevant authorities.
what's racist about this tweet?
currie84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #68
country flag mykarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post

Like this teaparty moron that claims his tee shirt isn't racist.

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #69
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Indeed, quite a few people were more than happy to share their negative stereotypes of football fans, despite the fact that millions of us enjoy and admire the contributions of athletes from around the world. I've also found that no matter where I am (outside of the US) I can strike up a friendly conversation over a beer about football with almost anyone. The idea that all football fans are racists is as stupid as the idea that no football fans are racists.
you are probably speaking as an american. football will remain the most popular sport in europe no matter what. still, people here understand that some aspects of the football culture in europe are problematic. and i guess it is the tribalist, local patriotic aspect that attracts a disproportionate number of xenophobes and racists. who are still a tiny minority nevertheless. but they can ruin the fun for everyone, like at that milan friendly.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #70
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post

He's no more racist than some I know.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #71
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post

What do you find racist about it? Be specific please!

(can't really make out the face) A medicine man/Obamacare....Racist? Really?....Come on!!..
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #72
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

I think people is confusing racism with xenophobia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
What else do a tennis player wish for! That's every players dream. Anything possible it's just a game' not like she wants to be president !
Yes, momma! Teach these basic girls the meaning of context!
Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #73
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
you are probably speaking as an american. football will remain the most popular sport in europe no matter what. still, people here understand that some aspects of the football culture in europe are problematic. and i guess it is the tribalist, local patriotic aspect that attracts a disproportionate number of xenophobes and racists. who are still a tiny minority nevertheless. but they can ruin the fun for everyone, like at that milan friendly.
It's true, but nonetheless while in Britain, Europe and Mexico I've had many friendly conversations with locals about football. Most people, even football fans, are decent sorts who'd rather chat your ear off than bite it off. Not once have I had a bad experience.

White Sox games? Now those were scary.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #74
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
That is one more country yoh have crossed off your travels destination, ... it would be hard for your to travel to a new place and not talk to the people.

And we all know what happen whenver yout talk through your keyboard.

In case you are wondering, Brazil has lot of black people

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #75
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
That is one more country yoh have crossed off your travels destination, ... it would be hard for your to travel to a new place and not talk to the people.

And we all know what happen whenver yout talk through your keyboard.

In case you are wondering, Brazil has lot of black people
I hear some of them like football, and even cheer for players of European and native descent.