AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #301
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

I used to hate Wozniacki, but ever since her game went down the shitter I've become a pretty big fan I think people hate her because she kind of represented everything that was wrong with the WTA ranking system for over a year. It wasn't entirely her fault, but for every tournament she won the hate seemed to increase because she still didn't have a slam. Plus her father is such a douche, and people here are way too simple-minded to distinguish a player from someone in their entourage. A lot of people disliked Maria because of Yuri back in the day.

I go back and forth on Radwanska. Her game can be nice to watch but something about her just irritates the piss out of me. She seems to be a nice enough girl though, and it's refreshing to see someone not shout "come on" like 485392951 times per match.

Don't get me started on Azarenka.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #302
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't hate Woz but I used to despise and dislike her, I admit it, but over the last year I changed so much... I also have a new year's resolution about not hating anyone but I don't know how I will last
For sure I used to like Vika at the end of 2011 but now she's the nearest to dislike and RedFoo doesn't help. At all.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #303
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really get the dislike for Agi. Yeah, her comments on grunting were eye-rolling and made her look petty. But, unless I've missed interviews and quotes from her over the years, she never came off as unlikable to me. She strikes me as an overachiever who's worked hard to make up for her limited power. She's not a whiner(other than the grunting comments) or a drama queen. If I had to choose a top 10 player other than Maria who I wouldn't mind seeing win the Aussie, I'd be happy with Agi. I certainly don't hold the Miami Final against her. That match was 100% Maria's fault and she got what she deserved.

The only players I dislike passionately on tour are, no surprise, Serena and Vika. But that's mostly because of their offensive personalities. They're just unbearable to listen to and both have been prone to melodrama.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #304
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

I'm seeing more and more of you say you don't like Serena... it's about time!
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #305
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

2 more hours until the draw, right?
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #306
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
2 more hours until the draw, right?
No.

Four.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #307
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
No.

Four.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #308
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
I'm seeing more and more of you say you don't like Serena... it's about time!
I like her She can say some pretty stupid things and she's made an asshole out of herself on numerous occasions, but I love watching her when she's playing well (except against Maria for obvious reasons) and she's great for the game. It's also exciting that I get to see potentially the greatest player ever and witness her in her prime.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #309
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Three hours before the draw
Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #310
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
I used to hate Wozniacki, but ever since her game went down the shitter I've become a pretty big fan I think people hate her because she kind of represented everything that was wrong with the WTA ranking system for over a year. It wasn't entirely her fault, but for every tournament she won the hate seemed to increase because she still didn't have a slam. Plus her father is such a douche, and people here are way too simple-minded to distinguish a player from someone in their entourage. A lot of people disliked Maria because of Yuri back in the day.

I go back and forth on Radwanska. Her game can be nice to watch but something about her just irritates the piss out of me. She seems to be a nice enough girl though, and it's refreshing to see someone not shout "come on" like 485392951 times per match.

Don't get me started on Azarenka.
I know I'm one of the few here, but to me Aga's game is pure eye-candy. That doesn't make her my favorite player, although she'd probably make my top five, or close. I hope that Aga will one day win the big one (a slam, YEC or Olympic gold), as long as it's not at the expense of my real faves. Aga is my most favorite from my non-favorites, so to speak.

As for Caroline, not only don't I think that it's not only her fault for getting tp number one, I don't think it's her fault at all. The WTA encourages playing lots of tournaments - Caro did that, but so did many players in the top 10. Leaving aside the often injured Serena and Kim plus the still struggling Maria the gap between the number of tournaments that Caro played and most other top 10 players was not as big as was often suggested. The only thing that Woz was guilty of was actually having the nerve to win so many of them. No, she didn't win a big one, but her results before 2012 in the big ones weren't dreadful either.

In retrospect Caro was probably an overachiever in those days. But that's more a reason for praise than criticism. Compare it with the situation in schools. If a moderately intelligent student like Fritz has an A plus as the result of him working his ass of, you wouldn't say, "disgusting" or that Walter who's a genius deserves it more but got a low-ish score because he doesn't give a fuck. Same with Caro, she made perhaps more than anyone in recent history the most of what she has. That's not a crime to me but a reason for a and a pat on the back. It looks more and more likely that Caro will make a lot of people very happy by having a even poorer 2013 than 2012. But at least she'll have those 67 weeks at number one to cherish forever. She'll never get any credit for it, but nevertheless "67 weeks #1" will always be part of her resume. Not bad for a player who has 'no weapons.'
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #311
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
Agree completely! Aga + Vika = my most hated. Wozniacki used to be up there, but now all I feel for her is pity
This so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
This. 7-5 in 3rd...

And yeah, I'm pressed that she already has 2 titles this year.
MM titles where she was the first seed and played against scrubs Although, I wouldn't count Domi out as easily

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #312
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

I guess there is a bug in this thread, I can't see your last message Chrissie-fan
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #313
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Big bug...
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #314
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I wish Maria stans would stop being so pressed by Radwanska. She got her revenge in Istanbul, let it go
we are bashing her not for that Miami win, it's more about her unappealing game , always pissed look and too much hype for average player is also irritating... She is something like an antipode to the players and tennis on court i prefer

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #315
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelpova View Post
I guess there is a bug in this thread, I can't see your last message Chrissie-fan
Damn so I'm not crazy, it was a major bug
I couldn't see the last posts after mine for a few hours.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote