Will Caroline Wozniacki retire early? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Caro retire early?

Yes 39 34.82%
No 73 65.18%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #76
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Caroline Wozniacki retire early?

Technically her slump year would have needed to end at Cincy last year, that was the first tournament in 2011 where she really started playing bad and having R1 exits.

She has lost 3 of her 4 last matches, that's just not very promising.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #77
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaSlam View Post
This is true. But the beginning of the year is people's
Opportunity to see what was worked on, fixed or changed. So you will see people expressing opinions more and judging more at the beginning of the year. And premature IMO would be CW losing her number 1 ranking and saying she is done. Plenty of people did that. To which I disagreed and still do. Even though it has somewhat come true you still never know. She is at a place right now where something has to change. To me, There is nothing premature to decide in CW's Career this point.
I think it is definitely premature when talking about retirement. Like, seriously.

Especially since everyone keeps saying she's working on trying to do different things. Those changes aren't going to necessarily be seen immediately.

I think her problem isn't in playing, but it's definitely her camp. She needs to become a grown-up and play for herself, read the game for herself, and dig herself out of trouble when it presents itself. She's relying on daddy far too heavily.

To answer the retire 'early' question. Not everyone is going to play/want to play in their late 20s/early 30s. If she retired at 26, I think that would fine. Do I think she will retire 'early'...hmm...not if she loves money as much as you people keep claiming. She can play for a while and still rack up a decent amount of cash, even if she floats in and out of the top 10 for the rest of her career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #78
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
I think it is definitely premature when talking about retirement. Like, seriously.

Especially since everyone keeps saying she's working on trying to do different things. Those changes aren't going to necessarily be seen immediately.

I think her problem isn't in playing, but it's definitely her camp. She needs to become a grown-up and play for herself, read the game for herself, and dig herself out of trouble when it presents itself. She's relying on daddy far too heavily.

To answer the retire 'early' question. Not everyone is going to play/want to play in their late 20s/early 30s. If she retired at 26, I think that would fine. Do I think she will retire 'early'...hmm...not if she loves money as much as you people keep claiming. She can play for a while and still rack up a decent amount of cash, even if she floats in and out of the top 10 for the rest of her career.
Due to circumstances too painful to get into here I wasn't able to see the match, but be that is it may - I think she's as ambitious as ever. Not saying that she doesn't love the money (who wouldn't?), but I think she's really trying. She's in great physical shape, just look at her body, the girl works hard, no doubt about it. But it's just not happening for her anymore - partly because she has zero believe at the moment. True, some may have 'figured her out' as some always say. But that doesn't account for all those UE errors she's making these days. The one real strenght that she always had, although seldom credited as such, is that she gave her opponents nothing. These days she gives them plenty.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #79
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Due to circumstances too painful to get into here I wasn't able to see the match, but be that is it may - I think she's as ambitious as ever. Not saying that she doesn't love the money (who wouldn't?), but I think she's really trying. She's in great physical shape, just look at her body, the girl works hard, no doubt about it. But it's just not happening for her anymore - partly because she has zero believe at the moment. True, some may have 'figured her out' as some always say. But that doesn't account for all those UE errors she's making these days. The one real strenght that she always had, although seldom credited as such, is that she gave her opponents nothing. These days she gives them plenty.
Her problem is she has no balance to what she gives. She doesn't have the ability to "take" or hit winners left and right. The running backboard reputation has to cease to exist. I think she has more errors now because she is truly trying to go for more. That is the price you end up paying. Id rather watch that then see her made out to be a mouse

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
SerenaSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #80
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I recall near the end of the 2010 season there were plenty of people saying "retire, Maria!" Since then she has been in three slam finals (winning one of them) and (briefly) climbed all the way to number one. I bet she is glad that she didn't listen to all of those "experts" who were urging her to give up. Now, obviously Maria had achieved much more than Caroline before her slump so it is not a perfect comparison but if Maria can come back I don't see why Caroline should give up just because she is struggling. Maybe she will never win a slam or regain the number one ranking but most players never achieve those things.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #81
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

If it were up to this forum, every single player out there should have retired early at some point in their careers.
Makes me think a lot of posters are just a bunch of quitters themselves.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #82
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
She should.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #83
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is only 22 and fought to hold the WTA number one position for 67 weeks. She just needs to believe in herself and her abilities more. That, and perhaps a little less Rory.

I am hoping to see her back in the top five this year.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos

Last edited by jacobruiz : Jan 9th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #84
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

It's only Week 2 for god's sake.

I would post a gif with a certain internet star who a few years ago was obsessed with Britney Spears, but I really find that person obnoxious and unpleasant so I'll refrain with a reference.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #85
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

It's not that pathetic, once upon a time, Ana, JJ and Dinara have all had their eras. At least Caro is not alone in that club, and still young to make a change.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #86
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Technically her slump year would have needed to end at Cincy last year, that was the first tournament in 2011 where she really started playing bad and having R1 exits.

She has lost 3 of her 4 last matches, that's just not very promising.
Actually, it was clear even in her RG defeat in 2011 and then even moreso in her Wimbledon defeat that the "spell was breaking" and that her 8-month run of form was over. But certain people were saying those results were just because of the surface and that everything would be fine once she hit hardcourts
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #87
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Actually, it was clear even in her RG defeat in 2011 and then even moreso in her Wimbledon defeat that the "spell was breaking" and that her 8-month run of form was over. But certain people were saying those results were just because of the surface and that everything would be fine once she hit hardcourts
I don't know, a third round loss on clay against Hantuchova and a fourth round loss on grass against Cibulkova don't seem anywhere near as bad as consecutive opening match losses against Vinci and McHale on hardcourts (by far her best surface). Very few people expected her to do well at Roland Garros and, especially, Wimbledon but I think just about everyone expected her to win those matches on hardcourts.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote