Where is Francoise Durr Browning? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 09:45 PM   #1
country flag John S

John S is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is Francoise Durr Browning?

Met Frankie and Boyd in Phoenix in the early to mid 80's. Have lost contact and have not seen them in close to 20 years or the last time the Virgina Slims Legends were in Houston and Frankie was here.

In fact, it was 20 years because their daughter Jessica was just born and Nicholas was still a young child.

The last # I had was Frankie's apartment in Paris. If any one has contact with them, tell them that I should have taken the cook's job on the boat. Boyd, are you still flying?

I am still in Houston and in the phone book if they remember my last name.
John S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:22 PM   #2
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where is Francoise Durr Browning?

TennisVideos is probably your best bet for Durr info. I'd send him a private message if he doesn't respond to this thread.

If you do get in touch with Frankie give her our best regards!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 11:53 AM   #3
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JohnS

I do keep in touch with Frankie and Boyd. They are indeed in Paris (the outskirts). I think Nicholas has just moved back with them and Jessica is in the States at school. In fact Nicholas posted on these threads just a few months ago - he was thrilled to see a thread about Frankie with all these great old photos.

If you would like to give me your details I can forward them to Frankie & Boyd and then they can get in contact with you. I would prefer not to give out their details as I don't think that's the right thing to do.

So send me a Private Message if you want to get a message to them.

Cheers

Craig
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #4
tennisvideos

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John

I just got an email off Boyd & Frankie and they are thrilled to get your contact details as they have been trying to get in touch with you for about 5 years. So I am sure you will hear from the soon if you haven't already.

Cheers

Craig
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #5
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisvideos View Post
Hi John

I just got an email off Boyd & Frankie and they are thrilled to get your contact details as they have been trying to get in touch with you for about 5 years. So I am sure you will hear from the soon if you haven't already.

Cheers

Craig
Have you asked her of how and why Francoise and Darlene became doubles partner at the 1969 U.S. Open?
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #6
tennisvideos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivfun View Post
Have you asked her of how and why Francoise and Darlene became doubles partner at the 1969 U.S. Open?
Hi there. I did ask Boyd if they had any pics of them at the USO but he doesn't think so.

I do have a video clip of them winning the match including each set point and also the match point.

If memory serves me correctly, Frankie's partner pulled out with an injury at the last minute so Darlene entered as a wild card with Frankie. Something like that I think.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #7
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi there. I did ask Boyd if they had any pics of them at the USO but he doesn't think so.

I do have a video clip of them winning the match including each set point and also the match point.

If memory serves me correctly, Frankie's partner pulled out with an injury at the last minute so Darlene entered as a wild card with Frankie. Something like that I think.
Yep, I think you're right, tennisvideos. Ann Jones, who was Frankie's regular partner at that time, pulled out of the Open at the last miute (she was seeded 1 in signles, ahead of Madge and BJK!!), and Darlene replaced her.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #8
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of

Quote:

I asked Bud Collins who worked for CBS in 1969 on his website if this match was televised. He said no. Was that a film clip?
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #9
tennisvideos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivfun View Post
I asked Bud Collins who worked for CBS in 1969 on his website if this match was televised. He said no. Was that a film clip?
Sorry to get back to you 5 years later but I just saw this link when searching the internet lol. Yes, the 1969 clip was a news clip.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #10
Double Fault
Team WTAworld

Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all

Has anyone seen this nice little video of Frankie? I love her accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Her9OE_TgwI
Double Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #11
tennisvideos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Fault View Post
Has anyone seen this nice little video of Frankie? I love her accent.

Haven't seen it but loved hearing her voice again. We were privileged to have her and her daughter Jessica stay with us for a week last year and it was wonderful to hear her accent and laughter every day. There were many times she would be crying with laughter and tears streaming down her face as she recounted funny stories from her days on tour. What a wonderful woman and Jessica was adorable too!

The thing about Frankie is that she is so down to earth and has a wonderful sense of humour. And that to her crazy tennis game and you have a triple threat!
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a recent video of Francoise talking about her experience in the first Fed Cup in 1963. I have to say you are still tres jolie Frankie!

Last edited by Rollo : Jan 9th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #13
Double Fault
Team WTAworld

Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all

Quote:
Haven't seen it but loved hearing her voice again. We were privileged to have her and her daughter Jessica stay with us for a week last year and it was wonderful to hear her accent and laughter every day. There were many times she would be crying with laughter and tears streaming down her face as she recounted funny stories from her days on tour. What a wonderful woman and Jessica was adorable too!

The thing about Frankie is that she is so down to earth and has a wonderful sense of humour. And that to her crazy tennis game and you have a triple threat!
She's wonderful, I agree tennisvideos. You are so lucky to know her personally. She's such a fun lady.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Double Fault
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Here is a recent video of Francoise talking about her experience in the firt Fed Cup in 1963. I have to say you are still tres jolie Frankie!

That's the same video I posted above (post 10) Rollo.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
That's the same video I posted above (post 10) Rollo.
Oh dear.

To cover my shame I can only say that a good thing doesn't suffer from being repeated.

Are you aware of our other Durr related threads?