Li's New Year's resolution: "I want to be top 3 or win a Grand Slam" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future
Li's New Year's resolution: "I want to be top 3 or win a Grand Slam"

... according to the presser in Sydney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25I2o6PNfE&t=3m31s
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li's New Year's resolution: "I want to be top 3 or win a Grand Slam"

Very realistic, she has the game to be be best. She just needs to prove it.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

players care about the ranking? bombshell
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #4
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

No. Not that I think she doesn't have the capability, but setting goals for yourself like this... ehh, I wouldn't. Too much pressure.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #5
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
No. Not that I think she doesn't have the capability, but setting goals for yourself like this... ehh, I wouldn't. Too much pressure.
Well for someone like Na who was close to top 3 and has won a slam, as well as with her capability and the current state of women's tennis, I'd say it's a totally realistic goal.

unless she could just aim to win the China slams and stay top 10 which she has already done so far.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #6
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Get it Madame Li
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #7
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Well for someone like Na who was close to top 3 and has won a slam, as well as with her capability and the current state of women's tennis, I'd say it's a totally realistic goal.

unless she could just aim to win the China slams and stay top 10 which she has already done so far.
The women's tour was the same last year and she managed to blow 4 match points against Kim, get bageled by Shvedova, kicked out of Wimbledon twice, and lose to Robson in the USO.

I should stop talking, because I love Li, but her slam performances since winning one have sucked.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #8
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Setting ambitious goals is the way to go.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #9
country flag Hardiansf

Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of

You can do it!
Miss you Monica Wynne Angie Anna Chakvy Marion
Good luck also : Svetlana Li Na
Hardiansf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #10
country flag twinbridge

twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all

According to a Chinese media, she said her goal for 2013 is to reach TOP 3 AND manage to win another Grand Slam again.
twinbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #11
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

If she isn't Error Na, absolutely she can make it!
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #12
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
Um...She's a Grand Slam champion. When you've already won a slam, your yearly goal isn't to win Bastad - it's to win more slams. This isn't even thread-worthy.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #13
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

But for a 30 year-old woman who never achieved so much before 2011 is still an really ambitious goal, especially no Asian has done it prior to her... Hope she can reach the goal, stay healthy and play more seasons...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #14
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

she should win a Major to be in top 3 ,it 's not "either..... or" situation

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #15
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
she should win a Major to be in top 3 ,it 's not "either..... or" situation
not necessarily as proven by Radwanska, Zvonareva

and also by Stosur, Schiavone, Li not being top 3 even with a Major win
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - Frederik Igorche Inger67 joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Michael! M.P New_balls_please
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada Inger67 SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs Shenzhen AO WC Playoff
SAISAI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote