Sydney QF: A. Radwanska def. Vinci 6-4, 7-5 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #46
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sydney QF: A. Radwanska def. Vinci 6-4, 7-5

it was a match of lost opportunities for Roberta, it was really hard not to break Aga at 4-5 first set and make 5-5 ....but she still managed to miss everything even from 100% positions , includine this overhead.....

But conditions were awful for a more agressive player , wind was blowing balls away from its trajectory

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #47
country flag pollison

pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold

Lucky enough I was at the match. It was a good game - Radwanska was coming to net a lot. She is looking really fit again this season. Watch out WTA!
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #48
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Was at the match as well, Aga didn't seem too fazed out there nor did she appeared stretched. I think Aga is really playing a notch below what she's capable of because when it came to pressure points she added more pace to her shots. The only drama in the match was a woman behind me violently falling down a flight of stairs and moaning really loudly for about 10 minutes,loud enough for Aga to halt play and request the woman get medical attention.

I think we'll see the real Aga show up in the next round. She's simply not trying out there.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #49
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Was at the match as well, Aga didn't seem too fazed out there nor did she appeared stretched. I think Aga is really playing a notch below what she's capable of because when it came to pressure points she added more pace to her shots. The only drama in the match was a woman behind me violently falling down a flight of stairs and moaning really loudly for about 10 minutes,loud enough for Aga to halt play and request the woman get medical attention.

I think we'll see the real Aga show up in the next round. She's simply not trying out there.
It looks like Aga saved somebody's life today!

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #50
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Aga. Those are great stats from both players. Sounds like it was a really good match.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #51
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
It looks like Aga saved somebody's life today!

--
Definitely.

Aga saw the lady fall and she basically stopped her preparation to serve and looked at the chair umpire who was well aware of what was going on but still hadn't signaled for the woman to be assisted by medics. She pretty much forced the chair umpire to react to it because she wasn't going to start play with a woman plastered on the floor whaling. Must say Aga's expressions had me giggling, she's very cute.

Lucky for a pole at the end of the stairs otherwise the woman may have rolled on top of me. The pole stopped her fall and evidently a Pole helped her up after the fall.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #52
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
The pole stopped her fall and evidently a Pole helped her up after the fall.

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #53
country flag koyak
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future

Good job Aga

pożyczka sms pożyczka na wakacje
koyak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #54
country flag Carlsbadwanska

Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future

Quote:
Definitely.

Aga saw the lady fall and she basically stopped her preparation to serve and looked at the chair umpire who was well aware of what was going on but still hadn't signaled for the woman to be assisted by medics. She pretty much forced the chair umpire to react to it because she wasn't going to start play with a woman plastered on the floor whaling. Must say Aga's expressions had me giggling, she's very cute.

Lucky for a pole at the end of the stairs otherwise the woman may have rolled on top of me. The pole stopped her fall and evidently a Pole helped her up after the fall.

Good match too.
Carlsbadwanska is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #55
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci wasted so many chances to break/win it's amazing and Agnieszka looked as if she didn't care about the win at all at times (specially in the 1st set). I'm just glad this match was finished in two.
Well done Agatha
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #56
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

well done aga always great to see her winning, got the revenge vs. vinci here
now li in the semifinals(most probably), so rest today and go for it tomorrow
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #57
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Definitely.

Saint Aga
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #58
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #59
country flag frequentflyer

frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all

Ladwanska, according to the Chair Umpire.
Like on various Chinese airlines, they wish you a present fright.
frequentflyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #60
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
it was a match of lost opportunities for Roberta, it was really hard not to break Aga at 4-5 first set and make 5-5 ....but she still managed to miss everything even from 100% positions , includine this overhead.....

But conditions were awful for a more agressive player , wind was blowing balls away from its trajectory
if it was bothering someone, it should clearly bother Radwanska more, who proved in her entire career that her poor-paced shots are extremely prone to wind, and she tends to have next to no control over them if it blows hard. if it wasn't bothering someone, it should be Roberta, cause middle-paced top-spin shots are perfect for such conditions. Still, she hit numerous shanks that landed in the service box, forcing Aga to come to the net after some poor slice on full stretch, allowing Roberta to hit an easy passing shots. We've seen that numerous times in the match. Roberta should have broken Aga to even the first set, but this is the only regret she can have.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote