** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:00 PM   #121
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226545906088

MARIA Sharapova never imagined this life.
Who could possibly dream that they would be a Wimbledon champion at 17, accumulate career earnings of $23 million and a bank balance at least quadruple that figure, as well as being the most marketable female athlete and richest sportswoman of all time.

But here she is, still only 25, entering her 12th year on the WTA and remarkably a somewhat reluctant tennis player, stunned she is among the world's best.

"I'm horrible at other sports," she said while relaxing on a lounge beneath Pat Rafter Arena.

"I don't even attempt to play other sports. I don't even know how I became good at this sport because I didn't have any athletic background from my family.

"To be honest, if you came to my house you wouldn't even know that I was a tennis player."

At 188cm tall and legs as long as you could possibly imagine, there is no doubt Sharapova is genetically blessed for tennis and has loads of natural talent.

But talent only gets you so far. It doesn't win you four Grand Slam titles, including a French Open victory in 2012 that finally completed the set and came after shoulder surgery threatened her career three years earlier.

"That was special," she said. "It being the Grand Slam I hadn't won and being the first one I've won after my surgery, just so many things came together."

So how did Sharapova get to this point?

She is not the first Russian bombshell to turn heads on tour, but she is much more than a pretty face gracing billboards in Times Square.

Sponsors like Nike, Tag Heuer, Tiffany and Co and Samsung pay millions for her to promote their products and now Sharapova has her own major business interest with her own candy line, Sugarpova, generating enormous Australian sales and set for its own department store launch in Melbourne next week.

It is just another hobby in the diverse interests of the world's most Googled woman.

"I'm very lucky to be in a position to do what I do. When I started playing tennis at four-years-old I never envisaged I'd be as successful as I am today," she said.

"You always dream and you dream big, I'm very fortunate to have other opportunities in my life and to balance those things.

"I always knew growing up there were so many other things I enjoyed. Of course I love the competition of tennis and that is why I play.

"I love what I do but I feel like the other things keep me grounded and keep me interested in my main focus which is tennis. If I didn't have those interests I think I would be pretty bored.

"I can't just sit on a couch. Three days off is enough for me, then I'm like, 'Where is my work?' I just want to be doing things."

Among her other interests include a love of architecture, which, if you're asking, any books on the topic is what you get someone who has everything, and interior design, because she is fascinated by the formation of nothing into something.

Which brings us back to the formation of Sharapova. Not the brand, the tennis star. The 2004 Wimbledon champ who has gone on to win the US Open (2006), Australian Open (2008) and last year the French Open to go with an Olympic silver medal and the honour of being the first woman to carry the Russian flag at the opening ceremony.

Amazing honours for a girl who moved to the US aged nine to join the Nick Bollettieri Academy to begin the journey on this dream.

"For that story though there are a million others that weren't as successful, so, of course, I'm very lucky but there is no secret to hard work," she said. "There are some people who are diehard fans of going in the gym and some people say 'Oh, I work out and I feel so good after' and I'm like 'What are you on?' That is so not me.

"But I'm professional enough to realise that is the work that I have to do to get better and improve and there are no shortcuts.

"There are days when you wake up and it's freezing outside and it's still dark and the last thing you want to do is go outside when maybe everyone is still in their pyjamas and you don't want to go out and practise hitting tennis balls.

"It's tough, you have to push yourself ... it's not always an easy ride and you go through a few setbacks here and there. But then on a Saturday afternoon when you're lifting the trophy, everyone is still in their pyjamas watching you on television and you realise that those mornings are pretty worth it."
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 04:46 AM   #122
country flag slvr1969

slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com...ed-to-withdraw
Sharapova forced to withdraw 1 January 2013

Sharapova forced to withdraw
brisbaneinternational.com.au with AAP Tuesday 1 January 2013

UPDATE 2.55pm: Second seed Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from the Brisbane International citing an ongoing right collarbone injury.

Sharapova had initially played down concerns over her availability in Brisbane after pulling out of a recent exhibition tournament in South Korea due to a neck concern.

But the reigning French Open champion pulled the pin on the Brisbane International for the second time after the right collarbone problem restricted her on the practice court.

“I had a bit of inflammation in my collarbone, and I sent it to my doctor in New York and he told me I couldn’t really do much overhead training for about a week. That week was actually on Monday,” Sharapova said.

“So to be fair, I haven’t really given myself a chance to pretty much hit any serves or anything over my head. Just been practicing groundstrokes. So I just kind of ran out of time here.

“I started practicing once I got here but couldn’t serve much ‑ actually at all until yesterday.

“Just a couple days of serving is not really enough to go out tomorrow and compete at a high level, which is unfortunate. I tried to give myself a chance, like I said, I just ran out of time a little bit.”

Tournament director Cameron Pearson released a statement with Sharapova a sufficient recovery to take the court for the Australian Open.

“We feel for Maria because we saw first-hand how badly she wanted to play for the people of Brisbane,” he said. “She has been fantastic since she got here and worked hard in the gym, on court and in the medical room to do everything she could to get herself right. Unfortunately she didn’t make it.”

She is replaced in the draw by lucky loser Lesia Tsurenko of Ukraine, who will meet Australian wildcard Jarmila Gajdosova in the second round.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #123
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

So I just read on twitter that Maria IS dating Grigor Dmitriov.@darrenrovell confirmed. Going from Sugarpova to Sugarmama?
canadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #124
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

^ Please let this be true. He's just so attractive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #125
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadia View Post
So I just read on twitter that Maria IS dating Grigor Dmitriov.@darrenrovell confirmed. Going from Sugarpova to Sugarmama?
And how is it reliable? I think it is just BS.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #126
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of shaktincredible has much to be proud of

@darrenrovell: Maria Sharapova is off the market again. Got confirmation she's dating Bulgarian tennis player, 21-year-old Grigor Dimitrov

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #127
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktincredible View Post
@darrenrovell: Maria Sharapova is off the market again. Got confirmation she's dating Bulgarian tennis player, 21-year-old Grigor Dimitrov

And who is Darren?..
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #128
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

^ESPN and ABC News reporter and correspondent.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #129
country flag peipei

peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
And who is Darren?..
an ESPN sports reporter
peipei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #130
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

So when s she joining Twitter?
For the Sugarpova launch? For the AO?
Any info?
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #131
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktincredible View Post

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #132
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Masha and Grigor

Better than Sasja

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #133
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Todd Balym ‏@toddbalym
Grigor Dimitrov was asked about Sharapova relationship rumours: "I don't discuss my private life."
kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #134
country flag Asanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by peipei View Post
an ESPN sports reporter
It doesn't mean that this info is reliable, guys.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #135
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
OMG Masha and Grigor

Better than Sasja
Thats not hard
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote