Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #61
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
She wouldn't lose this time. Even though Sorana is a mess I can't recall her throwing in such an epic stinker twice to the same opponent.
We all know Sorana was tanking to give Karatancheva the 'thunderous' comeback she promised.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #62
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

6-4 6-2

I have to admit, this was really a good match from Sorana. She loves playing girls who feed her with pace and she showed it once again today.

Corinna was the better player at the beginning, but Sorana hang in there and took all the chances she got. Well done!

R2 against Kristyna Pliskova.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #63
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Won 4 & 2! Glad she got the win , pretty easy. Keep going, Sori!
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #64
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sorana was playing like I've always know that she can do: smart. If she keep that way Li will have a hard day in a 3'rd round.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #65
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Congrats, Sori
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #66
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

The first set wasn't that great, to be honest, and she has to do something about that first serve
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #67
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Sorana was playing like I've always know that she can do: smart. If she keep that way Li will have a hard day in a 3'rd round.
Yep, serving to Vandeweghe's backhand on BP always paid off today.

Sorana doesn't have to become a mastermind of the tennis sport, but even if she stays more or less one dimensional, she should play up to the weak spots of her opponents like in this match.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #68
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Welldone Sori. She managed to hold the important serve games. She needs to improve her 1st serve though
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #69
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Sorana!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #70
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Great, just such a relief to see she is thru. Confidence can grow now from this
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #71
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yep, serving to Vandeweghe's backhand on BP always paid off today.

Sorana doesn't have to become a mastermind of the tennis sport, but even if she stays more or less one dimensional, she should play up to the weak spots of her opponents like in this match.
Isn't only this. She showed more patience waiting the right moment to hit decisively the ball, not ball bashing every ball who came to her. Look to her status: 18 winners (no aces) and 17 UE. I don't remember many matches in witch she had the number of winners greater than the number or UE's.

Also I like the way she played many balls on "contre-pied" - another great decision highly paid off against a big but slow opponent.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #72
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Sori won 1-6 6-3 6-2 great comeback after losing the 1st set badly

R3 against (6)Na Li, who has been quite meh since the beginning of the tournament.

Points from last year defended anyways.
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #73
country flag Curcubeu

Why the fuck does she always need one set to wake up? That was another one of those 'I hit on everything I can in the first set
matches' and use my brain afterwards.

Completely unnecessary, but glad she got it done in the end.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #74
country flag grs

I'm pretty sure that the first set has been played by Sorana in full ballbasher mode.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #75
country flag grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Na Li (CHN) [6] vs. Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ)
Pauline Parmentier (FRA) vs. Olga Govortsova (BLR)
Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) vs. Sacha Jones (AUS)
Coco Vandeweghe (USA) vs. Sorana Cirstea (ROU) [27]

Julia Goerges (GER) [18] vs. Qualifier
Romina Oprandi (SUI) vs. Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL)
Yuxuan Zhang (CHN) vs. Jie Zheng (CHN)
Kai-Chen Chang (TPE) vs. Samantha Stosur (AUS) [9]

All that section is very good for an in-form Sorana.
Now, we've come to that

Na Li (CHN) [6] vs. Sorana Cirstea (ROU) [27]
Julia Goerges (GER) [18] vs. Jie Zheng (CHN)

It's not impossible. Haide Sorana!