** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #166
country flag peipei

peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
Pre-tournament press conference with Maria Sharapova

Q. You handled those junior boys okay, no problem?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Hmm. One of them was really on top of me and then I got really mad. I think he had eight set points and I ended up winning the set. I'm not going to tell who it is. Too embarrassed. I don't think he slept well after that one.
peipei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #167
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't write letters back. Most of them end with, Can you please send me an autograph? Yeah, my mother and I actually have a whole system where she goes through all the mail and I sign as many as I can back.

So her mother is also her secretary/PA.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #168
country flag peipei

peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice

SHARAPOVA OPENS WITH DOUBLE BAGEL
Maria Sharapova showed she's fully recovered from the right collarbone injury that forced her to withdraw from Brisbane two weeks ago, rolling through her opener at the Australian Open.
Published January 14, 2013 12:00

MELBOURNE, Australia - Maria Sharapova showed she's fully recovered from the right collarbone injury that forced her to withdraw from her only Australian Open lead-up tournament two weeks ago in Brisbane, crushing Olga Puchkova in her first match at the first Grand Slam tournament of the year.

The No.2-seeded Sharapova blasted 18 winners and blanked her fellow Russian in 55 minutes, 60 60.

"After a couple of close games and a few break points early on I certainly started to concentrate a bit better," Sharapova said. "I didn't want to focus on the fact I hadn't played a lot of matches, I just wanted to focus on what was ahead of me and really concentrate on being aggressive. I had never played her before, but it was one of those matches where I just wanted to think about what I had to do."

Sharapova has now won by a double bagel three times at Grand Slams, over Beatrice Capra in the third round of the 2010 US Open and over Alexandra Cadantu in the first round of last year's French Open.

"You focus on every point and every game and try to win as many as you can; today was just a good scoreline," Sharapova said. "But even if you win 7-6 in the third, you've still won the match."

Sharapova was asked about her lack of preparation going into the year's first Grand Slam.

"I would have loved to come in with a few matches, but sometimes circumstances don't allow that, and that's okay," Sharapova said. "To me, I'd rather be going onto the court knowing I'm healthy. Yes, I might be a little bit rusty, but I'll work my way through it. I'm experienced enough to know the adjustments I have to make in those types of circumstances. I went to Brisbane. I certainly would have loved to step on the court and play those matches, but it just didn't work out this time."

Sharapova could face No.25 seed Venus Williams in a blockbuster third round match-up - she was asked about the potential clash with her fellow former No.1. "First of all we still have to get to that point, and then we can discuss it further," she said. "There's no doubt she's a champion, and an experienced one at that - and no matter where she's ranked or what level she's at, she's a tough opponent."
peipei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #169
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Transcribed Interview

Start of Transcribed Interview
Q. I take it the rust didn't hurt too much out there?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, after a couple of close games and a few break points, certainly started to concentrate a bit better. And, you know, I didn't want to focus on the fact I hadn't played a lot of matches. Just wanted to focus on just what was ahead of me and really concentrate and, you know, be aggressive. I also never faced her before again. So it was just one of those matches where I didn't try to worry about her too much. I just tried to, you know, think about what I had to do.

Q. You have now gotten a double bagel win at every slam. It completes your double bagel slam or calendar slam. Is that something you're proud of?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't think that's very relative to anything. (Laughter.) You know, when you're out there and playing, you're just focusing on every point and every game and trying to win as many as you can, and today was just a good scoreline.

Q. You don't get any extra satisfaction out of 0‑0?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, if you win 7‑6 in the third, you still won the match.

Q. Did you take anything from today as far as what you want to work on maybe the next couple of days as far as you felt like you did something really well or that you weren't necessarily happy with?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I always do, because it's tough to feel completely satisfied. You always want to improve on things and work on certain things that you feel will help you in the later rounds certainly towards the end of the second week. But, yeah, overall I was happy with the way I started, considering I didn't play any matches coming in.

Q. You got through round one in 55 minutes without losing a game. Must be a wonderful feeling for you. Are you already aware that Venus Williams played five more minutes and lost only one game?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't really think time matters and the scorelines; we both went out to play matches today and we both won. That's the bottom line.

Q. You aren't aware that you may have to face her in the third round?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I have seen the draw, yes. Thank you.

Q. On the court it's cold or hot?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Cold or hot?

Q. What's your feeling?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: You were there. Did you watch?

Q. Yeah, I watched.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Was it cold or hot?

Q. Cold.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Cold? It's probably warmer when you're playing. I felt pretty good, much colder than the other days.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #170
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Some of Masha's bitchy replies
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #171
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. My. God. SO MUCH BITCHINESS .
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #172
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Q. You aren't aware that you may have to face her in the third round?

i did not think her replies were bitchy at all. that question was phrased as an accusation, attempting to goad her into saying something dismissive of her second round opponent, and she responded with a successful verbal drop shot.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #173
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's reply to the Venus comment . She has seen the draw guys , prepare yourselves .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #174
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

I love the way Maria handles her post match conferences these days. More interactive and human.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #175
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Anybody watched ESPN interview? What did she say about Grigor?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #176
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Anybody watched ESPN interview? What did she say about Grigor?
I SO want to watch that interview but can't find it anywhere
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #177
country flag slvr1969

slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all

Maria Sharapova joins Twitter, blushes when asked about new boyfriend

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...itter/1832709/

"In other Sharapova news, she visited ESPN's set following her double bagel of Olga Puchkova. Host Chris Fowler took the opportunity to ask a relaxed Maria whether she heard the first-round score of rumored boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov. (He lost.)The question drew instant giggles from Sharapova, turned her face the color of her "cheeky" gummy candy and elicited a playfully defensive, "come on, I'm not saying anything."

That says everything Maria!"
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #178
country flag Profusion

Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice Profusion is just really nice

Who do you think will be the first person she follows?
Profusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #179
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profusion View Post
Maybe Billie Jean King, since she mentioned her in one of her speeches and BJK welcomed her on twitter, too
Maybe Conde Nast Elevator lol (is that account still active?)
Who knows...
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #180
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profusion View Post
I'm don't think she will follow anyone. But the sponsors, yes, like on facebook.
Cole Haan - Evian - Head - Nike - Samsung - Tiffany & Co. - TAG Heuer - WTA
Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote