On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 310 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 06:37 AM   #4636
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Real Vikings don't need shoulder pads, just a swig of mead and a mushroom or two...
Had another post that obviously offended someone who griped to have it deleted,so I'll simplify by saying that both the Vikings AND your former faves,the Seahawks,have made the playoffs....Seattle is currently the better team,IMO

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 04:48 AM   #4637
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Had another post that obviously offended someone who griped to have it deleted,so I'll simplify by saying that both the Vikings AND your former faves,the Seahawks,have made the playoffs....Seattle is currently the better team,IMO
The Sea Hawks NEVER make the playoffs... thats the deal we have re my support... I'm calling Tony...
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 05:21 AM   #4638
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year fellow Caro fans! May the 2013 be more succesuful for Caro and happier for us as her fans than last year!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM   #4639
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year everybody!!
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM   #4640
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
The Sea Hawks NEVER make the playoffs... thats the deal we have re my support... I'm calling Tony...
It's not urgent or anything,but I'm curious as to who 'Tony' is

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #4641
country flag bruce goose

Here's something that I enjoy observing from time to time: When the tournament blogger loses her very first match and we find out if she van handle the disappointment maturely or goes into Bitch Mode and tells the fans to screw themselves in pissing away her blog.There's a fairly clear,implicit understanding that you 'sign off',so to speak,even after you've lost,regardless of which round it occurs in,and even some of the ,most temperamental divas have swallowed their pride and signed off politely following early exits.......NOW we find out what category Paszek falls into......would be interested in hearing input from any oddsmakers here

UPDATE:Well,Tamira avoided the classless exit by posting her 'seeya' blog...she has seemed like a rather pleasant outgoing person on other occasions,but apprearances can be deceiving,as Bitch Mode alumni such as Mattek-Sands and Falconi proved when they walked away in a snit after losing in tournaments....then there's ultra-phony blowhard,and BM alumni,Rennae Stubbs who yaks about all the people she knows yet always strives to turn the focus back on herself...anyone who's heard her blabbering match commentary wouldn't be surprised by that(lol)

Last edited by bruce goose : Jan 7th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #4642
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

The saddest day of my life. My mum has just died. The person who I had a closer relationship with than anyone else in this world has just died. I'm devastated. I don't know how I'm gonna get through this.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #4643
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The saddest day of my life. My mum has just died. The person who I had a closer relationship with than anyone else in this world has just died. I'm devastated. I don't know how I'm gonna get through this.
I'm incredibly sorry to hear that buddy.

I wish you all the strength in the world to get through this, I lost my mum when I was 13 but life will go on one day, trust me...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #4644
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Don't really know what to say,amigo.Won't try to give you any profound advice or miracle cure for grief here but if you just wanna send me a PM--or even several--to get some things off your chest,then I'll be here for you

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #4645
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really sorry to hear that. There's nothing any of us can say or do to take away any of your pain but maybe you should talk about the things you loved about her with your family and friends. It is always going to hurt and you will always miss her but I think it would help to talk about her and try to get your feelings/pain out.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #4646
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My deepest condolences to you! I wish you strength during this difficult time!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4647
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm very sorry for your loss.

If you don't mind me asking, how old was your mom?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4648
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know nothing will help now, my sincere condolences. Keep strong!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #4649
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

That is some crazy shit, Bruce!

Wild dogs kill 4 in Mexico City park; police trap 25 animals

MEXICO CITY - Wild dogs mauled and killed four people whose bodies were found over the past two weeks in a park on the edge of Mexico City, authorities said Monday. In one case, a teenage girl frantically called her sister with her cellphone to plead for help as the attack took place.

Neighbours of the Cerro de la Estrella, a partly wooded, hilltop park surrounded by the city's poor and populous Iztapalapa district, first found the bodies of a 26-year-old woman and a 1-year-old child in the area on Dec. 29, authorities in Mexico's capital said.

The woman, Shunashi Mendoza, was missing her left arm, and prosecutors said that both she and the boy had bled to death and been partially eaten.

Then on Friday visitors to the same park found the bodies of a teenage couple who had also bled to death.

"Experts have established that due to the gravity of the wounds, at least 10 dogs were involved in each attack," Mexico City prosecutors said in a statement.

In the second attack, Alejandra Ruiz, 15, and her boyfriend Samuel Martinez, 16, had gone to the park Friday afternoon.

The girl called her sister Diana Ruiz at around 7 p.m. pleading for help.

"Several dogs are attacking us, help me!" the girl screamed. The call then stopped.

Ruiz told Milenio Television she thought her sister was joking and still doesn't believe her sister was killed by dogs despite the call.

"What kind of dog can tear the skin from your whole arm and leave just bone and if it was an attack dog why didn't it attack her neck?" Ruiz asked. "What's most shocking is that one of her breasts was mutilated."

She said she later visited the place of the attack and saw no pools of blood. "There needs to be a thorough investigation," she added.

Antemio Maya, president of the Street Dog Protection association in Mexico City, also doubts that dogs could have killed the people found in the park.

"It's not the behaviour of street dogs to kill humans," Maya said.

Maya said authorities should focus on sterilizing pets and educating people about pet ownership instead of spreading the idea of killer animals.

"The authorities trapped beagles, Maltese, poodles; can you imagine how long it would take for them to kill a person?" he asked.

"A lot of people get tired of their dogs and they simply throw them on the streets," he said. "This is going to create a terrible hate for street dogs and that's going to lead to even more abuse."

Mexico City Public Safety Secretary Jesus Rodriguez told Milenio Television that the bodies were not dumped in the area as some had suggested. He said the victims had bite wounds that were inflicted while they were alive and other after they had died.

He warned against visiting the park and said all the dogs in the area will be trapped and checked to see if they were involved.

At least 100 police officers were scouring the park in search of wild dogs. They had trapped 25 by Monday night, including 10 females, eight males and seven puppies. The dogs had been living in caves and crevices in the park, prosecutors said.

Experts are testing the dogs' hair for traces of human blood and will also test their stomach contents. Authorities did not say what they would do with the animals.

Local newspapers published photos of the dogs. Several looked like domestic pets, suggesting the dogs were abandoned animals or their offspring who had formed a pack or packs in the hilltop park.

Iztapalapa is a massive and poor district on the eastern outskirts of Mexico City, and stray dogs roam many of its streets. Hundreds of thousands of spectators gather each Holy week in the Cerro de la Estrella park to watch a reenactment of the mock crucifixion of Christ.

Mexico City's famed Chapultepec Park, in the city's centre, also has feral dogs living in wooded areas and there have been reports of minor attacks on human, but none fatal.

In that case, animal rights activists have urged authorities not to kill the dogs, instead spaying them and either leaving them in the park or finding them homes.

http://news.yahoo.com/wild-dogs-kill...060104925.html
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #4650
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

If you don't mind me asking, how old was your mom?
She was 84. Ever since 1984 when my dad died she's been living in with me and I've taken care of her (and she of me, I'm not ashamed to say). Today she just collapsed. I know that 84 is not young, but that doesn't ease the pain. I haven't cried in years (or decades even), not even when my dad died. And even upon hearing the news about my mums departure I didn't cry, but just now when I came back home from hospital I broke down completely. I cried like I have never cried in my life.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread