Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #136
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

She is being extremely optimistic listing the WTA Championships as part of her schedule.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #137
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro is now scheduled to play 6 tournaments in a row. Plus she's playing an exhibition before Indian Wells and Miami. Normally I'd prefer for her not to play more then two or three tournaments so she can get some rest and do some training. This is just ridiculous.

Please be smart in your scheduling for a change, Caro. Sigh.
Well, I think this schedule is actually going to help her because she lost early in 2 events already. She needs many points to improve her ranking so she needs to play more. It's a realistic plan IMO.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #138
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Well, at her current level she doesn't seem in danger of playing too many matches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, I think this schedule is actually going to help her because she lost early in 2 events already. She needs many points to improve her ranking so she needs to play more. It's a realistic plan IMO.
There's also travel and media obligations as well.

Improve her ranking? Seriously? She's playing nowhere near the level of her current ranking #10.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #139
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She is being extremely optimistic listing the WTA Championships as part of her schedule.
That year she listed the YEC as part of her schedule as well. There's still the possibility of Sofia again.

Caro seems to have squandered whatever momentum she might have had coming out of last year's post US Open season.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #140
country flag Protoss

Caro had 20 winners 35 unforced errors for the match.

Caro is kind of in between: 20 winners isn't that many winners over 3 sets if you're trying to be more aggressive, 35 unforced errors with an almost two unforced errors to one winner ratio is far too many if you're trying to play a defensive/consistent game.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #141
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Sadly this was an expected loss, i didn't see the match, so maybe i am wrong, but i definitely believe that Caro is back to her messy self of last summer-spring when didn't really know what to do on court and when to be aggressive and when not.
Honestly i believe that will just be her standard from now on if piotr won't leave

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #142
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caro had 20 winners 35 unforced errors for the match.

Caro is kind of in between: 20 winners isn't that many winners over 3 sets if you're trying to be more aggressive, 35 unforced errors with an almost two unforced errors to one winner ratio is far too many if you're trying to play a defensive/consistent game.
Yep, agree. This is really the tale of the tennis girl sitting between the two chairs.

I've only seen the match against Ula and already there, I felt it was clear, that Caro wasn't really competitive, if the opponent didn't suck majorly.

Hence, I did not get up to watch the match Vs Sveta.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #143
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Well, at her current level she doesn't seem in danger of playing too many matches!
I would agree. At her level the last 16 months, it doesnt matter what she does week to week. She loses early, she might go watch some golf. But she has the whole week off, most weeks.
Caroline is almost at a panic type of situation. Where her career as an elite player, a player people mention before a major, is almost over.

She & her dad had better think hard about what they're doing. The goal isnt to work hard in practice, then lose early in a tournament and take a vacation.
The goal is to improve in practice then have each tournament be a long hard week.

But her game has become a disaster. She's not steady and she is not effective when she tries to be aggressive. The biggest problem is that her dad has broken her down mentally. Its a coach's job to build a player up, mentally. Not tear them apart.
We are watching a player who is very weak mentally. Sounds unbelievable from where she was in spring of 2010, but its very real, and very hard to change. Look at Jankovic & Ivanovic
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #144
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
Sadly this was an expected loss, i didn't see the match, so maybe i am wrong, but i definitely believe that Caro is back to her messy self of last summer-spring when didn't really know what to do on court and when to be aggressive and when not.
Honestly i believe that will just be her standard from now on if piotr won't leave
Of course I am only speculating but if these kind of results continue I have to believe that eventually Piotr will ask Caroline to consider a new coach. I'm sure that he would rather see her win with someone else as opposed to retaining him as her coach and continue to struggle. I suspect that by the end of the year she will either be doing much better or big changes are going to happen.

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #145
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I'm wondering if Caro and her team watch some video of her matches together. I think it could be useful to go over some points and evaluate what she should do in in that (aggressive vs defensive).

Johansson wasn't really in the picture anymore after the US Open last year.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #146
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
I'm wondering if Caro and her team watch some video of her matches together. I think it could be useful to go over some points and evaluate what she should do in in that (aggressive vs defensive).

Johansson wasn't really in the picture anymore after the US Open last year.
I'm sure that they do. If you read some of the comments that her coaches have made over the last year and a half they seem to understand that she gets herself into trouble when she plants herself well beyond the baseline. Caroline has to know that but it seems that she has trouble moving in during an actual match. I would guess that the problem is her defensive mentality and that it is extremely hard for her not to stay in her comfort zone.

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #147
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm sure that they do. If you read some of the comments that her coaches have made over the last year and a half they seem to understand that she gets herself into trouble when she plants herself well beyond the baseline. Caroline has to know that but it seems that she has trouble moving in during an actual match. I would guess that the problem is her defensive mentality and that it is extremely hard for her not to stay in her comfort zone.
Thats when she was winning. She stayed back where she was comfortable. Now she plays like she has no comfort zone.
Her dad, and Caro, destroyed her old game. And this new game makes her irrelevant in good fields.
I bet she's already planning her trip to Abu Dhabi after an early round loss in Melbourne. Seems inevitable unless she gets an amazingly soft week 1 draw

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #148
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caroline is almost at a panic type of situation. Where her career as an elite player, a player people mention before a major, is almost over.

She & her dad had better think hard about what they're doing. The goal isnt to work hard in practice, then lose early in a tournament and take a vacation.
The goal is to improve in practice then have each tournament be a long hard week.

But her game has become a disaster. She's not steady and she is not effective when she tries to be aggressive. The biggest problem is that her dad has broken her down mentally. Its a coach's job to build a player up, mentally. Not tear them apart.
We are watching a player who is very weak mentally. Sounds unbelievable from where she was in spring of 2010, but its very real, and very hard to change. Look at Jankovic & Ivanovic
You can remove the almost.

As for the 2nd highlighted, I am somewhat disappointed to see you jump on the 'anti-Piotr' bandwagon and frankly, displays a lack of knowledge on your part.

Piotr has from her early junior days drilled into Caro , that losing a tennis match is not the end of the world. If anything, imho, Caro is taking too loosely on her career, tennis match loses. It doesn't seem to affect her at all. She doesn't care, as she's got Rory.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Jan 8th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #149
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You can remove the almost.

As for the 2nd highlighted, I am somewhat disappointed to see you jump on the 'anti-Piotr' bandwagon and frankly, displays a lack of knowledge on your part.

Piotr has from a very young age drilled into Caro, that losing a tennis match is not the end of the world. If anything, imho, Caro is taking too loosely on her career, tennis match loses. It doesn't seem to affect her at all. She doesn't care, as she's got Rory.
Of course losing at tennis is not the end of the world. Especially where Caro is now. She can retire today and live the life of a celebrity billionaire who was #1 in the world of tennis for 2010 & 2011.
But looking back at where she was when she played Cibulkova at Wimbledon (#1 by 3000 points, holding 9 titles, in 15 semis of her previous 19 tournaments). From that Cibulkova match to where she is now, as a tennis player, Caro and her dad made some decisions that didnt work out
I'm looking at it from the perspective of a young player's tennis career, which has unraveled terribly.
As a person, she is set up to enjoy the rest of her life in many ways

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #150
country flag TennisFan66

^ Cannot disagree with that. I just thought your comment that Piotr had mentally broken Caro was far out. Far far out. And completely untrue. Else I pretty much agree with everything you post.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Closed Thread