Venus Whips Out Tons of Errors! Job as Rena's Doubles partner in question.... - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #76
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus Whips Out the Water Color and Blue Hair To Claim Daphne

^^ Her ground game in Cincy was as it's best during her entire season. If she would have been able to get some free points on serve, she definitely would have won that one.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #77
joeshmo50

joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all joeshmo50 is a name known to all

Seeds were announced and Venus is #25. Now is there any chance anyone ahead of her will withdraw?? I'm not up to date on injuries and withdrawals as of late so wanted to see if there was ANY hope to sneak into that #24 spot. Also this is a good video of Venus practicing her serve with David...I think he's really great with her, perfect for her really. Very chill and relaxed but still helpful and intelligent.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...520367547.html
joeshmo50 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #78
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Something I forgot to mention during her matches at Hopman Cup was Vee's service motion on the second serve which is so strange to see now!
Before, she used to collapse into it a lot where her head would already be down before the ball had left her racquet, but now she seems to hop into it Just seems very manufactured and awkward but hey if it stops the leakage of double faults then I'm all for it
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #79
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Venus

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #80
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo50 View Post
Seeds were announced and Venus is #25. Now is there any chance anyone ahead of her will withdraw?? I'm not up to date on injuries and withdrawals as of late so wanted to see if there was ANY hope to sneak into that #24 spot. Also this is a good video of Venus practicing her serve with David...I think he's really great with her, perfect for her really. Very chill and relaxed but still helpful and intelligent.
Fingers crossed!!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #81
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

First page is complete.

Singles draw will take place Friday Aussie time and Thursday night American time.

Doubles draw is Sunday Aussie time and Saturday night or Sunday morning American time.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #82
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

^Friday can't come soon enough
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #83
country flag Upgraded

Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice

So if she doesn't draw Serena in the 3rd round, the soonest they can meet would be in the 1/4 ?

Please let them be in the opposite side .
Upgraded is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #84
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo50 View Post

thanks for posting! I remember the days when we didn't know if V had landed in Australia and were waiting in anticipation to see practise pics.

Get that serve working!

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #85
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Yeah. Another advantage for her playing Hopman Cup, guaranteed six matches and already being in Australia earlier than usual. I hope this helps her get farther this year and show better play. She'd have a week of competitive play and another week of practice on the plexicrap before the Open.

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #86
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute Haute has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm more excited about the AO this year than ever. And maybe more nervous than ever too.

I'm not going to Rupologize!
Haute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #87
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute View Post
I think I'm more excited about the AO this year than ever. And maybe more nervous than ever too.

Agreed

Obviously our expectations are tempered because of age, injury and mainly illness. But seeing how good shape Vee and her backhand seem to be in, and how mentally refreshed and happy she seems, i can't help but feel optimistic

For me the nerves are because of her first week losses in the slams last year. Until she actually makes a second week again i think we'll be on the edge of our seats for all her matches

A surprise QF or even better would be such a good platform for her season as well, and give her such confidence! Really hope she can make a deep run

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #88
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgraded View Post
So if she doesn't draw Serena in the 3rd round, the soonest they can meet would be in the 1/4 ?

Please let them be in the opposite side .
Correct.

If Venus draws a 1-4 seed (Azarenka, Sharapova, Serena, Radwanska) as her R3 opponent, then her R4 opponent will be a 13-16 seed (Ivanovic, Kirilenko, Cibulkova, Vinci).
If Venus draws a 5-8 seed (Kerber, Li, Errani, Kvitova) as her R3 opponent, then her R4 opponent will be a 9-12 seed (Stosur, Wozniacki, Bartoli, Petrova).

I've changed my mind now though. I want her to draw Radwanska. It would 100% guarantee that Serena is on the opposite half (since Serena and Aga can't be drawn in the same half), and Venus would likely have a cakewalk to the semis if she can just get through Aga. I'd rather see her play a 5-8 in the QF than a 1-4 seed in that round, so that means she better draw a top 4 seed R3.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #89
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

With the ITF Venus and Serena have won their last 24 matches.8 for Venus,16 for Serena. When you think about it Venus has actually been in good form since the Olympics.I hope she can have a really good Australian Open this year!
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #90
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Io know how I feel. I kinda hope she draws

Round 3 Errani

4th Round Stosur

QF Radwanska

SF Sharapova

or even switch Sharapova and Radwanska
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote