Road to Melbourne 2013 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #181
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all
Re: Road to Melbourne 2013

It's been confirmed (as expected) that Sabine will be unseeded

Fingers crossed for a good draw
It will just be Sabine's luck that she pulls out Serena!
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #182
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Given that she is apparently already practicing she might have just wanted to skip Sydney to prepare for the AOs.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #183
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

I see, a very quick Virus it was

Drückeritis, kommt und geht schnell

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #184
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Something was telling me she would be fine for the AO Good luck Sabine
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #185
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post

I actually prefer a bit of schedule swagger to notorious "I have to play everything!". If she feels well and think she can go far at the AO then it's a good call to skip Sydney.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #186
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Well, i think we agree that she has enough pull outs for a Tennislifetime already.

I don't like the mentality of faked injuries or sicknesses which seems to be the standard on the tour these days. Yeah i know they have to, but still...

Since it's unusual hot in Australia she may have decided to skip Sydney because of that, could be a smart move in the end aslong as her AO Draw and result don't turn out to be a catastrophe.

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #187
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Always funny how Sabine drives her fans mad.

I don't think that it was a fake illness as Sabine obviously was in Sydney and already announced her match. ("Hope to see you out there") She probably wanted to take no risk regarding her AO start and I think it's a good sign that she takes care of her body more than in the past when she wanted to play no matter what at times. The good thing is now that she has more time for adjusting and practicing in Melbourne.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #188
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since it's unusual hot in Australia she may have decided to skip Sydney because of that, could be a smart move in the end aslong as her AO Draw and result don't turn out to be a catastrophe.
Nah, Sabine is used to hot temperatures.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #189
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

It's over 40 degrees celsius here today although it wasn't nearly so extreme the past few days and temps can go extreme in Melbourne too. I'd like to think she wouldn't have skipped for that reason. To be honest I was disappointed with her when I found out she wasn't playing again, it seems Sydney is not very important to her and as I'm a big fan who lives here I felt hurt (still do a bit). Although it is hard to be mad at such a sweet and beautiful girl like Bine and when I slept on it I realised I shouldn't blame her for being sick. But I really need to see some results in Melbourne now!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

Last edited by Mike81 : Jan 8th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #190
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
I don't think that it was a fake illness as Sabine obviously was in Sydney and already announced her match. ("Hope to see you out there") She probably wanted to take no risk regarding her AO start and I think it's a good sign that she takes care of her body more than in the past when she wanted to play no matter what at times. The good thing is now that she has more time for adjusting and practicing in Melbourne.
I think it shows a major change from 2012 when she tried to play through so many injuries/illnesses. Better at this point (especially since it's not a grand slam) to play it safe and minimize any illness. I think she was sick all through the month of last February because she tried to play sick during FedCup. I have personal experience with trying to play through viruses and turning them into bacterial infections which are hard to get rid of.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #191
country flag Ziva

Quote:

It wasn't a Virus, because that doesn't make sense at all, not even a cold would
Whatever it was or whatever was going on, it came right before the match and was gone pretty quick since she is already in training again.

Quote:
Nah, Sabine is used to hot temperatures.
Sure but it always affects your condition and drains energy, especially at 40+°C .

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #192
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckii View Post
She is such a fail!
Let`s hope Sabine will be 100 % for Aus Open and Fed Cup

Quote:

Quote:
Well, i think we agree that she has enough pull outs for a Tennislifetime already.
Stimmt, und Sabine ist wirklich außergewöhnlich oft krank

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #193
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Only a few days to go now! Fingers crossed for a good draw. I'll be in Melbourne up until the QF so hopefully, like last year, I can see at least a few Sabine matches. Auf geht's, girl.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #194
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So true!
Germans are not known for their composure
Conspiracy theories about a virus that was tweeted to go around in Brissy are hilirious. What if she just didn't want to risk anything before the AO !?

Good to see her happy on and off court in Melbourne/ she only needs a suitable draw now
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #195
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
Conspiracy theories about a virus that was tweeted to go around in Brissy are hilirious. What if she just didn't want to risk anything before the AO !?
Conspiracy theories ? haven't seen that.

Of course she didn't want to risk anything and there was no Virus.
Her pull out was just poorly timed .

Judging from the Happy Bine pics, she seems to be ready for some Action.