AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #481
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

If Vee makes it, and Masha can do away with her (I don't care if it's a shitfest) then her pathway to the SF is comfortable IMO
other than a ballbashing Marion or an inspired Zakapalova, nobody can hurt Masha, not even Doncurber
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #482
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Assuming Maria gets to the 4r, who's the easiest opponent: Cibulkova or Zakopalova?
I'm not worried about Pome tbh, Masha's height is a big advantage
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #483
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a really good draw in general I think! Lots of really decent matches, potentially.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #484
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Maria's dream draw

R1 Puchkova
R2 Doi
R3 Cornet
R4 Scheepers
QF Makarova
SF Ivanovic
F Errani
You have so little faith in Maria A Slam is a Slam, but would this honestly bring as much of satisfaction as if her beating, let's say Vika in the final? I can see that happening if Maria's in good form. Vika edges Serena in an epic SF and then flops to Maria the day after

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #485
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I'm not worried about Pome tbh, Masha's height is a big advantage
Hopefully she'll be tired after her run in Sydney too

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #486
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

If Maria is 100% healthy, I don't see anyone in this draw beating her other than Serena. Obviously, Maria can have one of those matches where she can implode with errors, but if she can contain that and have the serve working for her for the most part, she really should make it to the final. And if by some great fortune, she meets Vika again in the final, Maria isn't losing to her two years in a row. That's my one guarantee for this tounament. I'll still take Maria's will over Vika's any day and she'd take her down hard this time.

All that being said, I still have Serena winning it all.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #487
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think Zakopalova is that much of a nightmare match-up I think/hope their RG match was just because of the conditions that day (I know they had a toughish match at Wimbledon last year, but Maria was still playing a bit iffily in general back then). There's no REASON she should struggle with Zakopalova that much, because she plays pretty similarly to Hantuchova who Maria usually plays well against

As I said before, I'm really liking that it's Kerber in the QFs (if Maria gets that far). Because Kerber is pretty much guaranteed to bring a certain level of play and so she'll make Maria really have to be at the top of her game to get through -- whereas Kvitova/Li might've enagaged Maria in a shitfest, and Maria would've obviously been able to BS her way past Errani even if she was out of form. Playing Kerber means Maria will either have to hit herslef into top form in time to play the top guns, or if she's not in top form then she won't be good enough to get past Kerber and she goes home anyway.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #488
Forever Sharapova.

I also watched Vee at the Hopman Cup, she was taken to three sets by Scheepers and Johansson

I'm not worried
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #489
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
You have so little faith in Maria A Slam is a Slam, but would this honestly bring as much of satisfaction as if her beating, let's say Vika in the final? I can see that happening if Maria's in good form. Vika edges Serena in an epic SF and then flops to Maria the day after
No I don't have little faith. I didn't use the smiley for no reason
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #490
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
This is a really good draw in general I think! Lots of really decent matches, potentially.
Are you ecstatic at the potential Venus-Maria R3?

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #491
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

The last time we saw Maria play a competitive match was at the YEC, where she was really good. So hopefully she'll bring that kind of form to this event as well!

Puchkova is up first!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #492
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a slam
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #493
Forever Sharapova.

OMG at Mandy Minella's first round GS opponents in 2012

AO: Qualifier
FO: Qualifier
W: Yakimova
UO: Wild Card

Now in 2013:

AO: Qualifier
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #494
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Lets just hope this does not turn into a hell tournament, we never know with the WTA

I can totally see half of the top 10 losing in the 1st week

Hopefully it's a strong Slam with lots of memorable matches ala USO 2012
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #495
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
The last time we saw Maria play a competitive match was at the YEC, where she was really good. So hopefully she'll bring that kind of form to this event as well!

Puchkova is up first!
In 2007 she also lost the YEC final, but went on to win the AO

Hopefully she brings that form