Australian summer-start of 2013! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #61
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

thx for sharing this article. So it's clear that Kiri's game was affected by this enormous heat. So I wouldn't put too much weight on this 1-6, 1-6 loss.

I guess it won't be that hot at the AO, and if yes, they will cancel the match. Also Maria will get rid of the jetlag in the meantime, she will be much better prepared.

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #62
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
thx for sharing this article. So it's clear that Kiri's game was affected by this enormous heat. So I wouldn't put too much weight on this 1-6, 1-6 loss.

I guess it won't be that hot at the AO, and if yes, they will cancel the match. Also Maria will get rid of the jetlag in the meantime, she will be much better prepared.
AO will give us a clear response.
Iblis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #63
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post

It seems that the oppressive heat did drain Maria alot making her an easy win for Errani. The loss is one thing but that she was so physically drained in the heat is another. That can take days to recover from and Oz starts in 5 days. Not alot of time for Kiri to find her form and Oz conditioning level. Also surprising was her doubles loss in straight sets. But it's only 1 tournament and the heat thre Kiri off her game.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #64
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile Errani has been crashed in QF.
Iblis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #65
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps it was the heat, however it was the same conditions for Errani, who does not come from very cold Moscow . But I noticed Maria had more than the usual strapping on her knee. I hope it was merely preventative. The Dubs partnership seems to be following all our worst expectations.

We can only hope it cools down a bit down there.
JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #66
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Maria should play in Northern France where it's 5°C now, it would be better for her health

And it's close from Belgium if she wants to pay less taxes and drink beer
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #67
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Disastrous loss to Errani.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #68
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Perhaps it was the heat, however it was the same conditions for Errani, who does not come from very cold Moscow . But I noticed Maria had more than the usual strapping on her knee. I hope it was merely preventative. The Dubs partnership seems to be following all our worst expectations.

We can only hope it cools down a bit down there.
Yes.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #69
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

I hope her engagement and her fiance not been there to watch her play distracted her in anyway. Nothing worse for a professional to confuse their person life with their profession. I hope kiri stays focused, because her consistent finish in 2012, is what promised a great 2013 for her, and it is totally up to her if she will make this one a pleasurable year for her and her fans.
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #70
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_the_greek View Post
I hope her engagement and her fiance not been there to watch her play distracted her in anyway. Nothing worse for a professional to confuse their person life with their profession. I hope kiri stays focused, because her consistent finish in 2012, is what promised a great 2013 for her, and it is totally up to her if she will make this one a pleasurable year for her and her fans.
Kiri's focus is key to her success. I too hope she is focused this year. But it is only human nature for her to think about her marriage and wedding etc. every day. Who can blame anyone for that? But Maria has never gone to Oz so late and so umprepared for the heat as she did this year. I hope it will be cooler in Melbourne than it was in Sydney. That will help Kiri next week.

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #71
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

She has a difficult first round match against a tricky opponent, in Vania King. If she wins that match, she will play the winner of Shuai Peng/Rebecca Marino. If she gets through to the 4th round..she will play Serena
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #72
country flag misH@

misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all

Her draw at AO is so tricky, I really don`t know what she can do. 3r Wickmayer (finalist last week in Auckland).
About heat, it was super hot, but you need to come in Australia a bit earlier to used to conditions. She is already losing spots in ranking, hope she can improve and show her best tennis when it`s most important, at AO.
Genie Bouchard
misH@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #73
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

She's played Vania one time, a win at Miami in 2006! You never know sometimes with Makiri-- if she'll crash out of a match she should win on paper.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #74
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

What a draw

Notice that considering Kiri's bad shape of the moment, any draw would have been tough... But this one

Beating King and Peng would be already very nice.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #75
country flag Remix13

What a draw

Notice that considering her shape of the moment, any draw would have been difficult

Reaching R3 would be very nice.