Kaia Schedule Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM   #16
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Ranking & Schedule Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Kaia finishes this controversial season at #19, her best year-end rank to date (that including three 0 pointers).

It's beneficial in a way that she can receive a top 20 WC next season, should she need it.
If she loses Helsinki points is she still Top 20???

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 09:33 AM   #17
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If she loses Helsinki points is she still Top 20???
Yes, but Helsinki's points don't really matter, because the year-end rank is locked after Sofia finishes. After this, the points count towards the next season, and the race re-starts (so you can see some unusual names in the top of the race till January).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM   #18
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but Helsinki's points don't really matter, because the year-end rank is locked after Sofia finishes. After this, the points count towards the next season, and the race re-starts (so you can see some unusual names in the top of the race till January).
Oh Do ITF Points count towards WTA race???

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM   #19
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh Do ITF Points count towards WTA race???
Yes, they do. I remember players like Karatantcheva, Mladenovic, Lertcheewakarn and Tabak were leading the race before Kaia rose to #1 after Brisbane
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM   #20
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Yes, they do. I remember players like Karatantcheva, Mladenovic, Lertcheewakarn and Tabak were leading the race before Kaia rose to #1 after Brisbane

If Anett played and won Helsinki...

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #21
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know what her first tournament of the year will be? I know she pulled out of the Australian Open so sometime after that?
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #4 (CH Ranking: #4)
Titles: Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #32 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #22
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

She usually plays the bigger tournaments if she gets to the main draw. I think it's most likely she'll start with Paris indoors, followed by Doha and Dubai (I don't think she'd get to the main draw in the latter though).. (or maybe even Memphis-Acapulco). Either way, I hope she'll be at least back for IW-Miami.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #23
country flag chingching

How does Dubai/Doha work? Do they switch each year???

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #24
country flag WhoAmI?

Oh, I didn't think about that I just looked at the cut-offs this year..
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #25
country flag WhoAmI?

Kaia has signed up for Paris: http://www.opengdfsuez.com/index_en.html#/news

So, like a month to go
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #26
country flag Gary101

Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all

Quote:
How does Dubai/Doha work? Do they switch each year???
They stay the same as 2012 with Doha being a P5 and Dubai being a Premier.

The rankings date used for seeds in 2012 for

Doha was February 6th
Dubai was February 13th

If the rankings date stays the same as last year Kaia may be able to benefit from playing in Paris (Premier). She will be safe enough for entry to Doha (56 player draw). But she stands to lose 570 points from missing Brisbane and the Australian Open which could leave her in the late 30s in rankings. That could be too low for entry to Dubai (28 Player draw) with 8 of the Top 10 playing there this year. But a good run in Paris could change that of course
Gary101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #27
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Kaia has signed up for Paris: http://www.opengdfsuez.com/index_en.html#/news

So, like a month to go
Can't wait
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #28
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like she might return only in March.

Last edited by Meelis : Jan 4th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #29
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Looks like she might return only in March.
Wasn't she supposed to play Paris? Some setbacks in recovery?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #30
country flag WhoAmI?

Well, it says so on her FB she would return to competitive tennis in March by initial plan!