Hobart R32: Real Newcomer of the Year (8) Stephens beats Robson 6-4 7-6(4) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #76
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all
Re: Hobart R32: Real Newcomer of the Year (8) Stephens beats Robson 6-4 7-6(4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_masterton View Post
I don't know what's more annoying, people who hate Robson and use every defeat and firm evidence she will never achieve anything, or people who are so obsessed with Laura they can't fathom that she might lose a match because she is just not good enough.
I've long given up hope you can have a good discussion about tennis on these forums. There are way too many tools that fit both scenarios you just described and they are more interested in being tools than having a real tennis discussion.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #77
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of

I always thought Sloane was the better of the two. People are quick to say nothing is impressive about Sloane's game...but how in the world did Caro managed to stay number 1 for 67 weeks! Now, thats ridiculous.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #78
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Bye, Laura. You scrub.

The future is now. The future is Sloane.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #79
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Bye Hypson
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #80
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going, Sloane. Thanks for trashing Laura.
faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #81
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Robson's footwork round the ball is still god awful. It doesn't matter how good a ball striker you are if you aren't in position to hit the ball you will miss.

Stephens is basically just a steady player that is neither fast enough or hits the ball hard enough to ever be a true top player. But a career floating around the #20 mark beckons, which is nothing too shabby.
Sloane doesn't hit the ball hard enough? .......... Are we talking about the same person?

Sloane needs to become more match tough and learn the dimensions of the court more. Hitting the ball harder is not one of her issues.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #82
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Hypson
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #83
country flag Deestruction
Lush...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane

Laura
The hate on Laura is just....

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #84
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Sloane doesn't hit the ball hard enough? .......... Are we talking about the same person?

Sloane needs to become more match tough and learn the dimensions of the court more. Hitting the ball harder is not one of her issues.
In the great sceme of things neither Robsor nor Stephens seem to have what it takes to go all the way. They are both talented players but a career-high around no. 10-15 seems to be the most realistic scenario for both.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #85
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Hypson!

Champion! Past Present & Future: Vika Azarenka - THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!!!*****
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #86
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Hypson?

That's one thing posters are good at on this board: nicknames...

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #87
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post

Yes it is The raw pace on her shots is mediocre compared to the elite ballstrikers, and even compared to Robson;
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote