Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #1936
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
What "Old Habits Die Hard" Shifty?

I can't believe [I said that], and I'm afraid to ask?

What is she talking about (her exercises or her strokes)?

By the way, I have my own ideas on how Petra ended the season, and how she prepared for 2013, but I've been keeping it to myself.

SMH
New fitness coach has some body training program that directly linked to the way she plays tennis or somethings, i don't know how to explain this in "tennis terms" but if you follow football this means she working on her "perfect throwing motion and right footwork like QBs do" but because she wasn't battle tested yet, she's still not comfortable or familiar enough with new technique and tends to mix it with "the old way" this messes whole thing. Petra admitted that she just needs to play more even if it's badly to become fully comfortable with new things and improved result will come soon enough
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1937
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Well, going by this timeline, perhaps she'll lose 1R at the French Open, then peak at Wimbledon and begin dominating everything in heretofore unheard of, superior-to-2011, Serena-GOAT fashion.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1938
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
New fitness coach has some body training program that directly linked to the way she plays tennis or somethings, i don't know how to explain this in "tennis terms" but if you follow football this means she working on her "perfect throwing motion and right footwork like QBs do" but because she wasn't battle tested yet, she's still not comfortable or familiar enough with new technique and tends to mix it with "the old way" this messes whole thing. Petra admitted that she just needs to play more even if it's badly to become fully comfortable with new things and improved result will come soon enough
I had wrote you earlier. You can check that.

Are you saying, that her new "fitness instructor" changed Petra's swing (yikes)?

Or are you saying, that she's changed her motion, cause her body is (hopefully temporarily) hurting?

As I said earlier, if this is true, the reason why it's happening: Because Petra and her team didn't give her enough time rest and prepare for the new season (Playing Fed Cup and Extraliga). I understand, what you're saying, but this shouldn't be happening, if they knew what they were doing.

It almost seemed like the new upcoming season (and fitness coach), was an after thought.

You ever heard Petra complain the last two year, about her swing, due to her work outs?

SMH
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1939
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe Shifty.

However, I feel this is all result (if you actually believe Petra, remember she has many excuses) of Petra playing Fed Cup.

Since Petra was sick, she should have taken those full 2-3 weeks after Istanbul to heal and feel better. So that way, she wouldn't have to recover after Fed Cup. I think this set her back, possibly 1-3 wks (coming back early to practice/play Fed Cup, the week she played, and the extra week to recuperate, after she played).

Remember, Petra wasn't even healthy when she was practicing for Fed Cup.

And if Petra knew she was getting a new fitness person, she could have used that extra 1-3 weeks for 2013 preparation. As it is, it appears that Petra didn't have enough time, for her usual end of season training (fitness and tennis), and I think that's one of the reasons why she's suffering now; or did the past few weeks. You can even say the same for Extraliga (another week).

When you only have a little more than a month before the new season, an extra 1-3 weeks preparation really makes a difference.
funny, how you didn't mention extraliga cause she returned early from her vacation to start training

Also, Petra said that because she was healthy, she had productive training with enough reps before start of season, our girl is lazy

upd

Quote:
I had wrote you earlier. You can check that.

Are you saying, that her new "fitness instructor" changed Petra's swing (yikes)?

Or are you saying, that she's changed her motion, cause her body is (hopefully temporarily) hurting?

As I said earlier, if this is true, the reason why it's happening: Because Petra and her team didn't give her enough time rest and prepare for the new season (Playing Fed Cup and Extraliga). I understand, what you're saying, but this shouldn't be happening, if they knew what they were doing.

It almost seemed like the new upcoming season (and fitness coach), was an after thought.

You ever heard Petra complain the last two year, about her swing, due to her work outs?
dunno, she's vague about it.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1940
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
funny, how you didn't mention extraliga cause she returned early from her vacation to start training

Also, Petra said that because she was healthy, she had productive training with enough reps before start of season, our girl is lazy

upd

I did, read it again. But if it was clearer in my mind, you damn right I would have written more about it.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1941
country flag Excelscior

Quote:

upd

What a clusterfuck!!!!!!!!

That beautiful swing should never be changed, for any reason.

SMH!!!!!!!!!!! Nonetheless, I doubt he did it. At least I hope not.

If GM only knew the stuff Petra and her team says and does (or if we kept them up to date).
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1942
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

The only thing I can think of would be that if you've become stronger during the offseason due to a particular training regime, perhaps it's difficult to adjust your timing and swing speed based on the fact that it doesn't take as much effort to generate power.

Or, you know, she wasn't able to get in a solid (regular) offseason fitness thing because of the exo, Fed Cup and the Czech extraliga and everything's all screwy now.
petra
•••••
maria
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #1943
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
The only thing I can think of would be that if you've become stronger during the offseason due to a particular training regime, perhaps it's difficult to adjust your timing and swing speed based on the fact that it doesn't take as much effort to generate power.

Or, you know, she wasn't able to get in a solid (regular) offseason fitness thing because of the exo, Fed Cup and the Czech extraliga and everything's all screwy now.
I think its' this!!!!!!!

Cause the weight training (even high rep, low weight), I think would more create the situation you described.

Nonetheless, like you, I think it's the result of lack of preparation time due to the Exo (which I forgot), Fed Cup, Czech Extraliga (which I almost forgot), and all that other BS she shouldn't have participated in.

And remember, this woman was sick, and should have been recovering, so she would have had full time to recuperate, and prepare for the new season.

Anyway, hopefully she wins tonight. Because if she doesn't; this thing is gonna really blow up!!! Once again: What a Clusterfuck (her team)!!
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1944
country flag netphobia

Yes. You know, now that I think about it, I would much prefer to deal with some version of Petra who's like oh no, I'm actually getting too much power from all this training I've been doing!! vs. "played 400 random tournaments that did nothing whilst recovering from bronchitis and also during offseason". Sigh.

If she loses, I will officially descend into the realm of delusion/denial, and expect a second Wimbledon, followed by a U.S. Open later this year.
petra
•••••
maria
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #1945
country flag netphobia

Oh, also, I found this when I was looking up H2Hs. (I wanted to see how many sets Wimbledon took, couldn't remember...)

Starting 08/28/2012, here is a graph of Petra's performance vs. Fran's.

petra
•••••
maria
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1946
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Extraliga is not an issue IMO. Radwanska played it for the very first time in December 2012 (four matches) and lo and behold - she has just bagged Auckland and Sydney titles in a row. Kookie Zakopalova played it too and reached the Shenzen final where she almost beat Li Na. She also just demolished Scheepers in R1.

Yes, in the ideal, 'grandslam-only' world Petra would end her season right after YEC, take a long holiday and start preparing for the Aussie swing, while turning her back on the national team just like Djokovic or Federer did. But this hasn't happened yet. Fed Cup is still very important for her.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #1947
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Yes. You know, now that I think about it, I would much prefer to deal with some version of Petra who's like oh no, I'm actually getting too much power from all this training I've been doing!! vs. "played 400 random tournaments that did nothing whilst recovering from bronchitis and also during offseason". Sigh.

If she loses, I will officially descend into the realm of delusion/denial, and expect a second Wimbledon, followed by a U.S. Open later this year.
Yeah, if Petra didn't play Fed Cup, Extraliga and that Exo, she'd have more time to recuperate from her bronchitis and practice/prepare and exercise (properly) for the new season.

To me, it just seems like a clear case (if you can believe Petra), of not enough recuperation time, before, or while, she picked up a racket.

As far as Petra telling her (ahem) peoples, "NO" to Extraliga, Fed Cup and her Exo?????....I think you know the answer to that one at the moment.

And I'll just leave it at that.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1948
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Extraliga is not an issue IMO. Radwanska played it for the very first time in December 2012 (four matches) and lo and behold - she has just bagged Auckland and Sydney titles in a row. Kookie Zakopalova played it too and reached the Shenzen final where she almost beat Li Na. She also just demolished Scheepers in R1.

Yes, in the ideal, 'grandslam-only' world Petra would end her season right after YEC, take a long holiday and start preparing for the Aussie swing, while turning her back on the national team just like Djokovic or Federer did. But this hasn't happened yet. Fed Cup is still very important for her.
Sorry Petronius.

You had to read what we said.

Petra was sick (and needed a full recovery). Aga wasn't/didn't.

Plus, Petra played an Exo and Fed Cup. Aga didn't.

Plus, Petra had a new fitness guy. Aga didn't. Petra needed that added time to acclimate herself to that/him.

Etc., etc., etc. You get the picture. It's not the same.

I appreciate your loyalty and Patriotism (mind you I've defended Petra today several times as well). But Petra and her team really appear to have their Top individual Tennis players goals for her, all screwed up.

Sorry.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #1949
country flag netphobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Yeah, but Petra played it, too, and she's played a grand total of three matches (two of which she's lost). I didn't really care when she lost to Pavs because Nastia was in good form, reached the final, and at least lost to everyone's Player of the Moment. But then she lost to Domi. Who got to the final and lost...0 and 0.

I don't think you could pin all the blame for that debacle on one or two extra tournaments/exos/team & group things that Petra did over the offseason – but I can't help but think that better scheduling (forgoing either the exhibition, Fed Cup or the extraliga) and more time to establish and get used to a training schedule could've prevented Petra having to get used to playing tennis again while the other two girls you mentioned seem to be doing quite well.

Just my opinion, of course.
petra
•••••
maria
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1950
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Yeah, but Petra played it, too, and she's played a grand total of three matches (two of which she's lost). I didn't really care when she lost to Pavs because Nastia was in good form, reached the final, and at least lost to everyone's Player of the Moment. But then she lost to Domi. Who got to the final and lost...0 and 0.

I don't think you could pin all the blame for that debacle on one or two extra tournaments/exos/team & group things that Petra did over the offseason – but I can't help but think that better scheduling (forgoing either the exhibition, Fed Cup or the extraliga) and more time to establish and get used to a training schedule could've prevented Petra having to get used to playing tennis again while the other two girls you mentioned seem to be doing quite well.

Just my opinion, of course.
Agreed.

When you only have an extra 3-6 wks at the end of the season, 1-3 weeks of preparation or rest time makes a BIG DIFFERENCE.