Hobart R1: Monica Niculescu d. Mandy Minella 6-4, 6-3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #1
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future
Hobart R1: Monica Niculescu d. Mandy Minella 6-4, 6-3

Some good stuff from both players but Monica was just too solid!

Sydney SF - Tsvetana Pironkova (6-4, 6-3) Australian Open R1 - Luksika Kumkhum (6-2, 1-6, 6-4) Doha QF - Jelena Jankovic (6-1, 6-3) Dubai R2 - Carla Suarez Navarro (1-6, 6-4, 7-6) Indian Wells R4 - Dominika Cibulkova (6-3, 6-2) Miami QF - Maria Sharapova (7-5, 6-1) Stuttgart R2 - Alisa Kleybanova (6-2, 7-6(3)) Madrid SF - Simona Halep (6-7, 6-3, 6-2) Rome R2 - Shuai Zhang (7-6, 5-7, 6-3) French Open R3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova (6-7, 6-1, 9-7) Eastbourne QF - Heather Watson (w/o) Montreal R3 - Ekaterina Makarova (6-4, 1-6, 6-2) Cincinnati R2 - Elina Svitolina (6-2, 7-6)
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #2
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hobart R1: Monica Niculescu d. Mandy Minella 6-4, 6-3

That was undoubtedly the worst match I've ever sit through.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #3

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

I didn't think it was that bad

Sydney SF - Tsvetana Pironkova (6-4, 6-3) Australian Open R1 - Luksika Kumkhum (6-2, 1-6, 6-4) Doha QF - Jelena Jankovic (6-1, 6-3) Dubai R2 - Carla Suarez Navarro (1-6, 6-4, 7-6) Indian Wells R4 - Dominika Cibulkova (6-3, 6-2) Miami QF - Maria Sharapova (7-5, 6-1) Stuttgart R2 - Alisa Kleybanova (6-2, 7-6(3)) Madrid SF - Simona Halep (6-7, 6-3, 6-2) Rome R2 - Shuai Zhang (7-6, 5-7, 6-3) French Open R3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova (6-7, 6-1, 9-7) Eastbourne QF - Heather Watson (w/o) Montreal R3 - Ekaterina Makarova (6-4, 1-6, 6-2) Cincinnati R2 - Elina Svitolina (6-2, 7-6)
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #4
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Well...

Minella can't return, can't volley, can't hit a backhand, is moving like a rock and probably hit around 50 UEs

Monica was pretty flat and uninspiring.

Painful stuff. The wind didn't help either and the few winner which were hit were mostly due to indirrect errors of the opponent.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #5
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
That was undoubtedly the worst match I've ever sit through.
I think some of that was the fact that the viewing angle wasn't at all great and with no commentating this was a tough match to watch on a what was a pretty mediocre livefeed.

Still I gotta agree, it was a quite scrappy from Monica, certainly not at the level she was playing at last week but, hey, the conditions here were very different to China where it's still winter. Add to that the long flights to Hobart and I'm just glad Monica got through it. On the positive side, Monica stayed focused throughout and she never went into any kind of mental tailspin. And she did get better as the match went on. Actually played pretty well from 1-2* down in the 2nd. Also must be said Mandy played pretty solidly and fought hard.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #6
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of

Poor mandy...love her....loosing to a pigmy too
HOS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #7

I think Monica used her slice very effectively today, I enjoyed watching it.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #8
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
I think some of that was the fact that the viewing angle wasn't at all great and with no commentating this was a tough match to watch on a what was a pretty mediocre livefeed.

Still I gotta agree, it was a quite scrappy from Monica, certainly not at the level she was playing at last week but, hey, the conditions here were very different to China where it's still winter. Add to that the long flights to Hobart and I'm just glad Monica got through it. On the positive side, Monica stayed focused throughout and she never went into any kind of mental tailspin. And she did get better as the match went on. Actually played pretty well from 1-2* down in the 2nd. Also must be said Mandy played pretty solidly and fought hard.
Yep, Monica really had to adapt and she did well finishing it in straight sets without much drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaAzarenka View Post
I think Monica used her slice very effectively today, I enjoyed watching it.
I certainly agree with you that Monica won a lot of points on that slice, but she didn't really construct rallies with it. She was flat and just threw in a couple of short slices and simply pushed as hard as possible.

Minella's abysmal movement did most of the job.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #9
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy

I watched like 10mins of this and It was so bad I turned it off

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote