Who was more popular in their prime, Kournikova or Sharapova? - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who was more popular in their prime?

Kournikova 140 64.22%
Sharapova 78 35.78%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #226
country flag TheGoldenChild

TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light TheGoldenChild is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Who was more popular in their prime, Kournikova or Sharapova?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
why did you quote me
Aren't you Debby Dingle?

She told me she be here at 19:40 tonight
TheGoldenChild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #227
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild View Post
Aren't you Debby Dingle?

She told me she be here at 19:40 tonight
OMG
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #228
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Natasha Zvereva.
Ok, well Natasha made it to #5, won 4 titles, a major final in singles. She also won 18 doubles slams to Anna's 2.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #229
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Anna by miles. There is something about Sharapova that is very difficult to warm to. Anna on the other hand was loved regardless of her attitude. The French Crowd is always the litmus test and Anna acted like a brat against Novotna in 98 looking to delay the match when it was getting dark so she could play the following day as Novotna at that moment had the momentum and when leaving the court a while later Novotna was the one who was roundly booed whereas Sharapova argues a little and gets booed big time by the French crowd. I'm not saying the French crowd is the be all and end all of judging but if you can win over the harshest GS crowd in the world then that's a very good indicator of your popularity.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #230
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
Anna by miles. There is something about Sharapova that is very difficult to warm to. Anna on the other hand was loved regardless of her attitude. The French Crowd is always the litmus test and Anna acted like a brat against Novotna in 98 looking to delay the match when it was getting dark so she could play the following day as Novotna at that moment had the momentum and when leaving the court a while later Novotna was the one who was roundly booed whereas Sharapova argues a little and gets booed big time by the French crowd. I'm not saying the French crowd is the be all and end all of judging but if you can win over the harshest GS crowd in the world then that's a very good indicator of your popularity.
That's exactly what you're saying

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #231
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Anna without question.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #232
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

The hype and buzz around Anna was HUGE. I've never felt quite the same excitement over Maria, even though she's been far more successful on court. Just my interpretation of it.

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote