Donna Vekic - Page 207 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3091
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Isn't the dress from the players party a bit much (or a bit not enough) for a girl her age? Maybe I'm just old-fashioned in more ways than one, but I wonder what's the image she's trying to portrait dressing like this. Of course, she shouldn't dress like a nun, but this seems like something you'd expect on a girl 5-6 years older. I know tennis is business and that sex sells, but Donna is still a minor and will remain to be one for quite some time.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #3092
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Isn't the dress from the players party a bit much (or a bit not enough) for a girl her age? Maybe I'm just old-fashioned in more ways than one, but I wonder what's the image she's trying to portrait dressing like this. Of course, she shouldn't dress like a nun, but this seems like something you'd expect on a girl 5-6 years older. I know tennis is business and that sex sells, but Donna is still a minor and will remain to be one for quite some time.
I agree... about her being a minor. Some people still don't even know she's 16.
They think she's in her 20s...

I just hope Donna doesn't get too distracted by the fame.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #3093
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the dress. Doesn't show off too much. Girls wear much less to school formals
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #3094
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:

But, still, dress has got a sleeves. It could have been much worse: without sleeves.
Actually, they are transparent but still sleeves. ... hahaha ...
And, yes, it would be much better vice versa...to change clothes with Majoli... hahaha
I don't mind anything actually...just kidding.

BTW...I wanted Sharapova to play with Donna. She will play with Petra in a second round...I hope
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #3095
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
from the players party

I know girls her age her dress much more sluttily than that
The make up looks very slavic though

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #3096
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Donna looks great, dress is very nice

Iva's face is just 2 much in this photo

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #3097
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
Iva's face is just 2 much in this photo
I actually had to look twice to make sure the lady next to Donna is Iva - her expresion is not one we're used to seeing...
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #3098
country flag crotennis2

crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light

It is not good to only concentrate on the player looks. In this she looks so badly, like a drag act, the dress is not too much the make up is from a child
crotennis2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #3099
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

OK, enough about Donna's looks. It's amazing that if she wins her next match, she'll be among the top 100 women tennis players in the world. Exactly two years ago she was playing a G3 junior event
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #3100
country flag ma re

Second match on C20 so as expectedly no cameras. But I'm actually surprised with the fact that while Dodig vs Wu is placed on C8 (one of the show courts, along with RLA, MCA, HA, C2, C3 and C6) the match between (27) Safarova and Lucic is placed on C22

Anyway, first both of our players on day 1 go out faster than you can say Rod Laver Arena, and now we don't get to see Donna's match... So Donna, there's no other way around this then to make it through to round two
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #3101
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
But I'm actually surprised with the fact that while Dodig vs Wu is placed on C8 (one of the show courts, along with RLA, MCA, HA, C2, C3 and C6) the match between (27) Safarova and Lucic is placed on C22
The AO has branded itself as "the Grand Slam of Asia/Pacific" so it shouldn't be surprising that they put Wu on a show court.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #3102
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be going for sure I don't know if I will watch all of it though because there are three other matches I want to see which are on at the same time But I'll do my best
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #3103
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I'll be going for sure I don't know if I will watch all of it though because there are three other matches I want to see which are on at the same time But I'll do my best
You mean there are three other matches you want to see as much as or more than Donna's?!?!

I'm curious: which ones are they?
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #3104
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Jovanovski, McHale, Safarova and Donna, along with Giorgi and Cirstea (who I both saw today) are my favourite players in the draw. And they're all on at the same time I'm so mad I'm definitely most interested in Donna's though because it's her Grand Slam debut
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #3105
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Guys from Croatia, see you on forum at 2:30 AM or you are going to sleep then?

I think I will make a 0.5 L of coffee and enjoy the early snowy morning
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread