New Big West - 2012-13 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #91
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

St. Mary's Invitational

Iveta Masarova (Pacific) def. #88 Katherine Isip (SMC) 6-1,6-2


Consolation

Louise Oxnevad (Cal Poly) def. #88 Katherine Isip (SMC) 7-6,6-4 in semi-finals.

Grace Ysidora (Washington) def. Oxnevad (Cal Poly) 3-6,7-5,1-0 in the finals.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #92
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
ITA Regionals

Here's the draw for the ITA Regionals.

singles

doubles

After making her rounds in the Big West, Kristine Kouyoumjian resurfaced at LMU.

I guess LMU will take on any transfer.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #93
country flag fantic
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,073
fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Both LBSU and UCI's freshmen seems to be pretty good.

And gouci, do tell them to include Stadfelt on UCI's roster, she just beat Willems 5,6 or something.

And from LBSU website;

'Freshman Eva Rodriguez represented the 49ers in the singles main draw, and pushed a seeded opponent in (16) Lorraine Guillemo of Pepperdine in the Round of 32, but ultimately fell 7-6, 6-2 after pushing the tiebreaker to 10-8.'

Eva was VERY impressive, but she lost to Kim
__________________
my tennis blog
my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Oct 20th, 2012 at 03:21 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #94
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: ITA Regionals

Long Beach St. results

Tory Parravi (LMU) def. Karolina Rozenberg (Long Beach State) 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) def. Klaudia Malenovska (Long Beach State) 6-4, 6-1
Susan McRann (Arizona) def. Ebba Unden (Long Beach State) 7-6 (7-3), 6-1
Katarina Poljakova (Hawaii) def. Sarah Cantlay (Long Beach State) 6-0, 6-1
#79 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Anne-Sophie Willems (Long Beach State) 6-0, 6-0
Reka Rohonyi (LMU) def. Anna Jeczmionka (Long Beach State) 4-6, 6-4, 6-3

Kim Stubbe (Arizona) def. Eva Rodriguez (Long Beach State) 7-6 (10-8), 6-2
Alicia Aguilar (San Diego State) def. Ebba Unden (Long Beach State) 4-6, 6-4, 10-8
Leighann Sahagun (Arizona State) def. Sarah Cantlay (Long Beach State) 7-5, 6-3
Sarah Stadfelt (UC Irvine) def. Anne-Sophie Willems (Long Beach State) 7-5, 7-6 (7-3)
Prisila Garcia (UC Santa Barbara) def. Anna Jeczmionka (Long Beach State) 7-6 (10-8), 6-2

- I didn't include meaningless wins over walk-ons or bench players above where LBS did beat 4 in that category.

- Long Beach St. essentially went 0-11 against meaningful singles competition in the first two days of ITA regionals.

How the mighty have fallen in the NEW BIG WEST!


What's also funny is that Anne-Sophie Willems has taken down her YouTube video maybe so opponents can't analyze her game. But as bad as she's playing, double bageled in the 1st round, you don't need any scouting to beat her.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #95
country flag fantic
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,073
fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ITA Regionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Long Beach St. results

Tory Parravi (LMU) def. Karolina Rozenberg (Long Beach State) 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) def. Klaudia Malenovska (Long Beach State) 6-4, 6-1
Susan McRann (Arizona) def. Ebba Unden (Long Beach State) 7-6 (7-3), 6-1
Katarina Poljakova (Hawaii) def. Sarah Cantlay (Long Beach State) 6-0, 6-1
#79 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Anne-Sophie Willems (Long Beach State) 6-0, 6-0
Reka Rohonyi (LMU) def. Anna Jeczmionka (Long Beach State) 4-6, 6-4, 6-3

Kim Stubbe (Arizona) def. Eva Rodriguez (Long Beach State) 7-6 (10-8), 6-2
Alicia Aguilar (San Diego State) def. Ebba Unden (Long Beach State) 4-6, 6-4, 10-8
Leighann Sahagun (Arizona State) def. Sarah Cantlay (Long Beach State) 7-5, 6-3
Sarah Stadfelt (UC Irvine) def. Anne-Sophie Willems (Long Beach State) 7-5, 7-6 (7-3)
Prisila Garcia (UC Santa Barbara) def. Anna Jeczmionka (Long Beach State) 7-6 (10-8), 6-2

- I didn't include meaningless wins over walk-ons or bench players above where LBS did beat 4 in that category.

- Long Beach St. essentially went 0-11 against meaningful singles competition in the first two days of ITA regionals.

How the mighty have fallen in the NEW BIG WEST!


What's also funny is that Anne-Sophie Willems has taken down her YouTube video maybe so opponents can't analyze her game. But as bad as she's playing, double bageled in the 1st round, you don't need any scouting to beat her.
Stop taunting

I would say Eva Rodriguez was the most impressive among ALL the players of LBSU and UCI.
And you forget that LBSU has 2 dbls teams still competing (while UCI has one)

Rozenberg is still alive in Consolation, as is Stadfelt.
__________________
my tennis blog
my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Oct 20th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #96
country flag fantic
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,073
fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

LBSU (Rosenberg/Unden?) def. ASU to advance to the semifinal.
__________________
my tennis blog
my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #97
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Long Beach St.

On her TRN profile it says 4 star Hayley Thompson has signed a L.O.I. with Long Beach St. Although I haven't seen a release by Long Beach St. yet saying so. Maybe LBS doesn't want people to know they're allowed to take Americans too.

Here's Thompson's recruiting video.

Watch it now before it gets taken down like Anne Sophie Willem's video did after I posted it. Although as bad as Willem played this Fall no scouting is needed to beat her.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM   #98
country flag fantic
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,073
fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

lots of players playing here
__________________
my tennis blog
my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #99
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Costa Mesa Intercollegiate

Women's Open

Final (4) Kristina Smith (UCI) d. (3) Lorraine Guillermo (Pepperdine)6-2; 6-1

Semis (4) Kristina Smith (UCI) d. (2) Desirae Krawczyk (Arizona St.) 6-2; 6-3

Semis (3) Lorraine Guillermo (Pepperdine) d. (1) Lacey Smyth (Arizona)6-1; 6-2
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #100
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Cal Poly

Also last season #1 singles Alexa Lee is back on the Cal Poly roster. The big question is will she play or sit out this Spring?

Cal Poly 2012-13 roster
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #101
country flag beachman49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 150
beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Congrats to Long Beach State tennis alum Stephanie Bengson on gaining her 2nd invite into the Aussie Open Women's Doubles main draw.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #102
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Yes Stephanie Bengson deserves a big congrats!
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #103
country flag beachman49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 150
beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: Cal Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Also last season #1 singles Alexa Lee is back on the Cal Poly roster. The big question is will she play or sit out this Spring?

Cal Poly 2012-13 roster

Ms. Lee is not sitting out but she must be playing on one leg in order for her coach to justify moving her from # 1, where she has been a back to back all league selection, straight to # 4 for this junk match vs D2 school. Is that legal?

Cal Poly 7, UC Santa Cruz 0
Jan. 13, 2013
San Luis Obispo Country Club (San Luis Obispo, Calif.)

Doubles
1. Lee/Bott (CP) def. Scotten/Wade (UCSC), 8-3
2. Oxnevad/Gatewood (CP) def. Lymburner/Collins (UCSC), 8-0
3. Cornea/McPike (CP) def. Lipscomb/Prokes (UCSC), 8-0

Doubles
1. Louise Oxnevad (CP) def. Alexandra Scotten (UCSC), 6-1, 6-4
2. Jen Cornea (CP) def. Laura Wade (UCSC), 6-1, 6-3
3. Sophia Bott (CP) def. Courtney Lymburner (UCSC), 6-3, 6-2
4. Alexa Lee (CP) def. Katy Collins (UCSC), 6-0, 6-0
5. Kathryn Webb (CP) def. Suzanna Lipscomb (UCSC), 6-0, 6-0
6. Gabrielle Gatewood (CP) def. Monika Prokes (UCSC), 6-0, 6-0
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM   #104
country flag beachman49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 150
beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Here we go again. Only this time the UCI web site is actually trying to pre-emptively justify this screwed up line up. I have never seen anything like this but since they are playing the ITA Kick Off this week maybe they already got questioned. The 'Eater line up is a joke already and had they played it straight up they probably would have lost that 4-3 match vs San Jose State.

Holy crap, going into the ITA's this weekend..... look what the UCI sport info release includes.... a justification for their line up...

http://www.ucirvinesports.com/sports...20130121qp1dii

From their web page release:
STRAIGHT SETS
Taking a look at the prospective lineup based on those put out by Coach Edles in the early going:
1. Kristina Smith 13-5 as No. 1 in 2012
2. Marivick Mamiit 1-1 as No. 4 in 2012
3. Franziska Goettsching 9-12 as No. 3 in 2012
4. Sarah Gong 8 wins in fall play
5. Ali Facey 1-2 as No. 5 in 2012
6. Kat Facey 9-9 as No. 4 in 2012 (so much better than her sister last year)

Doubles lineup based on fall results:
1. Gong / Smith 2-2 in fall matches
2. Mamiit / Stadfelt 9-0 in fall matches
3. K. Facey / Schweyer 3-2 in fall matches

SO UCI IS AGAIN PLAYING JACKE DUP LINE UP 1, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5..... and dubs might be 2, 1, 3

SHOULD BE NAMED THE UC IRVINE 'ROULETTERS'
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #105
country flag gouci
Senior Member
 
gouci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,003
gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
Here we go again. Only this time the UCI web site is actually trying to pre-emptively justify this screwed up line up. I have never seen anything like this but since they are playing the ITA Kick Off this week maybe they already got questioned. The 'Eater line up is a joke already and had they played it straight up they probably would have lost that 4-3 match vs San Jose State.

Holy crap, going into the ITA's this weekend..... look what the UCI sport info release includes.... a justification for their line up...

http://www.ucirvinesports.com/sports...20130121qp1dii

From their web page release:
STRAIGHT SETS
Taking a look at the prospective lineup based on those put out by Coach Edles in the early going:
1. Kristina Smith 13-5 as No. 1 in 2012
2. Marivick Mamiit 1-1 as No. 4 in 2012
3. Franziska Goettsching 9-12 as No. 3 in 2012
4. Sarah Gong 8 wins in fall play
5. Ali Facey 1-2 as No. 5 in 2012
6. Kat Facey 9-9 as No. 4 in 2012 (so much better than her sister last year)

Doubles lineup based on fall results:
1. Gong / Smith 2-2 in fall matches
2. Mamiit / Stadfelt 9-0 in fall matches
3. K. Facey / Schweyer 3-2 in fall matches

SO UCI IS AGAIN PLAYING JACKE DUP LINE UP 1, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5..... and dubs might be 2, 1, 3

SHOULD BE NAMED THE UC IRVINE 'ROULETTERS'
Anais Dallara is the all time career wins leader at Long Beach St.
Where was BeachForm's outrage when DALLARA PLAYED #4 singles her ENITRE FRESHMAN YEAR!



UCI's Sarah Gong lost in the fall to Long Beach St.'s Karolina Rozenberg who played #6 singles last season. So Gong at #4 is where she should be until she earns her way up with better results.

At least Gong will have a chance to move up the UCI line-up. Unlike Anais Dallara who won something like 23 of 25 matches to end her freshman year and NEVER moved up the line-up ONCE.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios