Scotland striker tweets racist rant - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #46
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Europe rocked by racism

Where's race baiter Barbie Girl to weigh in?
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #47
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: European football rocked by racism

kwilliams, as others have mentioned this poster has history not of being anti-european but very american. opointing out how much europe sucks in comprison serves just one purpose, showing that america is great and that americans who complain should stfu.

i don't think football crowds reflect wider society properly. sure, if racism didn't exist at all it wouldn't exist in football either but because of the football culture in europe you will find way too many twats thee.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #48
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
kwilliams, as others have mentioned this poster has history not of being anti-european but very american. opointing out how much europe sucks in comprison serves just one purpose, showing that america is great and that americans who complain should stfu.

i don't think football crowds reflect wider society properly. sure, if racism didn't exist at all it wouldn't exist in football either but because of the football culture in europe you will find way too many twats thee.
I too pointed this out about williamsser, but it does disqualify the susbtance of this thread.
This seems to tbe only point you want to make, avoiding the main topic of the thread.

But I do understand. You,Cajka a couple of other Europeans have been dismissive of this issue. (Re: racial incident in Belgrade during the under-21 football match between Serbia and England).
From the contemptuous and lazy answer "you don't know what you are talking", "don't believe what you read in news reports", to admiting the problem exisit but quickly blaming it exclusively on the under class, minorities or poor; or the usual throw away defense , BBC News, Belgrade

Quote:
17 October 2012 Last updated at 09:41 ET
Serbian football's latest embarrassment

By Guy Delauney BBC News, Belgrade

Assistant coach Dejan Govedarica tries to keep the opposing players apart following the Under-21 match between Serbia and England
"there is racist in every country", aka "everybody does it defense"

Serbia's football team is only six years old, but the on-pitch scuffles and alleged racist chanting at its Under-21 home defeat to England on Tuesday is only its latest embarrassment.

In that short period it has attracted an unenviable collection of negative headlines.
At the European Under-21 Championship in 2007, officials from the regional governing body Uefa had to address Serbian fans during their team's match against England.
They appealed for a halt to racist chants which appeared to be aimed at England defender Nedum Onuoha.

Two years ago the senior team's European Championship qualifying match in Italy came to a chaotic end after just seven minutes.
Serbian fans had been throwing flares both into the stands and on to the pitch and, fearful for the safety of the players, the referee abandoned the match.
Certain fan groups had organised the disruption as a protest against Serbia's goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.

The former Red Star player had just joined Belgrade's other big side, Partizan - and his punishment for this supposed betrayal was to be hit by at least one firework from the crowd.

It was a shameful incident, and the Serbian football association's protests against Uefa's decision to award Italy a 3-0 victory only added to the embarrassment.

'Hellgrade'

The two incidents helped to form a caricature of Serbia as the bad boys of European football. Indeed some supporters' groups appear revel in the image.
Partizan's main fan organisation is called The Gravediggers and welcomes visiting supporters to "Hellgrade".
But many Serbians are deeply embarrassed by such behaviour.

They feel their country has been on the receiving end of quite enough negative PR during the Balkan conflicts of the 1990s, and would dearly like to portray a different image.
They were hoping Tuesday's match in Krusevac would proceed without any off-the-pitch incidents.

England players complained of racist abuse during their match against Serbia

But some England players reported hearing abusive chants as early as the pre-match warm-up. And the mood worsened when Conor Wickham scored the injury-time goal which confirmed Serbia's elimination from the competition.
England defender Danny Rose reacted to alleged racist chants from the crowd - first by kicking a ball into a group of Serbian supporters (for which he received a second yellow card), then by making "monkey" gestures himself.

When members of Serbia's coaching staff got involved with physical confrontations with their England counterparts, it put the bitter icing on a particularly unpalatable cake.

The former England captain Paul Ince said he wanted Serbia to be banned from international competition - a demand echoed by the chairman of the Professional Footballers Association, Clarke Carlisle.

Prime Minister David Cameron called for "tough sanctions" if allegations of racism were proved.

EU ambitions
But there has been anguish in Serbia as well. Popular tabloid Blic has put footage of the chaos on its website under the headline: "Serbian Shame: See Racist Riot In Krusevac!"

Radio station B92 called the events a "scandal".
Other recent events in Serbia have painted a picture of a country that has been too tolerant of extremist groups.

This month's proposed gay pride march in Belgrade was banned by the authorities after ultra-nationalist movements threatened participants.
Prime Minister Ivica Dacic called the cancellation "a victory for Serbia". Human rights groups said the government had caved in to hooligans.

Other minority groups within the country have faced discrimination.
The football violence on Tuesday coincided with the release of an Amnesty International report asking the government to stop the regular forced evictions of Roma communities.

None of this is helping Serbia's long-standing aim of joining the European Union.
Relations with Kosovo have long been seen as the main stumbling block to membership, but members of the European Parliament have already expressed their dismay at the gay pride ban - and the events in the Krusevac stadium will have added to their concerns.

They will not be the only people hoping that the Serbian authorities take action - after six years of havoc in football stadiums at home and abroad

source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19975880

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 10th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #49
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Europe:

'Murica:

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #50
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I too pointed this out about williamsser, but it does disqualify the susbtance of this thread.
This seems to tbe only point you want to make, avoiding the main topic of the thread.

But I do understand. You,Cajka a couple of other Europeans have been dismissive of this issue. (Re: racial incident in Belgrade during the under-21 football match between Serbia and England).
From the contemptuous and lazy answer "you don't know what you are talking", "don't believe what you read in news reports", to admiting the problem exisit but quickly blaming it exclusively on the under class, minorities or poor; or the usual throw away defense , BBC News, Belgrade
lol at Hellgrade, I like it. Though it's funny how racism during football matches almost only occurs here when we play England.
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #51
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

lmao, get off your high horse since you really don't know what you are talking about. there is a reason some people are dismissive about what you say. i am travelling and can't be bothered to reply in detail. nor should i know why i should.

except for one detail. i have never blamed minorities for anything. unless you count what i said about african americans seeing racism worldwide based on their own experience. which is hardly blaming anyone.

and please don't tell me you are shocked footbal hooligans (or fans in general for that matter) are proud to call their city or stadium hell for their opponents.

oh, and the main point of this thread is america über alles and i addressed it.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #52
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lazy answers? You got detailed responds from us. If you don't want to believe me or other posters who live here, feel free to believe in whatever you want. Or take an eurotrip and then speak based on your own experience if you think that I'm trying to sugercoat the reality. Because I don't need to, I'm perfectly aware of all unsolved issues here, but rampant racism isn't one of them. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's not. It's obviously a disappointment for you since you can't accept that Hellgrade is not a dangerous place for black people. I can't understand why you're constantly trying to prove something that is not true.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #53
country flag azdaja

i also don't quite understand why cajka and me were singled out here when pretty much all europeans here dismissed a meanungful connection between racism in football and wider society. go through this thread from page 1 and you will see. there is a connection between problems in football and problems with extremist groups and we could ask why such things are possible but that's a different question.

Last edited by azdaja : Jan 10th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #54
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i also don't quite understand why cajka and me were singled out
the others just dismissed that bs, we were the fools who gave him long and detailed responds that were never appreciated, he wasn't even bothered to try to understand what we were talking about, he was even rude enough to accuse me of being disrespectful towards Americans, which is a complete non-sense. He never tried to have a normal conversation, only drama, drama, drama, controversial discussions and I can't with him. He won, we all hate black people here, we're vile and aggressive animals, cannibals, he's right, so I'm done with this really.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #55
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

Racism clearly remains a problem in football, though its level varies widely from place to place. For example overt large scale racism was common in English grounds thirty years ago...now incidents tend to be far smaller scale and to be taken much more seriously by authorites. But incident like the John Terry case, which involved the then England captain in racist behaviour, highlight there is still much work to be done even in England.

Its simple really, whatever the country, we must take racism seriously, have tough punishment for fans,clubs and countries which fail to address the issue with zero tolerance.

How much racism in football reflcts a wider problem in society is more complex...as others have pointed out behaviour in other popular sports has often been very different.

For all its problems football for me is the greatest sport on earth. But we can never afford to pretend this problem doesnt exist.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #56
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scotland striker tweets racist rant

Danilo sentenced to prison for racism

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-abuse?cc=5901

Udinese defender Danilo has been found guilty of racist abuse and been sentenced to a year in prison by a court in Brazil.

Danilo, 28, was on trial after being caught by a television camera spitting in the face of Atletico Paranaense player Manoel and calling him "macaco" - monkey in the Portuguese language - when playing for Palmeiras in 2010.

He later publicly admitted that he offended and spat at the opponent who reported the matter to a local police station immediately after the game.

Last edited by Williamsser : Jan 12th, 2013 at 12:03 PM.
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #57
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Samba says racism is killing football

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/christo...0568--sow.html

Anzhi Makhachkala defender Christopher Samba has claimed that the issue of racism is "killing the game".

The Congolese defender moved to the Dagestan club in January 2012, and found himself the victim of prejudiced chanting from the stands in Russia.

AC Milan star Kevin-Prince Boateng recently walked out on a match after being greeted with monkey chants, and Samba feels the Ghanaian was right to do so.

"Some Zenit St Petersburg fans have made bad statements about not wanting black players in their team, and I was a victim of the racist incident at Lokomotiv Moscow," he told The Guardian. "I admire [Boateng's] club and teammates who supported him, but those chants were disgraceful; it is sad to see this – it is killing the game.

"It is very difficult for players to know what to do. Playing on shows strength in a way, but it can also seem like we are avoiding the problem."
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #58
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Scotland striker tweets racist rant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ist-tweet.html

Anti-racism campaigners called on the authorities to punish controversial Hibs and Scotland striker Leigh Griffiths after he sent a racist tweet to one of his Twitter followers.

The SPL's joint leading goalscorer is being investigated by Lothian and Borders Police and the SFA - and faces separate disciplinary action from his club - after a heated exchange with one of the 13,000 Twitter users who follow him on the social network site.

Griffiths is understood to have told Livingston-based tweeter Zak Iqbal to: 'F*** off back to your own country ya clown' during a heated exchange on Thursday night.

The 22-year-old striker, whose loan deal at Hibs from English Championship side Wolves looks likely to be extended until the summer, later apologised and deleted the message before closing his account.

But Show Racism the Red Card last night described his comment as 'totally unacceptable' and challenged Hibs, the SFA and the police to dish out appropriate punishments.

A spokesman said: 'Show Racism the Red Card is saddened by Hibernian FC player Leigh Griffiths' tweet to one of his followers.

'We wish to see a Scotland free of racism and condemn all incidence of racism across social networking sites, in football and wider society.

'Online racism is as serious and damaging as face-to-face racism and the comments made by Mr Griffiths were totally unacceptable. We feel the negative reaction to these tweets are indicative that the majority of people in Scotland are in agreement with us.

'Mr Griffiths appears to have realised the grave error he made and apologised to Mr Iqbal and the general public.

'He'll now face possible punishment by his club and the Scottish football authorities. We hope the matter can be dealt with swiftly by the relevant authorities.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #59
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Football is a disgusting sport.
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #60
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

At least football's powers that be are at least making noise about racism being wrong.

As opposed to trying to roll back voting rights, as in the U.S. Or refusing to admit anything happened, like IW.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote