Marija Abramovic - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #181
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Marija Abramovic

^ Maria reached a new CH ranking in doubles this week: #143.

This week she's playing another $50K in Japan. The bad news is she lost in R1 of doubles. The good news is that she's in the singles QF:

1st Round: Maria ABRAMOVIC (CRO) 4-6 6-1 6-4 Akiko YONEMURA (JPN)
2nd Round: Maria ABRAMOVIC (CRO) 6-2 6-0 Riko SAWAYANAGI (JPN)

In the QF she plays the #8 seed, Nakamura (#247 but CH #47 ). Good luck, Maria!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #182
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Ivana, what a match-up in the quarters! Love the way she is climbing the doubles ranks as well!

Good luck!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #183
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Maria ABRAMOVIC (CRO) def. Aiko NAKAMURA (JPN) [8] 7-6 4-6 6-4

Maria in the SF of a $50K

She'll reach a new CH ranking next week. I'm sure she has been wanting this badly. Her current CH ranking is from four and a half years ago!
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #184
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #185
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #186
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

SF: Zheng S. - Abramovic 63 62

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #187
country flag ma re

It's a shame, but still a very good week
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #188
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

50k SF is great result!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #189
country flag networthy

This week Maria reaches CH rankings in singles (266) and doubles (141).

Congrats!
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #190
country flag ma re

Wonderful stuff from her recently! Given the fact that she is playing on clay this week I'm guessing she has no plans for Wimbledon (haven't even checked the entry lists), but if she can continue like this for a few more weeks nice things might be in store for her in New York!

Good luck!
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #191
country flag ma re

Since we last spoke of her Maria hasn't done much in either singles or doubles. There are rare exceptions like a close, three set QF defeat in the doubles of Albuquerque 75k to eventual finalists Falconi/Sanchez, where Maria played in an unseeded team with Amra Sadikovic. She failed to defend quite a few points from last year in the past 3 months, so her ranking slid some 50 places in singles and 40(ish) in doubles.

This week, in 50k Las Vegas, she did an excellent job of taking out the 5th seed Falconi in straight sets but then failed to take her chance by losing to a 20 y.o. qualifier Perez, who is ranked just a few spots higher than Maria. In doubles she again teamed up with Sadikovic and they again won a round (again as an unseeded team), scraping a tough one against wild-cards Burdette/Embree, but then ran into the top seeded Rodionovas and went down in straights.

All in all, Maria is showing signs of improvement from the past few months, but she is defending quite a few doubles points in the next 3 weeks - a 50k title, a 50k semi and a 25k title On top of that, there's a 50k QF in singles, coming up in late October.

Busy weeks ahead. Best of luck Maria!
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #192
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Wheres Marija?? Was making some good gains
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #193
country flag ma re

Yes, she was doing good last year, but played very little towards the end of the season and the reason is probably her poor form at the time, so she probably decided to give it a rest and save money for 2013. It's a shame cause she had a really good year and reached her career-high rankings in both singles and doubles in late Spring, but then things started falling apart. She fell in the rankings considerably, especially so in doubles where she is more than 150 spots away from where she was just 6 months ago. She obviously showed that she is capable of good tennis, and it wouldn't surprise me to see her in some Slam qualies this year (maybe doubles too), but it's a big job ahead if she wants to make it. RG cut-off is less than 5 months away and her singles ranking is some 80 spots (and about as many points) from where she needs to be to make it. Hope we hear some good news from her soon.