Shortest WTA match? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #16
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shortest WTA match?

It's crazy/sad that one of the shortest matches in history was also a GS final (Graf/Zvereva) Poor Natasha

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #17
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

I think Kim beat Rossana De Los Rios in 31 minutes at 2003 Wimbledon.
alex.2812 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #18
country flag sharapovafrench

sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice

In the 1922 Wimbledon final Suzanne Lenglen defeated Molla Mallory, 6–2, 6–0, in 23 minutes. Some accounts state that the match was over in 20 minutes.
In the 1925 Wimbledon final Lenglen defeated Joan Fry in 25 minutes, 6–2, 6–0.
But it was not called WTA during this period !
sharapovafrench is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #19
country flag Landon92

Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold Landon92 is a splendid one to behold

Mauresmo - Abramovic at Wimbledon 2007 was 39 minutes.
Landon92 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #20
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
The match was not 33 min, it was 52.

Graf d. Zvereva 6-0 6-0 1988 Roland Garros F in 32 minutes is shortest I can recall.
Shorter then some Nadal - Djokovic games
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #21
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

So for a WTA match it is still Graf-Zvereva so far. Any shorter ones? (WTA only)

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #22
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.2812 View Post
I think Kim beat Rossana De Los Rios in 31 minutes at 2003 Wimbledon.
32 minutes actually. I guess that ties it with Graf-Zvereva as the shortest ever WTA match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tenn...03/3014084.stm
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #23
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
The match was not 33 min, it was 52.

Graf d. Zvereva 6-0 6-0 1988 Roland Garros F in 32 minutes is shortest I can recall.
is there highlights of that match?

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #24
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Cibulkova vs. Llagostera-vives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #25
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Morgan View Post
So for a WTA match it is still Graf-Zvereva so far. Any shorter ones? (WTA only)
Do you take in consideration WTA qualification?
In this case
2011 Tashkent Open - WTA International 220 000 USD Qualifications
Madalina Gojnea (1) - Liliya Izmaylova (WC -USB) 6-0 6-0 in 25 minute.

But what Steffi did in a Slam final is really impressive.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #26
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post

But what Steffi did in a Slam final is really impressive.
Did she even do anything?

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #27
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Capriati defeated Pierce in 34 minutes at Rome.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #28
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Vongsouthi-Te Tai in BG qualies (19 minutes)

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #5) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14
JustPetko is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #29
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Kim's demolition of Safina at the AO couldn't have been more than 45 minutes. I also remember Serena bitchslapping Capriati in 45 minutes at Wimbledon one year. But yeah, the '88 FO final is by the shortest I can recall (before Li's match today, that is).

Serena's shortest (to my knowledge) is her 35 minute demolition of Basting at Wimbledon in 2000. At that same tournament she also beat Raymond in 41 minutes and Tanasugarn in 46 minutes, in the QF and R16 respectively.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #30
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Shortest WTA match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPetko View Post
Vongsouthi-Te Tai in BG qualies (19 minutes)
Stop bitching!!! Chelzi is (was ) an impressive player!!!

Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote