Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #151
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She is being extremely optimistic listing the WTA Championships as part of her schedule.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I think I have a better chance of winning the Euro jackpot than Caro making it to the YEC.

More realistic could be, this being Caro's last year on the tour.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #152
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I think I have a better chance of winning the Euro jackpot than Caro making it to the YEC.

More realistic could be, this being Caro's last year on the tour.
Its still early in the year, no matter how things look now.
But its on Caroline's shoulders. Its her career, and she is responsible for it. Not her dad or any coach
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #153
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its still early in the year, no matter how things look now.
But its on Caroline's shoulders. Its her career, and she is responsible for it. Not her dad or any coach

Definitly agree!!!!!!!!!!

Where´s going her way?? My god she has to wake up if she really wants to found the way back. She want?
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #154
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Definitly agree!!!!!!!!!!

Where´s going her way?? My god she has to wake up if she really wants to found the way back. She want?
This is a complicated problem. She probably doesnt want to ditch her dad and hire a full time coach.
But if she keeps falling further & further from the top with her dad always there, how long does she wait to hire a fulltime coach? Maybe she would rather this be it, always have her dad around, than ever tell her dad to stay away, like Sharapova did with her dad.
Its no secret, every player and fan knows you want Caroline in your part of the draw. Its going to be hard for her to change that, looking at how she plays now. Its almost like Kournikova. You get to play on a showcourt in a match you can win. And because you're playing a name player, you get an article written about your win the next day
But thats where things are at. Pretty complicated

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #155
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a complicated problem. She probably doesnt want to ditch her dad and hire a full time coach.
But if she keeps falling further & further from the top with her dad always there, how long does she wait to hire a fulltime coach? Maybe she would rather this be it, always have her dad around, than ever tell her dad to stay away, like Sharapova did with her dad.
Its no secret, every player and fan knows you want Caroline in your part of the draw. Its going to be hard for her to change that, looking at how she plays now. Its almost like Kournikova. You get to play on a showcourt in a match you can win. And because you're playing a name player, you get an article written about your win the next day
But thats where things are at. Pretty complicated
What if Caro got married? I'm not suggesting she do so, at least not at the present moment, but that could change their dynamic. She might not want her dad following her around on the tour then.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #156
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What if Caro got married? I'm not suggesting she do so, at least not at the present moment, but that could change their dynamic. She might not want her dad following her around on the tour then.
I think for sure, they are going to keep things the way they are for 2013, and see how it goes.
These big questions are going to be after this season, if she's not at the YEC again
But next is a major, and she already lost round 1 at the last 2 slams.
That has to be her only focus now, winning her next match. Otherwise its one win total at the last 3 tournaments and no wins at the last 3 majors

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #157
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats when she was winning. She stayed back where she was comfortable. Now she plays like she has no comfort zone.

Her dad, and Caro, destroyed her old game. And this new game makes her irrelevant in good fields.
I bet she's already planning her trip to Abu Dhabi after an early round loss in Melbourne. Seems inevitable unless she gets an amazingly soft week 1 draw
Piotr needs to insist on no vacationing in the event of an early slam loss (before the 4th round for now). That's one thing that bothered me about Johansson.

If Caro wants to just stay in her hotel room like Serena did after her French Open loss, that's fine. I just don't want the loss to be brushed off by running off to Rory.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #158
country flag Protoss

Given Caro's apparent confusion about when to be aggressive and when to be defensive, I'm thinking she should opt for defensive play for the next few tournaments at least. She needs time to try to find some rhythm off the ground before going for much.

I've heard a number of times on tv when a player gets off to very erratic start to a match that they should restrict their attempts to attack and try to get some balls back as a means of trying to find their rhythm.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #159
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Piotr needs to insist on no vacationing in the event of an early slam loss (before the 4th round for now). That's one thing that bothered me about Johansson.

If Caro wants to just stay in her hotel room like Serena did after her French Open loss, that's fine. I just don't want the loss to be brushed off by running off to Rory.
I dont think anyone can keep Caro from having a vacation if she loses early in Melbourne.
From the outside, it looks like she trains hard, but is regressing.
But who knows what really is going on? Thats why I think she needs a fulltime coach. Unless she can pull out of this with her dad.

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #160
country flag Protoss

Quote:
I dont think anyone can keep Caro from having a vacation if she loses early in Melbourne.
From the outside, it looks like she trains hard, but is regressing.
But who knows what really is going on? Thats why I think she needs a fulltime coach. Unless she can pull out of this with her dad.
I think a coach does the authority to insist on certain things though. For example, if a player wanted to go out partying the night before an early big match, then the coach should insist that they don't. Sure the player could go out partying but if they respected the authority of their coach they wouldn't. If the player did out go partying, there would need to be some kind of disipline/punishment for that.

So if Caro wants to go on vacation, Piotr should say no.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #161
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course I am only speculating but if these kind of results continue I have to believe that eventually Piotr will ask Caroline to consider a new coach. I'm sure that he would rather see her win with someone else as opposed to retaining him as her coach and continue to struggle. I suspect that by the end of the year she will either be doing much better or big changes are going to happen.
Dad-daughter relationships are very difficult to understand, I had a friend of mine who was in Italian national team and she was coached by dad and said they were perfect because they were never talking of skiing at home, but since she got injured she prefered to quit the sport rather than go to another coach.

I can definitely Caro prefer to call it a carreer rather than going against dad

Quote:
I'm wondering if Caro and her team watch some video of her matches together. I think it could be useful to go over some points and evaluate what she should do in in that (aggressive vs defensive).

Johansson wasn't really in the picture anymore after the US Open last year.
they surely do that since every sportsmen does it, whichever the sport is, it would be a great flaw not to use video supports to improve.

Honestly I am very worried by the trend she's taken though, I've seen a video someone posted of her tournament win in Las Vegas a few years ago and she seemed to play harder strokes and missing much less, now she hits puffballs often in the middle of the court and makes a lot of terrible UEs. IMHO it's all in her head, one can't forget how to play...but in all that I still think the racket change didn't help either.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #162
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Piotr needs to insist on no vacationing in the event of an early slam loss (before the 4th round for now).
.. I am afraid you're touching on another GM myth here. Caro isn't some puppet on a string and Piotr isn't Simon Cowell, the great puppet master. Caro does, what Caro wants. The End.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #163
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She is being extremely optimistic listing the WTA Championships as part of her schedule.
In theory,it wouldn't be that hard,and she barely missed making it as an alternate last year....but,yeah,Caro would need to make a BIG step up from the level where she seems to be right now

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #164
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well,part of that would depend on Caro and her bf;they're young people who might feel that marriage is archaic and that merely living together was enough.IF they are both inclined to marry,then it wouldn't be any shocker if Rory proposed and Caroline accepted,but you realize,of course,that Caroline and her hubby would need to carefully maintain some sort of anti-conception plan or else Caroline could easily get pregnant just by accident and derail her career.I say that b/c Caro strikes me as the type who couldn't cavalierly terminate her unborn child's life as so many cold,shallow WTA gals probably would.It would probably affect her psychologically for quite a while.....and,obviously,both motherhood and the quest for it have taken Davenport,Clijsters and Dementieva from the WTA....and I suspect that it'd be hard for Caro to bounce back from such an extended break PLUS the added complications

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #165
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's also travel and media obligations as well.

Improve her ranking? Seriously? She's playing nowhere near the level of her current ranking #10.
Yes, the only way to improve her ranking is to play matches,many matches. She's playing badly atm but that doesn't mean she cannot improve,does it?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread