What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

The Little Mermaid (1989) 19 16.81%
The Rescuers Down Under (1990) 0 0%
Beauty and the Beast (1991) 18 15.93%
Aladdin (1992) 14 12.39%
The Lion King (1994) 38 33.63%
Pocahontas (1995) 7 6.19%
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) 2 1.77%
Hercules (1997) 3 2.65%
Mulan (1998) 11 9.73%
Tarzan (1999) 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:12 AM   #76
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
They are not counted under Disney Animation Studios films as they are not pure Disney (except for Pocahontas 2).

Walt Disney Animation Studios films

1930s
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
1940s
Pinocchio (1940) Fantasia (1940) Dumbo (1941) Bambi (1942) Saludos Amigos (1942) The Three Caballeros (1944) Make Mine Music (1946) Fun and Fancy Free (1947) Melody Time (1948) The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949)
1950s
Cinderella (1950) Alice in Wonderland (1951) Peter Pan (1953) Lady and the Tramp (1955) Sleeping Beauty (1959)
1960s
One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) The Sword in the Stone (1963) The Jungle Book (1967)
1970s
The Aristocats (1970) Robin Hood (1973) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) The Rescuers (1977)
1980s
The Fox and the Hound (1981) The Black Cauldron (1985) The Great Mouse Detective (1986) Oliver & Company (1988) The Little Mermaid (1989)
1990s
The Rescuers Down Under (1990) Beauty and the Beast (1991) Aladdin (1992) The Lion King (1994) Pocahontas (1995) The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) Hercules (1997) Mulan (1998) Tarzan (1999) Fantasia 2000 (1999)
2000s
Dinosaur (2000) The Emperor's New Groove (2000) Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) Lilo & Stitch (2002) Treasure Planet (2002) Brother Bear (2003) Home on the Range (2004) Chicken Little (2005) Meet the Robinsons (2007) Bolt (2008) The Princess and the Frog (2009)
2010s
Tangled (2010) Winnie the Pooh (2011) Wreck-It Ralph (2012) Frozen (2013)
Then I take back what I said the 40s and 50s is the definitive golden era of Disney's movies.
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:17 AM   #77
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Then I take back what I said the 40s and 50s is the definitive golden era of Disney's movies.
30s to 50s actually. Don't forget the original, Snow White!

The late 80s to late 90s one is more of a resurgence era but most of us grow in this era so I decided to make a poll based on this era.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM   #78
country flag milakunise

milakunise is an unknown quantity at this point

I love disney movies and my favorite Disney movies are :-

The Little Mermaid (1989)
Aladdin (1992)
Ice Age 4 (2012)
The Lion King (1994)
Mulan (1998)
milakunise is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM   #79
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly! None of the characters from Pixar are as memorable as the classic Disney ones.
Yep, and there's a very good reason for it: if characters such as Snow White, Pinocchio, Pochahontas, Cinderella etc. are more memorable it's not as much to do with Disney or Walt himself except that he could pick out the best source material to plagiarise adapt Many of the films are so resonant because they draw on deep-rooted cultural archetypes, ancient folklore or the literature of more recent authors such as Hans Christian Anderson, the Brothers Grimm, which was itself based on deep-rooted cultural archetypes.

Walt Disney was a master at what he did, animation and delivery - but definitely not on the creation-level, i.e. characterisation, plot etc. In fact many of the fables were candied-up, dumbed down and probably lost a lot in their adaption for children - however there is a massive flip-side to any "loss" in that most people would have a far more limited awareness of these significant cultural fables if it wasn't for Disney. Indeed it is through Disney that we can go back to the Germanic roots (case in-point: recent Snow White film with that girl from Twilight).

The more recent pixar films aren't any more original - I mean what child hadn't imagined their toys coming to life, monsters in the cupboard at night or if animals could interact with each other. That's why the pixar generation comes across as a lot more frivolous than "classic" disney - they're based on a much less concrete and less culturally significant concepts.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM   #80
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milakunise View Post
I love disney movies and my favorite Disney movies are :-

The Little Mermaid (1989)
Aladdin (1992)
Ice Age 4 (2012)
The Lion King (1994)
Mulan (1998)
Not Disney
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #81
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Love all of these, but Pocahontas was my favourite movie as a kid!
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM   #82
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an only child so I haven't watched any of these in ages, but from what I remember:

The Little Mermaid (1989) - I think it was good, don't remember very much
The Rescuers Down Under (1990) - Didn't watch it
Beauty and the Beast (1991) - Don't remember it that well to be honest...
Aladdin (1992) - 2nd favourite And the most fun one IMO
The Lion King (1994) - Fave
Pocahontas (1995) - Like Beauty and the Beast, saw it but don't really remember it
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - It was okay, meh
Hercules (1997) - 3rd fave, almost as fun as Aladdin
Mulan (1998) - I remember it pretty well, I definitely liked it
Tarzan (1999) - Liked it too

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #83
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

i loved the Tarzan game for playstation
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 02:04 AM   #84
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

No love for muscly guy in a loincloth .

Question, about Mulan, do they really do that matchmaking thing in China?

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:18 AM   #85
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post
No love for muscly guy in a loincloth .

Question, about Mulan, do they really do that matchmaking thing in China?
I think they did in the past.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:26 AM   #86
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Close between the first three on the list. Beauty and the Beast is a classic and The Rescuers Down Under is more the the Rescuers down Underrated. The Little Mermaid is my personal favorite, though. Ursula is by far the greatest Disney villain.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:55 AM   #87
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are not counted under Disney Animation Studios films as they are not pure Disney (except for Pocahontas 2).

Walt Disney Animation Studios films

1930s
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
1940s
Pinocchio (1940) Fantasia (1940) Dumbo (1941) Bambi (1942) Saludos Amigos (1942) The Three Caballeros (1944) Make Mine Music (1946) Fun and Fancy Free (1947) Melody Time (1948) The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949)
1950s
Cinderella (1950) Alice in Wonderland (1951) Peter Pan (1953) Lady and the Tramp (1955) Sleeping Beauty (1959)
1960s
One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) The Sword in the Stone (1963) The Jungle Book (1967)
1970s
The Aristocats (1970) Robin Hood (1973) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) The Rescuers (1977)
1980s
The Fox and the Hound (1981) The Black Cauldron (1985) The Great Mouse Detective (1986) Oliver & Company (1988) The Little Mermaid (1989)
1990s
The Rescuers Down Under (1990) Beauty and the Beast (1991) Aladdin (1992) The Lion King (1994) Pocahontas (1995) The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) Hercules (1997) Mulan (1998) Tarzan (1999) Fantasia 2000 (1999)
2000s
Dinosaur (2000) The Emperor's New Groove (2000) Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) Lilo & Stitch (2002) Treasure Planet (2002) Brother Bear (2003) Home on the Range (2004) Chicken Little (2005) Meet the Robinsons (2007) Bolt (2008) The Princess and the Frog (2009)
2010s
Tangled (2010) Winnie the Pooh (2011) Wreck-It Ralph (2012) Frozen (2013)
Am still amazed at the early ones being hand drawn and coloured! Incredibile work! And, prior to Snow White, there was no such thing as a feature length animated movie. People though Walt was crazy and what he was is a genius!
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:56 AM   #88
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, my first movie in a theatre was Bambi and that was in the mid 60's
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #89
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite overall Disney film because of the music, story, animation and it had a well developed, conflicted male protagonist. I also loved Belle's mature voice.

P.S. BaTB was the first ever animated film to be nominated for Best Picture Oscar before the category for Best Animated Film even existed!

Same with Pocahontas. I especially loved the night forest scenes in the movie. Judy Kuhn made an amazing singing voice for Pocahontas..
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #90
country flag Barrie_Dude

Wasn't Snow White nominated back in the 30's?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App