Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru! - Page 206 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #3076
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru!

I like Olympiakos but I meant Greek national teams/Olympic sports

Dont even get me started. Mens basketball national team should've won medals in 2004,2008,2012 and didn't
and in 2006 WC they beat USA's Dream Team in SF and got killed by Spain in the final

And Olympiakos history in European competitions for football

And the only reason we won Euro 2004 was because we had no pressure or expectations

Womens water polo team won gold last WC, 4th the previous one, 2nd in the last 2 Euros, world league medals, etc. but didn't qualify for London

Can we stop talking about this stuff because I could go on for days complaining about how we choke so much

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #3077
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^Seeing this post just reminded me of how much we choke in every single damn sport . Athens 2004 was so bad. Greece vs. USA men's volleyball QF was probably the biggest choke of all-time in the Olympics for any country in any sport

Anyways, Ralu was featured on the WTA's new (and shitty) website

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...lip-the-script

OLARU HOPING TO FLIP THE SCRIPT

She was one of the brightest young stars on the WTA, but after a few tough seasons she finds herself fighting her way back up the rankings - it has been a long road for Raluca Olaru.
Published December 29, 2012 12:00

BUCHAREST, Romania - A few years ago she was one of the brightest young stars on the WTA, but after a few tough seasons she finds herself fighting her way back up the rankings - it has been a long road for Raluca Olaru, but the Romanian, still just 23, is looking up. Here she is...

On her best years from 2007 to 2009, where she reached*her first WTA final at Bad Gastein, two more semifinals and another six quarterfinals, and was a Top 100 fixture...
"2007 was an amazing year for me! I was really young, only 18, and I started the year ranked around No.300. I got to my first WTA semifinal in Memphis in February then another one in Fès in April; and then, in May, I passed three rounds of qualies and got to the third round of the French Open, my dream tournament growing up as a child! I was the first female Romanian player to get to the Top 100 since Ruxandra Dragomir and Irina Spirlea back in 1997, and I think that was the opener for many other Romanian tennis players, as you can see from the years since then. I finished 2007 ranked around No.65. In January 2008 I got seriously injured in my left wrist, which gave me trouble the whole year - but 2009 was another good year, starting around No.125 and reaching quarterfinals in Bogotá and Warsaw before winning a $100,000 ITF title in Marseille and reeaching my first WTA final in Bad Gastein. That got me to my personal best ranking so far - No.53 in the world."

On the last few years, which have seen her fall to her current ranking, No.216...
"Indeed, the last few years were not that great for me, but I have to say I've learned and improved a lot during this time! I've had some difficult periods, whether it's being without a coach or getting injured once every few months, and obviously there were some times when I lost my confidence. But I kept going, kept looking for solutions and worked hard to get better again. And right now I have to say I feel good about where I'm at. I've improved a lot, especially over the last six months, and I am excited to keep getting better. You know what they say: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

On her off-season preparation for 2013...
"I was in Romania at home, having a five week off-season preparation. I am happy with the team I have around me now and as I said, excited to work on my game!*My main goal for 2013 is to develop my game. I know I can play Top 100 level again, and I know that if I have the right attitude and work on the right things, there are many chances that I will achieve that. The other goals - playing more WTA tournaments, getting in the main draw of Grand Slams and going up in the rankings - are secondary."

On her overall career goals, given she's still so young...
"It's a good question! Indeed, I have enough years in front of me and right now I feel that I have the abilities to achieve even more than I have so far in my tennis career. And I'm not just talking about the numbers here, but also about enjoying the process!"

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #3078
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

All in all, I would still not dismiss Raluca already.

If she can get her game and head together for once, she can reach the Top 100 easily. She has so much game for someone being ranked so low and she looks very positive on this interview.

Maybe she can qualify for the Australian Open, why not?
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #3079
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Currently on the EL for AO qualies.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3080
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Open, Q-draw:

(8)Karin Knapp (ITA) vs. (wc)Jessica Moore (AUS)
Corinna Dentoni (ITA) vs. Raluca Olaru (ROU)
Aleksandra Krunic (SRB) vs. Maria Elena Camerin (ITA)
Alison Riske (USA) vs. (17)Zheng Saisai (CHN)

Walking bye in QR1.

Her chance to show the progress she promised in the interview with WTA.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #3081
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Raluca should definitely beat Corinna, but she is so inconsistent..

I think she has a good chance to qualify if she plays well actually...Knapp/Moore are beatable and we'll see after that!

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3082
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

QR1 and QR2 are winnable
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3083
country flag Curcubeu

Dentoni def. Olaru 6-2 6-3

Pathetic.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #3084
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

she needs to start playing more HC tournaments this year. She can't exist to play on only clay.
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #3085
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

And I picked her 2-0 in TT

Maybe it was just deluded hope

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #3086
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
she needs to start playing more HC tournaments this year. She can't exist to play on only clay.
Sure, but neither did Dentoni in preparation to the AO and she was in much worse form at the end of last year than Raluca. I don't even know when Dentoni won against any noticeable player on this surface for the last time, embarrassing loss, especially the scoreline and after the proud statements in that interview, it makes her come across as completely delusional.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #3087
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

I think I jinxed her.

I didn't think Corinna was good on any surface besides clay....

Poor Raluca

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #3088
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Sure, but neither did Dentoni in preparation to the AO and she was in much worse form at the end of last year than Raluca. I don't even know when Dentoni won against any noticeable player on this surface for the last time, embarrassing loss, especially the scoreline and after the proud statements in that interview, it makes her come across as completely delusional.
ITFanovic

PopCon 2013.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3089
country flag $uricate

In fact that's going in my sig

PopCon 2013.
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3090
country flag hellas719