Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #181
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Large numbers of these errors aren't even coming when she's going for her shots. That makes it worse.

Errors from going from her shots are more understandable/ok than just missing on routine shots.
You have to be concerned that her practice sessions and hard work she puts in arent helping her results.
Whatever the 'excuses' are: Rory, technique change, more aggression, pressure of being #1 without a major, its a year and a half later, and Caroline should be past whatever was holding her back.
Now it seems she works hard before tournaments, then loses immediately. Last spring she lost 10 of 22 matches over 4 months.
Now she starts with 2 losses in 3 matches. When is the last time Vika or Maria lost early at back to back premiers?
Should not be happening now. The end of 2012 should have been a sign of better results in 2013.
This start is very worrisome, if another weak effort at a major, you have to wonder what really is going on, and why arent they changing things, if the current situation is wrecking her career?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #182
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
You have to be concerned that her practice sessions and hard work she puts in arent helping her results.
Whatever the 'excuses' are: Rory, technique change, more aggression, pressure of being #1 without a major, its a year and a half later, and Caroline should be past whatever was holding her back.
Now it seems she works hard before tournaments, then loses immediately. Last spring she lost 10 of 22 matches over 4 months.
Now she starts with 2 losses in 3 matches. When is the last time Vika or Maria lost early at back to back premiers?
Should not be happening now. The end of 2012 should have been a sign of better results in 2013.
This start is very worrisome, if another weak effort at a major, you have to wonder what really is going on, and why arent they changing things, if the current situation is wrecking her career?
I'm curious to know what they're practicing and how the overall practice sessions are going. If they're practicing the right sort of things and her game is looking pretty good in practice, then it would seem her problems are mental and that some sort of sports psychologist should be looked into.

I don't know. I'd have to guess that it's been years since Vika or Sharapova have lost early at back to back premiers if it has happened. Any of their fans feel like jumping in to clarify this?

I would keep an eye on Caro's losses against players ranked outside the top 30. Despite her struggles she's still won most (between 85% and 90%) of her matches against players outside the top 30 over the past year and a half. If this win-loss record drops a lot this year, then it would be a very bad sign.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 9th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #183
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I think she needs to string 3-4 good wins together, it did her well after Seoul, she beat Na, had her chances against Aga, close match against Angie and she beat Sam. When she's confident she can pull all kind of matches through but when her confidence is low she can lose to anyone.
Next week is important, hopefully she won't disappoint again.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #184
country flag betowiec

betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all

imo Caro won't make it to the 2nd week in Melbourne.......
betowiec is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #185
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

3R would be a good result now. R16 or QF if she gets a draw from heaven.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #186
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

About Caro's contract with Adidas, does anybody here know for how long her contract last? (was it a 10 years long contract?)

It said in GM and some Blogs other players now also will play in Stella dress...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #187
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we'll find out in a few days' time.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #188
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hun kan altid låne en Nike t-shirt og shorts af Rory, skulle det gå så galt...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #189
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
About Caro's contract with Adidas, does anybody here know for how long her contract last? (was it a 10 years long contract?)

It said in GM and some Blogs other players now also will play in Stella dress...
Caro, Petkovic and Robson will play in Stella McCartney...Caro not exclusive anymore..
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #190
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The more exclusive and glamorous 'Stella' line is no more. It has been merged with another Adidas line, Barricade, so the new name will be 'Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade' .. Some mouthful.

http://www.tennisidentity.com/tennis...s-collect.html

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #191
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Podcast with Jon Wertheim
starting at 24:25 Lindsay Davenport talks about Caro!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/pod...is.podcast.mp3

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #192
country flag betowiec

betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all

Quote:

supposedly she has a lifetime deal with adidas
betowiec is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #193
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

It's only natural for an athlete with competitive spirit to want to start the following year strongly when the previous season has yielded subpar results.We can sort of overlook Brisbane('just the first event back')...and even Sydney('next week's Slam is all that matters')...but if Caro bombs out early in Melbourne and ISN'T noticeably pissed off about it......then I won't be able to offer much to refute naysayers

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #194
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I think she needs to string 3-4 good wins together, it did her well after Seoul, she beat Na, had her chances against Aga, close match against Angie and she beat Sam. When she's confident she can pull all kind of matches through but when her confidence is low she can lose to anyone.
Next week is important, hopefully she won't disappoint again.
I think most of the current problem is mental. 22 is very young in tennis. Only 2 majors are won by all the players under 25. Its young for ATP also.
She has to pull herself together. She's capable of much better than losing in early rounds. But her current situation isnt bringing out her ability in matches.
She might have to totally hit bottom before she changes things, or she can do this herself, and start playing well.
But its in her head, because she should never lose up a set to Pervak when she's healthy. I dont think her dad calling her a clown helps her. But she doesnt need real coaching advise to get thru early rounds vs noncontenders. Its a lack of mental toughness
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #195
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Draw ceremony about to begin!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread