2013 NHL Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #16
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 NHL Thread

First Pens match is vs the Flyers At least it'll be out of the way early. The playoff debacle still upsets me I hope we will come out of it injury free & no suspensions this time
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #17
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for the season to begin!! Go Preds and Jets!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #18
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

Pens def Flyers 3-1 away from home
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #19
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Winnipeg lost 4-1...

Preds up on the Blue Jackets!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM   #20
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Pens 6-3 over NYR Solid start to the season.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM   #21
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Rangers

They started slow last season so Im not worried just yet.

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:52 AM   #22
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

flames two in a row
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #23
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

5 match win streak for the Pens

Blackhawks are the only unbeaten team in the league so far
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #24
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

All time goals by European

1. Jaromir Jagr 668
2. Teemu Selänne 667
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #25
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

flames 1-5 canucks

only thing worse than the flames losing is the canucks winning
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #26
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Blue Jackets name Jarmo Kekalainen General Manager

COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with Jarmo Kekalainen to serve as the club’s general manager, Blue Jackets President of Hockey Operations John Davidson announced today. Kekalainen, who has been the president and general manager of Jokerit in the Finnish Elite League since 2010, becomes the third general manager in Blue Jackets history.

“Hockey is a truly global game and there are very few people whose knowledge of the game in North America and abroad surpasses that of Jarmo Kekalainen,” said Davidson. “He is intelligent, hard-working and a tremendous evaluator of talent. He is a terrific addition to the Blue Jackets family and will play an important role in our efforts to move our organization forward in the coming years.”

Kekalainen (pronounced kehk-uh-LIE-nehn) spent eight seasons with the St. Louis Blues from 2002-10 before joining Jokerit. He most recently served as the club’s assistant general manager and director of amateur scouting and was involved in all facets of hockey operations, including professional scouting efforts and overseeing the club’s amateur scouting and draft preparations. During his eight years in St. Louis, the Blues drafted players such as David Backes, Roman Polak, David Perron, T.J. Oshie, Patrick Berglund and Alex Pietrangelo.

“I am very grateful to the McConnell family, John Davidson and the Blue Jackets organization for this opportunity and am looking forward to getting started,” said Kekalainen. “We have a great challenge before us, but I am confident through hard work, organization and commitment that we will achieve our goal of building a Stanley Cup contending team.”
----------

First ever Euro-GM in hockey (but I guess in all of Big 4?)
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #27
country flag NoppaNoppa

Some thoughts of what he managed in his three years stint as Jokerit GM. And how. Today we sit on top of the table with 9 point lead (ground series ends in circa 10 games, so all but certain to clinch home advantage). When he took over we were howering around 10 in 14 team league with clueless management. Buying new team every year and hoping it works

Jarmo analyzed situation and built core and gave long (2+ years is long here) contracts to those he wanted to build around. Key signings being those of G- Eero Kilpeläinen D- Ossi Väänänen F- Ilari Filppula, who all would probably gotten bigger $ from KHL, but security of 3-4 year contract and being core of the new team helped to get them. (Ossi and Ilari being in Jokerit as juniors didn´t hurt). Around those, again with long (2 or 3 year) contracts he found players with heart, soul and grit. Plus some with none of those. Mainly own juniors that had had it too easy. Not anymore, as our junior system is now re-built with one goal and one goal only. Developing a professional hockey player.

Without going to player details except 3 mensioned. One "Moneyball" aspect seems to repeat itself in Jarmos prefered list. Good in faceoffs. Last season we had 3 of top 4 faceoff men. This season couple got hurt and immediate rescue comes some noname with faceoff win% of 57.

If that pattern holds as NHL GM. Then I say his first trade is to get Jussi Jokinen to CBJ. Why? Low market value after poor season start and yet he is still winning 57% of faceoffs
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #28
country flag NoppaNoppa

St. Louis Blues draft 2007

Circa 30 minute inside of what drafting is all about. Short story of Ian Cole and why Jarmo wanted to trade up from 24 to 18 to get him.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #29
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

How do you like that comeback Bruins??

Six game win streak for the Pens, 9pt lead in the Atlantic Shocking that the Pens only gave up two goals in this game & not their usual 4-6
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #30
country flag NoppaNoppa

Glad that this got bumped

I didn´t dare to continue my monologue on a weekly basis

Month without a single post. Means that those cavemen aren´t acting like such

100s of games. Very few questionable hits = No media coverage outside of hockey world

Moment of the season for me so far (apart from jawdropping 291212 Karlsson show in Jokerit-HIFK match, that can be relived Part 1 Part 2)

Saw this on livestream. Thought process went about this. Why is he pointing his stick on top of puck? Not correctly placed? Seen that in soccer. Looks at ref... All ok. WTF? Wait, what...