Womens Tennis in General - Page 329 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #4921
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yes, but 6-1/6-1?
Also she only hit 2 winners in the 1st set and 8 winners in the 2nd set. When I saw the score I guessed she must have made a bucketload of UEs. But I was shocked to see those stats showing Kvitty hitting so few winners and particularly only 2 in the 1st set. Her game you'd expect to see loads of winners and maybe tons of UEs.

Has she ever made so few winners before.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #4922
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Also she only hit 2 winners in the 1st set and 8 winners in the 2nd set. When I saw the score I guessed she must have made a bucketload of UEs. But I was shocked to see those stats showing Kvitty hitting so few winners and particularly only 2 in the 1st set. Her game you'd expect to see loads of winners and maybe tons of UEs.

Has she ever made so few winners before.
Probably not. But you can't make many winners in a match that's over so quickly and where you end up winning just two games.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #4923
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Julia G. - Sveta 6-3, 0-0...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #4924
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Sveta wins 2. set 6-3.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #4925
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Exactly. The fact that she lost is not shocking but the score certainly is.

Not being a fan it is easy to say this but I still believe that Petra will be back in the top five and a threat at the slams. She is streaky but when she is "on" her game is very formidable. Petra has all of the pieces but they have just become a bit jumbled up. Once she puts them all back together I think she will be fine. It is a common criticism but we haven't even seen what a fit Petra is capable of. If she gets herself in better shape she could be even better than she was when she nearly rose to number one.
Well, she is very up-and-down, so this could be just the 'down' time for her. She's not played at her best for a while so I guess she is under a lot of pressure right now. AO will be a good test of where she's at with her game,confidence etc.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #4926
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

So,what's your take on Caro vs Sveta upcoming match? I think Caro should win this, Sveta has not been playing well lately and doesn't seem to be a threat.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4927
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she avoided Julia, Caro should beat Sveta. She's had a day off and she has won their last 4 meetings. That said, Sveta is really unpredictable, she may be scrapping through but she can beat the top players when her game clicks. Hopefully tonight the trend continues and Woz makes it 6-2 in their H2H.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #4928
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur loses to Zheng, her fifth loss in a row after Caro beat her in Moscow. Apparently losing that final casts a long shadow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I think Caro should win this, Sveta has not been playing well lately and doesn't seem to be a threat.
It would be more correct to say that Sveta hasn't played lately, period. This is her first tournament since Wimbledon due to a right knee injury.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Jan 7th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #4929
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Caro should win this. Sveta at her best can beat anyone, but she hasn't been at her best in years. Plus she already has three matches to qualify for the tournament proper and the long-ish Goerges match in her legs. If it turns out to be a long match, which is likely, I think Caro's fitness may be the deciding factor, especially in that heat. That plus the fact that Sveta is a headcase and the confidence that Wozzy must have going in based on their h2h record.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #4930

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, Safarova got a 2 & 1 beatdown by 17 yo Madison Keys! She's a teenager I havent payed much attention to yet, but she's ranked #135 right now so we might see her as a GS regular already from FO13.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #4931

Wow, Aga double bagelled Domi in Sydney final!

Aga seems to be on a roll, 9-0, winning her first two tournaments of the year. She also has a good draw for AO, avoiding Vika in her half. She's scheduled for QF with Li Na whom she just beat in Sydney. SF should be a slightly innjured Sharapova or Kerber whom she gave a double breadstick in Tokyo. Pretty good chances for her second GS final.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Jan 11th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #4932
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ I haven't seen any of her matches this year, but personally I'm thrilled someone who isn't just hitting the ball as hard as possible, is doing so well. Go AGA Go

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #4933
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Sydney final and really enjoyed watching Aga. She's got off to a flier winning her first two tournaments of the year. Although of course we know that she hasn't had the big 3 in those tournaments.

But the match was really all about the balls always coming back and Aga getting them back well. Just relentless pressure on Domi (who played way better than the scoreline suggests) to play shot after shot after she would have won the point against her earlier opponents. And the mental pressure just built up. The last 2 games of the match - Domi did play really bad and looked bewildered and crushed. Domi had a towel over her head after the match and it looked like she was crying. But she actually had a great tournament.

One thing I'll never get tired of watching is when Aga plays drop shot followed by lob. Not this match - but I love seeing her drop shot, lob, and drop shot again - it's just cruel.

But this match was the sort of match if you see just a few highlights - chances are you you might see a lot of great points that Domi wins. But then it keeps fast forwarding and you see Aga has won the games. And the score just seem totally at odds with the points you see in a few highlights.

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #4934
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

15 winners, 36 unforced errors is still a pretty bad match.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4935
country flag terjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
15 winners, 36 unforced errors is still a pretty bad match.
OK - but until the end - most of those UEs came after a long rally she'd have already won the point against her earlier opponents And I'm sure that her EUs rocked up in the last 2 games of the match where the whole pressure got too much for her and they really were awful games. And again - some of her shots would have been winners against earlier opponents.

Domi was quite simply up against an opponent who was a level up better than her previous opponents.