2013 Kim Clijsters's Pictures and News thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #1
country flag Kimking

Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light
2013 Kim Clijsters's Pictures and News thread

The book price is reasonable. But the shipping charge ( almost euros 150 ) is just too much...
Kimking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 27th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #2
country flag Wimanna

Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Kim Clijsters' Picture Thread

Tonight in Manneke Paul on VTM @ 9.45pm CET.

Wimanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM   #3
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 Kim News

In a message posted via her Facebook page, retired tennis star Kim Clijsters has spoken out about the love hate relationship that athletes have with the sport they make a living out of.

"People don't play sports because its fun. Ask any athlete, most of them hate it, but they couldn't imagine their life with out it. Its part of them, the love/hate relationship. Its what they live for. They live for the practices, parties, cheers, long bus rides, invitationals, countless pairs of different types of shoes, water, Gatorade, & coaches you hate but appreciate. They live for the way it feels when they beat the other team-player, and knowing those two extra sprints they ran in practice were worth it. They live for the way they became a family with their team, they live for the countless songs they sing in their head while training all those hours. They live for the competition, they live for the friends, the practices, the memories, the pain, its who they are. It's who we are."

Clijsters retired for the second and final time in September at the US Open after a checkered career which saw her reach the world no. 1 ranking and win 4 grand slam singles titles.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Kim-Cl...icolo7615.html

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #4
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimking View Post
The book price is reasonable. But the shipping charge ( almost euros 150 ) is just too much...
150 euros for shipping?
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #5
country flag Kimking

Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
150 euros for shipping?
Yes, shipping charge is ridiculously high, making the total book price almost €190 if I remember right. I think it's not sensible to buy a book at such a high cost so I didn't order it, even though I do love Kim very very much.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #6

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes, shipping charge is ridiculously high, making the total book price almost €190 if I remember right. I think it's not sensible to buy a book at such a high cost so I didn't order it, even though I do love Kim very very much.
Maybe one day we'll be able to get it on eBay or Amazon for a lesser price. Fingers crossed. I really really want this book but just can't afford it!
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #7
country flag Kimking

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Maybe one day we'll be able to get it on eBay or Amazon for a lesser price. Fingers crossed. I really really want this book but just can't afford it!
Amazon accepts pre-order now. Both book price and shipping charge are way cheaper.
But publication date is postponed. And you should pay attention to the info re the number of pages of the book. It is different from that provided on the publisher's website.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #8

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Kim is pregnant! She announced the news on Twitter. It's due mid-September.

"Hi everyone, we have some exiting news to tell you... Jada is going to be a big sister :-) ! Xxx Kim , Brian and Jada"

Thank You, Kim
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #9
country flag Kimking

Great news!
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Amazon accepts pre-order now. Both book price and shipping charge are way cheaper.
But publication date is postponed. And you should pay attention to the info re the number of pages of the book. It is different from that provided on the publisher's website.
I ordered a copy on Amazon last night. Only 35 pounds! Can't wait for it to arrive.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #11

Yay! I'm so excited for Kim, Brian and Jada. I wonder when she's due.
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #12
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

Kim was a guest in Reyers Laat, a late night talk show here in Belgium. Together with Tia Hellebaut (high jump, gold medal in Beijing) they talked about topsport and being a mother!

you can watch the entire show here (but I don't know if you can watch it outside of Belgium...):
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuw...rslaat/2.27260

some screenshots:

Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #13

Apparently Kim received an honorary degree from De Vrije Universiteit. It's on her French and Dutch portions of the site but not English. (Of course... )

Thank You, Kim
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #14
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

yes indeed she'll receive it for her extra ordinary behaviour on and off the court.
In the talk show she said she's more embarrassed she gets it than proud of it :-)
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #15
country flag Kimking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah<Kim-fan> View Post
yes indeed she'll receive it for her extra ordinary behaviour on and off the court.
In the talk show she said she's more embarrassed she gets it than proud of it :-)
Did she elaborate on her reasons?