Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #1921
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Aren't you from Queens or something?

So I'm not sure this passing the astma blame to the next door borough is objectively motivated
Yeah, you funny.

That article states 'Petra almost passed out and fainted' when they discovered it. So considering her loss and the description at the Bronx ITF event, that makes more sense.

Petra went to the 4th rd of the US Open, and played a long 3+hr match (I think), against the Former Russian #1, on her way to losing to Wickmayer in the 4th.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #1922
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You're welcome.Not sure how that Google translator system really works,but they should offer a disclaimer in bold letters whenever their page is found.When I was looking for the nickname for Petra's new trainer,they claimed that the Czech word for 'bedwetter' was.....bedwetter.

It's a win-win situation for me: If Petra gets into good shape,then I'll tip my hat to her trainer with a silent apology for doubting his abilities.However,if Petra starts huffing and puffing again while the average gal remains fresh and lively,then Paul will be bound by his word to give the correct translation
Petra may be smarter than we think.

After looking at that Sydney schedule: If she could manage to win it or at least get into the finals, that would be a nice warm up into the Australian. However if Petra would have won Brisbane (just bear with me here ), she would have probably played Sydney anyway, and then the Australian Open. So this may work out (knock on Wooden Tennis Racket) after all?

We'll see?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #1923
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
@BenRothenberg
Have received confirmation from the Kvitova camp that there is *no* truth to rumors that she would be working with Vaidisova in Melbourne.
interesting stuff here
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #1924
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

The main difference in Petra´s preseason training was not using exercise machines and concentrated on bodyweight exercises.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...ledku--1161366
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #1925
country flag Excelscior

For those of you that care: Petra was the 5th most popular rated player; the 17th most hated, and THE OVERALL 3RD RATED PLAYER in Sexysova's annual Fave, Hated list.

Remember, last year, Petra finished #2 (one vote behind Venus, and believe it or not, I didn't vote ), and this year, after a disappointing 2012, she still managed to only drop one place to #3.

Congrats Petra. Now if only her tennis can be on such a rise.

We'll see?
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1926
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
(one vote behind Venus, and believe it or not, I didn't vote )
Me neither

Congrats to her.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #1927
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Me neither

Congrats to her.
Well, I felt so bad about that omission last year, I voted this year.

Don't worry, I won't ask what you did this year?
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #1928
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

b/c she's now just as irrelevant as Venus?

lost to pova 3 in a row, pova fans gonna like her
lost to aggie in YEC, aggie fan is fine with her
not even a threat to Vika, Vika fan won't care too much
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1929
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
b/c she's now just as irrelevant as Venus?

lost to pova 3 in a row, pova fans gonna like her
lost to aggie in YEC, aggie fan is fine with her
not even a threat to Vika, Vika fan won't care too much
I hear what you're saying. But that's over simplifying a bit, I think.

Keep in mind if Petra won a lot, she would gain more fans as well.

Obviously, a lot of people still root for, like her, wish her to do well, even when she's playing poorly. Venus, just gained a bunch of additional votes (I hate to say it), cause of her recent ailment and struggles. But I'm not hating, or have a problem with that.

Just look at Lisicki for comparison. She tumbled in that poll, and she hasn't won much/squat, or been a threat to anyone (minus Wimbledon) since 2011. And Serena (who won almost everything), still ended the year #4.

I understand why, but you're not giving Petra enough credit.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1930
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Just read an interview with Petra (http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-...nove-telo.html). It seems that she's still adjusting to the results of her new fitness regime, which has somehow messed up (hopefully just temporarily) the mechanics of her tennis strokes - she sounds very confused...

Congrats to Schiavone on advancing to the second round

Seriously, I think she'll advance, but it may be very very ugly.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1931
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Just read an interview with Petra (http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-...nove-telo.html). It seems that she's still adjusting to the results of her new fitness regime, which has somehow messed up (hopefully just temporarily) the mechanics of her tennis strokes - she sounds very confused...

Note: Didn't read the article yet.

I don't know if this is true or another excuse (remember the asthma from Brisbane, and "I don't knows" coming from Petra in Sydney), but if so, sorry, I can't say I'm surprised.

What a clusterfuck Petra and her team are, continue to be.

I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully, she hit enough with different people (though she still needs a male hitting partner--as TennisAddict84 recently reiterated) at the Open, to where she can make some noise and immediate impact here. I hope she can/does!

PS: I just realized what you just said about Schiavone. Nah, I think Petra will beat her. Mind you, I didn't read the article, but I hope Petra didn't say the bad swing continues?

I figured she was just talking about past tournaments (excuses, excuses).
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1932
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
The main difference in Petra´s preseason training was not using exercise machines and concentrated on bodyweight exercises.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...ledku--1161366
Quote:

"Old habits die hard" that's how i would sum up her interview, so this mean we have to buckle up for more fuckery?

Good thing she plays today cause this time it's much warmer(around 30 degrees) i.e courts would be little faster, if she would've played yesterday when courts were slower than clay because of unusual low temperature around 15 degrees, we would have witness horror show and double bagel from Fran
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1933
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
"Old habits die hard" that's how i would sum up her interview, so this mean we have to buckle up for more fuckery?

Good thing she plays today cause this time it's much warmer(around 30 degrees) i.e courts would be little faster, if she would've played yesterday when courts were slower than clay because of unusual low temperature around 15 degrees, we would have witness horror show and double bagel from Fran
What "Old Habits Die Hard" Shifty?

I can't believe [I said that], and I'm afraid to ask?

What is she talking about (her exercises or her strokes)?

By the way, I have my own ideas on how Petra ended the season, and how she prepared for 2013, but I've been keeping it to myself.

SMH
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1934
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Note: Didn't read the article yet.

I don't know if this is true or another excuse (remember the asthma from Brisbane, and "I don't knows" coming from Petra in Sydney), but if so, sorry, I can't say I'm surprised.

What a clusterfuck Petra and her team are, continue to be.

I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully, she hit enough with different people (though she still needs a male hitting partner--as TennisAddict84 recently reiterated) at the Open, to where she can make some noise and immediate impact here. I hope she can/does!

PS: I just realized what you just said about Schiavone. Nah, I think Petra will beat her. Mind you, I didn't read the article, but I hope Petra didn't say the bad swing continues?

I figured she was just talking about past tournaments (excuses, excuses).
Nah, it's actually normal for athlete to sometimes suck while adjusting to new training\game, in her interview Petra said that new training gives here more ability fitness wise and skill wise this means better results in tennis, also improving mentally but she still tend to fall to old habits which mess up whole thing. I think she just needs to play bunch of matches to get used to new rhythm, practice can't solve this, only real competition because people under pressure tend to forget their training
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1935
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Nah, it's actually normal for athlete to sometimes suck while adjusting to new training\game, in her interview Petra said that new training gives here more ability fitness wise and skill wise this means better results in tennis, also improving mentally but she still tend to fall to old habits which mess up whole thing. I think she just needs to play bunch of matches to get used to new rhythm, practice can't solve this, only real competition because people under pressure tend to forget their training

Maybe Shifty.

However, I feel this is all result (if you actually believe Petra, remember she has many excuses) of Petra playing Fed Cup.

Since Petra was sick, she should have taken those full 2-3 weeks after Istanbul to heal and feel better. So that way, she wouldn't have to recover after Fed Cup. I think this set her back, possibly 1-3 wks (coming back early to practice/play Fed Cup, the week she played, and the extra week to recuperate, after she played).

Remember, Petra wasn't even healthy when she was practicing for Fed Cup.

And if Petra knew she was getting a new fitness person, she could have used that extra 1-3 weeks for 2013 preparation. As it is, it appears that Petra didn't have enough time, for her usual end of season training (fitness and tennis), and I think that's one of the reasons why she's suffering now; or did the past few weeks. You can even say the same for Extraliga (another week).

When you only have a little more than a month before the new season, an extra 1-3 weeks preparation really makes a difference.