Donna Vekic - Page 206 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #3076
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Not a bad draw. Donna will have to play well, though, as Hlavackova is no pushover--she's a solid top-100 player.

Good luck, Donna!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #3077
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Great draw! Andrea is for sure the favourite but she's very up and down. She reached the fourth round of the US Open and is one of the best doubles players in the world. However her singles results since the US Open have been very poor.

It won't be televised but I'll be there so I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #3078
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Winnable match against Wozniacki, especially if Caroline plays like she did in Brisbane (she was woeful). Didn't see her loss in Sydney.
What planet do you live on
Winnable Round 1 due to Hlavackova's form but I am sorry, but the last time Caro lost to someone with like 3 Top 100 wins must have been 5 years ago

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #3079
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Winnable Round 1 due to Hlavackova's form but I am sorry, but the last time Caro lost to someone with like 3 Top 100 wins must have been 5 years ago
Wozniacki's not getting to Rd. 2 anyways.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #3080
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Did you see how Wozniacki played Round 1 in Brisbane? She was woeful.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #3081
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Guys let's focus on her first round It's a good draw but there's no guarantee she'll win. She'll have to play well
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #3082
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

This is a rock-solid opposition in R1 and Donna will have to be at 100% if she is to win it. Sure, the draw could've been much worse, but don't be surprised if this turns into a nailbiter.

Hlavackova is not very consistent, that's true, but it's also true that she usually plays very well in Mandatories. Case in point last year in Melbourne she qualified and took a set off Petrova. Also, in Madrid she reached R2 from qualies then lost to Vika, in Wimbledon she lost to Clijsters in R2, while as mentioned earlier, she made R4 in NY by beating Zakopalova, Voskoboeva and Kirilenko, before going out to Serena. Experience is on her side of course, she is no stranger to wins against top 50 opponents, and not to mention that she can utilize her doubles skills and hurt Donna seriously with some of them. She is known to play agressive tennis and therefore is prone to errrors, but when she is on, she is really dangerous. Donna will have to be very tough on the mental side as well, cause she'll be playing a doubles grand slam champion and Olympic medalist.

Too bad we (most probably) won't get to see it.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #3083
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Donna!!!
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #3084
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

With this draw Donna at least shouldn't have a problem with motivation, cause on top of a chance for 100 points and a nice paycheck, there's also a chance to face her favorite player (Wozniacki) in R2.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #3085
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's more likely she'll face Lisicki in R2.

But she needs to win her R1 match before, and it's not given. Baby steps.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #3086
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
With this draw Donna at least shouldn't have a problem with motivation, cause on top of a chance for 100 points and a nice paycheck, there's also a chance to face her favorite player (Wozniacki) in R2.
i really doubt Wozniacki is still her favorite player. She said that when Wozniacki was #1, I guess she was just young and amazed.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #3087
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Wozniacki her fave.

Last edited by JarkaFish : Jan 11th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3088
BlueTrees

Donna will play on Tuesday by the way
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #3089
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

from the players party

TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3090
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Donna will play on Tuesday by the way
I can't wait!