Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #1321
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

I love how you are implying with your post that Irina-Camelia is playing a serious role this week.

I only hope she survived Christmas better than the past years. Pironkova is a decent R1 draw, though.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #1322
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

it's a good quarter, Kookie and Pavly will be tired or will tank.
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1323
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Irina's 2012 was up-and-down. The highlight was achieving her first WTA title, even though she ended the year out of the Top 50:
2012: 52
2011: 40

The question is: What is her greatest potential?

As last year, she starts her year in Hobart. I think she has a good chance at defending her points from 2012 by upsetting Pironkova, but Timea or Klara will be more difficult.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #1324
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
Or they will still be on a roll and destroy everyone
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1325
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

GL Irina !
Remember Linz attitude if possible.

No high expectations.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1326
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

You mean the getting-an-early-5-1-lead-in-the-second-set-just-to-choke-it-away-and-come-back-from-a-break-down-in-the-3rd-set-attitude?

Please not at that late hour for us in Europe.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1327
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
You mean the getting-an-early-5-1-lead-in-the-second-set-just-to-choke-it-away-and-come-back-from-a-break-down-in-the-3rd-set-attitude? .
I'll prefer that attitude to the one showed in Palermo 2011 against AMG "plays-a-top-3-attacking-game-without-any-weeknesses-in-the-second-set-only-for-beeing-bagelled-in-the-third"

PS. That second set against AMG in Palermo (6-1) was the best set played by a Romanian I have been seeing till now, better than Sorana's sets won against Stosur or Cibulkova last year. She was really irresistible against an in-form player (who won the tournament eventually), marmelised on her best surface. Why in the name of God she can't play like that more often.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #1328
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
I'll prefer that attitude to the one showed in Palermo 2011 against AMG "plays-a-top-3-attacking-game-without-any-weeknesses-in-the-second-set-only-for-beeing-bagelled-in-the-third"

PS. That second set against AMG in Palermo (6-1) was the best set played by a Romanian I have been seeing till now, better than Sorana's sets won against Stosur or Cibulkova last year. She was really irresistible against an in-form player (who won the tournament eventually), marmelised on her best surface. Why in the name of God she can't play like that more often.
Yep, Irina-Camelia is a mess.

And she is by far the most underrated player on TF. I can't wait for her to pull such a performance against one of the top players. She did play very well against Wozniacki, but afterwards people focused more on Wozzo's flopping than giving probs to her opponent (and losing to Soler-Espinosa the round after didn't help either).

The girl needs a good coach and a little more bite and fire and she would easily reach the Top 20. I must say I'm really interested in her 2013 season.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1329
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
Pavs withdrew
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1330
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Pavs withdrew
1-0 to me
Zakopalova is also in doubles draw so i don't think she will withdraw but i doubt such a mug can have 2 good weeks in a row..
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1331
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Begu playing with Halep. Niculescu not playing doubles.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #1332
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Pavs withdrew
First of all, pretty good news for Cîrstea.

Now, Barthel is taking her spot, right?
I would love to see a Barthel vs. Begu encounter.

They have so much in common, to be honest, starting with the coaching mess.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1333
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

It's the beginning of the match against Pironkova and it looks like Irina is going to lose (as I expected). I'm going to check the final results in the morning cuz I'm to sleepy now - hope the other girls win!
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1334
country flag Curcubeu

Losing a set on the WTA with 60% 1st serves in winning 85% of the points on it.

It's ok, Irina-Camelia. We know you are all serve these days.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #1335
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

63 64 oh dear