2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #166
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra barbecuing in Melbourne Park

No Net, its not as bad as Caro, her slam results are far worst than Petra, at least petra made it pass the 1st round, Caro has bombed out of 2 slam 1st rounds, 1 quarter and 3rd rounds, while petra lost 2 semis (maria both times), quarter and 4th round.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #167
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You see,Shifty,even though Net has probably been corrupted somewhat by growing up in the U.S.,she's still a half-Latina angelita and she posted that to make ME feel better since both of my faves are battling right now.Being that Caroline has struggled so badly at Slams lately,it was sweet of Net to compare her to two-time(or maybe 1 1/2)Slam champ Petra

Didn't think about that, Excelsior, but it's true; even if Petra is playing absolute shit she can still get a few winners in there somehow just because of her game style. We'll have to wait for the AO to see for sure but I just wondered if anyone else was seeing similarities. Of course, the difference is that Caro has kind of been on a downward spiral for a while now...at least Petra got the US Open Series in there
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #168
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

For fans of Czech tennis: livescorehunter shows Martina vs. Martina tomorrow!

(About one or two hours after Kookie Zakopalova match.)
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #169
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
For fans of Czech tennis: livescorehunter shows Martina vs. Martina tomorrow!
What are we supposed to do if we only love Petra and despise all other manifestations of Czech tennis?.....Just speaking hypothetically,of course

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #170
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post

Didn't think about that, Excelsior, but it's true; even if Petra is playing absolute shit she can still get a few winners in there somehow just because of her game style. We'll have to wait for the AO to see for sure but I just wondered if anyone else was seeing similarities. Of course, the difference is that Caro has kind of been on a downward spiral for a while now...at least Petra got the US Open Series in there

Yeah. I know what you mean to.

However, it's not just her game style (risky shot making) on how/why she could get hot. A lot of players can play with risk, but not have her abilities.

As you know, Petra's got that easy smooth power. Petra can also have her great serving, returning, angled shots and precision. Her volleying, slices, various spins, and spectacular shot making are just added bonuses, if/when she's really feeling it.

We've all seen these things from Petra (from varying to absolutely complete degrees) before. The question, when are we gonna see it/them again?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #171
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Netphobia

This is Petra full circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eanoH72Dyjk

Sometimes we have a tendency to forget.

And you notice: Azarenka doesn't play any differently than she does now. But notice how Petra easily deals with her almost metro-nomic fast pace, deep balls, and turns it around in a variety of ways. This player was clearly the best in the world, and so enjoyable to watch at that. Who could complain? No wonder she picked up many new fans.

This is also the player (Petra at 2011 Istanbul) that Aga's coach was referring to in late 2012, when he mentioned "the perfect tennis player" she was approaching, in discussing her form, direction and potential at the time.

I hope we see Miss Perfect back again soon (even if it's only for a few majors).

Petra and her team really need to get their act together (or we're just going to have to wait for that natural maturity process, 1-3 yrs later, if it ever comes at all)?

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 9th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #172
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yeah. I know what you mean to.

However, it's not just her game style (risky shot making) on how/why she could get hot. A lot of players can play with risk, but not have her abilities.

As you know, Petra's got that easy smooth power. Petra can also have her great serving, returning, angled shots and precision. Her volleying, slices, various spins, and spectacular shot making are just added bonuses, if/when she's really feeling it.

We've all seen these things from Petra (from varying to absolutely complete degrees) before. The question, when are we gonna see it/them again?
we will wait until we realize we should remove the when
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #173
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any chance that Petra is content to be a top 10-caliber player in the latter portion of those rankings...but would rather not have the increased scrutiny and expectations of a top THREE player??I'm not talking about deliberate tanking to lower her ranking,rather a subconscious resistance(that affects her on-court play) to all the camera flashes and mikes in faces that are inevitable for players who are at or near #1.....We can agree,can't we,that there's a notable difference in the amount of attention received by Errani,Stosur and Bartoli when compared to Vika,Masha and Ree....I'm sure that Petra has noticed

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #174
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Is there any chance that Petra is content to be a top 10-caliber player in the latter portion of those rankings...but would rather not have the increased scrutiny and expectations of a top THREE player??I'm not talking about deliberate tanking to lower her ranking,rather a subconscious resistance(that affects her on-court play) to all the camera flashes and mikes in faces that are inevitable for players who are at or near #1.....We can agree,can't we,that there's a notable difference in the amount of attention received by Errani,Stosur and Bartoli when compared to Vika,Masha and Ree....I'm sure that Petra has noticed
All those things may be true, indeed Bruce. I also don't think that Petra or her team have accepted the dedication and professionalism (if they're even aware of it) required to be a top 3 player as well. It's a lot of work, planning and redundancy.

Either, or; it is what it is (until it changes, right)?

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 9th, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #175
country flag AfroIYH

AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light

I think Petra had a great 2010 because she had a certain hunger that required her to get as big of a status and as much money as she needed, 7 million in prize money alone and Career High of No. 2 later, as well as 2 Semis and a QF at Olympics and Wimbledon, I guess that hunger either lessened or disappeared.
AfroIYH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #176
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What are we supposed to do if we only love Petra and despise all other manifestations of Czech tennis?.....Just speaking hypothetically,of course
Then you have a problem

For those of us who love ALL the Czech players, whether past or present, there's always something to watch

The Adelaide exho was great to watch and Navratilova's volleys are still far better than those of any current player, Petra included
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #177
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it is what it is (until it changes, right)?
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #178
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
All those things may be true, indeed Bruce. I also don't think that Petra or her team have accepted the dedication and professionalism (if they're even aware of it) required to be a top 3 player as well. It's a lot of work, planning and redundancy.

Either, or; it is what it is (until it changes, right)?
Was just thinking about those losses Petra had to the Siberian gringa you love so much and,just maybe,an unwillingness & lack of desire for the elite spotlight has a slight ebbing effect on those key points where killer instinct is often required

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #179
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Paul changed location from Melbourne to Melbourne Park?

I'm pretty sure there're lots of exquisite places for barbecuing in Melbourne, much better than Melbourne Park
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #180
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
Paul changed location from Melbourne to Melbourne Park?
No, I´m consistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
I'm pretty sure there're lots of exquisite places for barbecuing in Melbourne, much better than Melbourne Park
At least she is not playing tennis
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote