Jemelle Hill ESPN commentator twittered racist tweet - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #31
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jemelle Hill ESPN commentator twittered racist tweet

Sage...

Also, just a minor note, it's currently The Queen's English. Just like it's Her Majesty's Ship, etc.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #32
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{X}~tianuccio View Post
I read her article, she said she wasn't defending or dismissing his comments but she accepts his remarks. So that's like saying... if someone said something racist... and someone wrote an article accepting that person's right to say those racist comments... does it make it right? No.

And I stand by what I said in regards to the person who wrote that letter in relation to her, they are a dumbass and ignorant, there is no need to write something like that, ever.
I couldn't agree with you more.

JN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #33
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
I wonder how the writer feels about:

Reischea Canidate,

Sage Steele,

Lisa Salters,

Josina Anderson, and

Pam Oliver. Oops!

Pam Oliver.
I live! I didn't know so many flawfree sistas were sports commentators

██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #34
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Now we're having threads dedicated to harassing Dominic?
Exactly.

That letter is abhorrent and the person who composed it is horrible but let's make this thread about that rather than baiting and harassing a harmless posster

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #35
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Exactly.

That letter is abhorrent and the person who composed it is horrible but let's make this thread about that rather than baiting and harassing a harmless posster
Racism is never harmless.

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #36
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I'd guess she better than him (or possibly even her) and certainly better than he writes. He can't even keep up with simple subject-verb agreements and uses the word "outta." What a d*ck. I didn't realise the whole letter would be so disgusting.

Does anyone know if the letter was signed?

So, does everyone find the usage of the word 'gorilla' to be the worst used in the letter? I found 'spear-chucker' to be the most appalling myself.

Also, does anyone know what 'jungle bunny' means? I think I may have heard that before but I don't really get it.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #37
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I'd guess she better than him (or possibly even her) and certainly better than he writes. He can't even keep up with simple subject-verb agreements and uses the word "outta." What a d*ck. I didn't realise the whole letter would be so disgusting.

So, does everyone find the usage of the word 'gorilla' to be the worst used in the letter? I found 'spear-chucker' to be the most appalling myself.

Also, does anyone know what 'jungle bunny' means? I think I may have heard that before but I don't really get it.
It's not that "gorilla" is worse it's that Dominic called Serena a "gorilla" and he and his posse argued that "gorilla" wasn't racist and that we were always playing the race card. Perhaps this anonymous letter can be a teaching lesson for those that want to learn.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #38
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
It's not that "gorilla" is worse it's that Dominic called Serena a "gorilla" and he and his posse argued that "gorilla" wasn't racist and that we were always playing the race card. Perhaps this anonymous letter can be a teaching lesson for those that want to learn.
They are all lost souls. Thankfully this is just the internet, and we will never have to encounter them in real life.
The best approach is just to let them live in their ignorance and gross stupidity.

██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #39
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
Ohhhh, I thought that because you put it in the thread title that it must've been the worst example.

Do you know what "jungle bunny" means?

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #40
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:

I often use the word "outta", it's part of the Chicagoan dialect (like leaving the "g" off of words ending in "ing"), though I also know when not to use it.

Quote:
Do you know what "jungle bunny" means?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jungle+bunny

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #41
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I do

I throw spears all the time so I don't mind spear-chucker.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #42
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

For me none of them are any worse than the other, as they all carried the same intent(slander by use of racial slurs.)
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #43
country flag kwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
I often use the word "outta", it's part of the Chicagoan dialect (like leaving the "g" off of words ending in "ing"), though I also know when not to use it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jungle+bunny
Thank you!

That's a weird term. I think I have heard it before but I wasn't really familiar with it. I would've thought that it would moreso refer to women but it seems like the opposite may be true. Some of those definitions are offensive in themselves though. They seem almost intentionally provocative. It's a weird one for me because the use of the word "jungle" is so apparently offensive and brings up all kinds of negative connotations but the word "bunny" seems so innocuous. It's like an oxymoron.

Exactly, but I'm sure to him "outta" and incorrect subject-verb agreements are perfectly acceptable (even in a letter of complaint) because he's white (well, I assume that "he" is "white")

Last edited by kwilliams : Jan 6th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #44
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
They are all lost souls. Thankfully this is just the internet, and we will never have to encounter them in real life.
The best approach is just to let them live in their ignorance and gross stupidity.

Some of us saw what you posted Friday night that was so bad it had to be deleted with no record, and all comments on it deleted with no record, so you can spare us your usual bs. Want to repost it so I can put it in my signature like you always do?
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #45
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Some of us saw what you posted Friday night that was so bad it had to be deleted with no record, and all comments on it deleted with no record, so you can spare us your usual bs. Want to repost it so I can put it in my signature like you always do?
So how many posters here do you stalk and regularly harangue yourself? And are they all black?
Olórin is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread