2013 - 1/8 - Julia's Oceanic Swing - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #196
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia's Oceanic Swing 2013

Phewww, the scare. Hopefully she got her shit together when it mattered. Hope the great end of the match gives her confidence

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #197
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

I have no explanation why Julia's level has considerably dropped from last year (at least) but I guess the purpose is to win -- theoretically she should undo Oprandi with ease but I haven't been lucky with my predictions with Julia in this year of 2013.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #198
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

what was that?! almost lost against dushevina

well, a win is a win...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #199
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

In Linz Oprandi played pretty well, but Julia never gave up control of the match. I remember Oprandi getting quite pissed.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #200
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

I remember Jule won aggainst Oprandi last year at AO very convincingly!
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #201
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
I remember Jule won aggainst Oprandi last year at AO very convincingly!
3-6 6-3 6-1
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #202
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
3-6 6-3 6-1
The first set I obviously had forgotten
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #203
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Goerges@juliagoerges
Tough fight today...glad i found a way through that match...some
serious practice tmrw...but first a nice dinner with my team today...
Thanks for the great support out there today...helped me so much...i
appreciate it a lot...you were great out there guys.have a nice
evening
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #204
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

The good news is:

Ben Rothenberg@BenRothenberg
The first point of 2013 Australian Open was won by Julia Goerges,
forcing a forehand return error by Vera Dushevina. Here we go.
#AusOpen

Bad news is Julia won't win a lot more points if she continues to play like this and she's aware of it.

Quote:
"Ich bin nicht zufrieden. Ich bin relativ angespannt ins Match gegangen und war viel zu verkrampft. Es war wohl so ein typisches Erstrundenmatch, das man einfach irgendwie überstehen muss. Erst am Ende bin ich besser reingekommen und wurde belohnt", sagte Görges, und dann: "Oprandi wird in der nächsten Runde eine harte Aufgabe, da muss ich ein bis zwei Schippen, drauflegen. Ich hoffe aber, dass es gut für mich laufen wird." (Eurosport.de)
I'm not satisfied. I went relatively tight into the match and was way too uptight. Obviously it was a typical 1st round match which you have simply to survive somehow. Only at the end I came better into the match and was rewarded. Oprandi will be a hard task next round, there I have to step up one, two levels. But I hope things will go right for me.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #205
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Good fight from Julia at least
return is a mess still it seems, even Dushevina is serve GOAT against Julia here and there, but well, she wont it and Dushevina was top 50 before so definitely not one of those random ITF girls although the match wasn´t great for sure.
Hope she gets more confident with a few wins here , Oprandi has to be beatable as well!
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #206
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

I think her current return problem is partly mental. When she had to at 5-4* in the final set, she all of a sudden was able to boss it like it was nothing.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #207
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Not a scoreline that give you confidence but at least a win

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #208
country flag KatjaS

Playing mixed doubles with Nestor. I can't believe this.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #209
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Julia into AO R2 !

To be honest Julia played horrible for most part of match, especially in 2nd set. But she fought hard and won the important points. You could see she completely lacks confidence right now. No comment about her backhand. Julia`s backhand must be the worst in Top 100, absolutely disastrous UEs. I have no words. The Julia`s backhand vs Dushevina`s forehand rallies were laughable. Thank God Julia still has her serve and forehand. lol I really liked Julia`s honest words about the weak match, the critical words about her performance. Julia is so much better than Oprandi - but sadly out of form. Like Julia said if she doesn`t improve significantly she will crash out in R2.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #210
country flag KatjaS

R3. Pretty straightforward. Someone should gif that slice backhand down the line winner to preserve it for eternity.