Survivor 25: Phillipines - Begins Sept. 19 - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #481
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Survivor 25: Phillipines - Begins Sept. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Candice should really not have been brought back, ever. She was an entitled asshole, and her gameplay was idiotic. How could somebody who mutinied like she did have any ground to stand on when it came to lectures on betrayal? Penner made a stupid move by going with her, but thankfully realized that and flopped back to Team Awesome. Yes, Burley, Yul is pretty much the best at everything. He's been totally unflappable so far, too. Why haven't they brought this guy back?
the problem i have with Exile island and CI is that immunity idol, huge HUGE advantage... + they just couldn't split the votes cause it was strong 4 versus 6 after the merge... candice might not be smart but neither is Jonathan. he was not a sacrificial lamb so why didn't he flash the idol from Yul, i know why because he is dumb bitter bitch...
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #482
country flag NeeemZ

NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Expres View Post
the problem i have with Exile island and CI is that immunity idol, huge HUGE advantage... + they just couldn't split the votes cause it was strong 4 versus 6 after the merge... candice might not be smart but neither is Jonathan. he was not a sacrificial lamb so why didn't he flash the idol from Yul, i know why because he is dumb bitter bitch...
In CI, there was never a time when they could split the vote to flush out the idol. When they went in for the merge, there were 9 people, which was 4 v 5. Yul, Becky, Sundra and Ozzy were always voting the same way, which meant that targeting Yul would be a disastrous move for the other 5 people because they would lose a member of their alliance if Yul was to play his idol had he been voted off.

Flushing the idol in this season was more difficult because it would have meant that Yul had to be voted out before he plays it. Furthermore, the very first merge, Yul threatened Jonathan with the idol saying if he didn't join their alliance, they would target Jonathan and Yul would play his idol, meaning that Jonathan would be out. So Jonathan had to risk sticking with the 5 and vote for Yul knowing he'd play the idol and one of them would be going out or switch and vote out who he wanted.

All of this could have been avoided if Jonathan and the other 4 had voted off Sundra or Becky. But if I remember correctly, Nate and all them were quite adamant on voting out Yul, which meant that Jonathan knew for a fact that one of them were going home since they didn't know that all 5 voting for Yul would mean Yul would play the idol.
NeeemZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #483
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute

y y it was 5vs4 not 6vs4, but again, instead of being 4th at Rarotonga tribe with no more idol in play and nate gone , he decided to change side (again) and that was his demise... everyone can make threats but you can simply lie them in their face
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #484
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Did anybody benefit more from the mutiny than Ozzy? That guy went from being possibly next to go, to... well, being on Survivor 57 times. Also, Ozzy was not nearly as insufferably in his first season as he became in later ones. He took the opposite path of Coach in this regard.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #485

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Expres View Post
I agree with you on the immunity idol on Exile Island and CI - it more or less made the player that had it completely immune. Had Terry lost immunity when it mattered on Exile Island, I would guess that Aras would have been sacrificed by his own team, and had Yul not had it Jonathon probably wouldn't have flipped. Either way, while realizing that they weren't at the exact same point number-wise, I think that Yul played it brilliantly, and Terry was strategically useless.

As for Candice versus Jonathon - while their gameplay can be debated (barely - had Jonathon not flipped, Yul had told him that he would play the idol and Jonathon would be voted out; Yul pretty much tied Penner's hands on this one), I'm not sure that I've seen more petulant losers than Candice, Parvati, Nate and Adam. Jonathon, I believe, knew at that point that he couldn't win, and made a call on who he'd rather see walk away with the game: a group of entitled assholes, or a group of awesome people. Right call, Penner. Right call.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeemZ View Post
Flushing the idol in this season was more difficult because it would have meant that Yul had to be voted out before he plays it. Furthermore, the very first merge, Yul threatened Jonathan with the idol saying if he didn't join their alliance, they would target Jonathan and Yul would play his idol, meaning that Jonathan would be out. So Jonathan had to risk sticking with the 5 and vote for Yul knowing he'd play the idol and one of them would be going out or switch and vote out who he wanted.

All of this could have been avoided if Jonathan and the other 4 had voted off Sundra or Becky. But if I remember correctly, Nate and all them were quite adamant on voting out Yul, which meant that Jonathan knew for a fact that one of them were going home since they didn't know that all 5 voting for Yul would mean Yul would play the idol.
It could have been editing, but it seems that Penner made an interesting choice here, which was to not explicitly tell the Asshole Alliance that Yul had the idol. He merely suggested that it was possible, even likely. Their immediately dismissal of this idea as absurd was probably their downfall; had they humoured the idea, buttered Penner's ego a bit, and agreed to vote Becky or Sundra, maybe this season would have played out differently. I don't think so, though - I believe that Penner had already decided at this point to let the game shift in Team Awesome's favor, which is why he didn't explicitly tell Team Asshole that Yul had the idol. Again - thank you Penner!
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #487
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

CI's tribe of Parv/Nate/Adam/Candice suffered from having too many people who think exactly alike on the same alliance. Survivor's most successful alliances for the most part have been ones with different compositions - gender, age etc. and the 4 of them were just too young to know how to act and properly "butter up" someone like Jonathan.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #488

True. Though I don't know necessarily that they were too young to do it, so much as they were too self involved. While that can be a product of youth, Aras managed to pull out a few bullshit apologies in order to "butter up" Terry when he needed to. Todd was pretty good at this, too. Anyway, Parvati improved at this aspect of the game in subsequent seasons, which is why I haven't picked on her much here.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #489
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

They all (Raro) thought Jonathan had the Idol too IIRC. And I agree that Jonathan knew he wasn't going to win so he let Aitu take the advantage. Yul has been on Rob's Podcast a couple of times and he gave brilliant insight into that season and his game.

Going back to Exile Island, I think it is a very underrated season. Cirie's 3-2-1 move is one of the best strategic moves ever. I don't think Terry was that bad when it came to how he used his Idol. He was in a rough spot and Casaya was pretty tight after the merge. He could have given it to Nick or Austin but that would have been a total guess and he would have to hope he picked the right person. I think he used it to his own best interest and if he had won the final IC and took Danielle I think he would have won easily.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote