Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #556
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

Looks like Tereza is just 3-4 spots away from Melbourne qualies, but I doubt she'll risk a costly trip on a vague chance...
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #557
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

She is in, couple days ago...
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #558
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
She is in, couple days ago...
Where did you find the info? Folks at the AO thread of this forum say she's 92nd on the q-list (88 get in directly) and the info was last updated yesterday, so unless they messed up something...
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #559
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Read carefully forum
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...472175&page=13
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #560
country flag ma re

Thanks! Yeah, sometimes you really have to read EVERY page carefully.

It'll be interesting to see if we get something better from the qualies this year, although if she would repeat Lucic's QR2 from 2012 it would still be nice.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #561
country flag ma re

Tereza's draw in Melbourne:

(3)Greta Arn (HUN) v Akiko Omae (JPN)
(wc)Storm Sanders (AUS) v Yuliya Beygelzimer (UKR)
Irina Khromacheva (RUS) v Tereza Mrdeza (CRO)
Julia Glushko (ISR) v (23)Mariana Duque-Marino (COL)

Khromancheva is just 17 years old and ranked around 190, which would make it seem as if she is a great draw for Tereza, given that she is more experienced but...

- former junior #1
- 3 doubles junior grand slam titles (plus 2 doubles and one singles final)
- 3 ITF titles (of which one 25k; straight sets vs Puig)
- a lefty

nuff said. Good luck Tereza
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #562
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Q1 Tereza d. Khromacheva 6-3 5-7 6-0 (though apparently Khromacheva was injured)

Next round, Julia Glushko.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #563
country flag ma re

Great job Tereza

Even if injured, Khromancheva was still a tough player to beat and I'm not surprised it went to three. Glushko will probably not be as tough of an opponent, but you never know. She played just one match this year, against Zaniewska in the qualies of Auckland, and lost (Zaniewska also failed to qualify there later on). Her QR1 in Melbourne does't speak of good form either. But when she is on, she can be a dangerous opponent, which was seen in last year's USO. There she qualified by defeating M. Domachowska, L. Davis and S. Zheng before losing to Wickmayer, but not before she put on a decent fight (5-7 in the 1st set).

So it'll be a challenge for Tereza. They've never played eachother, are virtually the same age, but one piece of info might be important - that Tereza in her career earned some 20 wins less, but that she also lost some 50 matches less than Glushko. Since she is just a year younger it could be indicative.

Congrats on your 40 points T and good luck in the next round
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #564
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Tereza Did not expect this!

If she wins against Glushko she should be back in top 200!
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #565
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Fantastic news! Tereza really needed this win, both for her confidence and for the points.

I believe she had lost 7 of her last 8 singles matches. It's much too soon to say that her slump is over, but given that a GS QR1 win is worth 40 points, this should go a long way toward easing the sting of all those losses.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #566
country flag ma re

40 points is the same amount she won in the first two and a half months of 2012. If she were to win another match, she'd also clear the rest of March, and by qualifying she'd be safe until around May i.e. French Open cut-off. That's when the biggest chunk of her point defense comes up - 4 tournaments in which she won altogether 107 points, but last year she didn't play RG+W unlike what she'll probably do this year, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #567

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Ajmo Tereza!

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #568

She's through final Q round after her 0-6 6-4 6-3 win over Glushko

Final round against (3)Arn, who is in good form. Will be tough. Ajmo!

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #569
country flag ma re

What a result, such a shame we couldn't see this; congrats Tereza! I expected a win here, as well as a tough match and it all came true. A really wonderful result for Tereza, as to come back after a bagel in a grand slam match is no small feat. Even with the first win she made this event most successful for her ever in terms of points, so with this it just gets better. Next round will be close to mission impossible, but who knows, we might be in for a surprise. There are some really nice spots in the main draw for about half a dozen qualifiers, so hopefully that'll give Tereza some extra motivation.

Good luck girl!

P. S. A really cool photo of her on the Croatian tennis Facebook group!
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #570
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Won after horrible first set

She will be back in top 200
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote