Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #16
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year

Tough luck for Sori - illness and then this draw in Sydney. She should be able to take Barthel anyway if her head is on right.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #17
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Pavlyuchenkova withdrew - so Barthel is taking her spot and Sorana should face a Q/LL in R1 if I got the rules right on how to make a draw.

EDIT: Just saw it depends on when she is officially out. Better hurry up, I guess.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jan 5th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #18
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Q/LL it is.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #19
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(LL)Bratchikova
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #20
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

No excuses, really.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #21
country flag Dann2695

Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice

Good News with the revised draw

3rd match on centre tomorrow.
Dann2695 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #22
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sorana is just "forehanding" the match to Nina!

But Nina said "No, thanks!" and has "netted" it back to her.

3-6; 7-5; 2-0 now for Sorana.

Last edited by grs : Jan 7th, 2013 at 05:29 AM.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #23
country flag Curcubeu

Won it 6-2 in the 3rd.

Another one of those classic Sorana matches with a first set in which she is just rushing the ball like a maniac on every occassion, but in contrast to her earlier career, she is now able to turn it around and fight back and this is a pretty good sign.
She also had a good amount of these last season.

However, you can't afford such slow starts like this against any decent player out there and I really wonder if her coaches didn't have notice these patterns as well already?

R2 against Davis who is actually a bad match up, but she just isn't that good, even for pusher standards.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #24
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sometimes I wonder if Sorana isn't caught in some sort of "who's hitting most UE's in a match" contest with Kvitova, Safarova and others.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #25
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Nice win over Bratchikova. She left it late, though.
Has there ever been a more favorable section of the draw than a LL, a Q, and a WC?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #26
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
Has there ever been a more favorable section of the draw than a LL, a Q, and a WC?
Depends on who the player is. For instance Kuznetsova is a qualifier in Sydney.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #27
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Get yourself together girl!
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #28
country flag Curcubeu

Full match

That return game at 33 minutes...
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #29
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Sori

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #30
country flag overrule

Unhappy Re: Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year

Well, at least Davis made her hit a lot of balls heading into AO. I'm guessing most were out.

She lost a ton of deuce games.